Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bronson
    • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Tracy C
    You are thinking short term and looking for negatives. It takes a long time and many hair cycles for a human hair to transform from vellus to terminal. Longer than six months. We will know a lot more when we can see what this regrowth looks like a year after it started growing.

One notion everyone needs to get into their heads is that treating hair loss takes a long time. The speed of which is at the mercy of how long it takes a human hair to develop and transform into a normal terminal hair. This is naturally not a quick process. It is a painfully slow process. The key to kick start the process is to get the hair growing. Replicel has done that.
    I hope you're right Tracy, it just doesn't sound very promising when you consider they said they would heavily dose each patient during the trial. What are they going to do now, just give higher and higher doses? Also I thought they said if they couldn't reach rogaine and fin effectiveness then they wouldn't bother to continue, well they're not even close so why do they see their results as positive? I guess we'll find out in an interview.

Comment

• PvH
      • Jan 2012

Comment

• neversaynever
        • Dec 2011

Originally posted by Follicle Death Row
        What's the HSI rather than HST technique then? I'm probably not allowed link it but I'll give it a go.

Under hair stem cell transplantation, there's a piece on hair stem cell injection. I'm not entirely sure what he's supposed to be doing?
        HSI is the injection of purely upper DS cells. HST is the fue-like transplant of the upper two thirds of a hair follicle (upper DS cells being the key).

Comment

• 25 going on 65
          • Sep 2010

Why are people discussing the % of growth as if it's an important variable in this trial?

Am I the only one who sees why it isn't?

Comment

• JJJJrS
            • Apr 2012

Originally posted by 25 going on 65
            Why are people discussing the % of growth as if it's an important variable in this trial?

Am I the only one who sees why it isn't?
            You should ask David Hall who repeatedly mentioned that they fully expected to exceed 20% growth. If you're fully expecting 20% and getting 3% then something clearly isn't working out.

The primary focus of the trial was on safety but efficacy was also a factor and Replicel admitted as much.

Comment

• gmonasco
              Inactive
              • Apr 2010

Originally posted by neversaynever
              Please do note, while they insist phase 1 is about safety primarily, way back they said it's about safety AND effectiveness.
              A Phase I trial is always about safety; this one was a Phase I/IIa trial to incorporate some element of gauging the efficacy of the treatment. But in such a small trial, there's not a whole lot you can do in the latter regard -- it doesn't provide much opportunity for tweaking variables to see what works best.

Comment

• suicidal
                • Dec 2011

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

FUCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

****KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKk

i'm going to jump off a bridge

Comment

• tonypizza
                  • Jul 2011

The most outstanding part of all this is that Rooney's transplant is failing now. Gho may not have it figured out either

Comment

• ejj
                    • Dec 2010

All they need to do is mix replicel with ` acell ` and perhaps for good measure ,a sprinkle of ` prp ` and your good to go ! I nearly bought shares in a company that took a perfectly normal healthy ,hairy, mouse , shaved all of its perfectly normal healthy hair off, and rubbed the above solution all over it, and what do you know ? ... yep amazing isnt it , five days later the mouse grew back its perfectly normal healthy hair !

Comment

• JJJJrS
                      • Apr 2012

Originally posted by tonypizza
                      The most outstanding part of all this is that Rooney's transplant is failing now. Gho may not have it figured out either
                      Rooney's hair looked pretty good against City a couple of days ago. Am I missing something?

Comment

• yeahyeahyeah
                        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by tonypizza
                        Gho didnt do Rooney's transplant.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
                          A Phase I trial is always about safety; this one was a Phase I/IIa trial to incorporate some element of gauging the efficacy of the treatment. But in such a small trial, there's not a whole lot you can do in the latter regard -- it doesn't provide much opportunity for tweaking variables to see what works best.
                          okay, you've done a fair amount of brainstorming excuses for replicel....

now brainstorm some other possibilities not in replicel's favor...

Comment

• gmonasco
                            Inactive
                            • Apr 2010

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                            okay, you've done a fair amount of brainstorming excuses for replicel.
                            No, I have made statements of fact. They are neither excuses nor condemnations.

Comment

• youngsufferer
                              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                              okay, you've done a fair amount of brainstorming excuses for replicel....

now brainstorm some other possibilities not in replicel's favor...

Don't listen to this guy. No motivation in life other than bringing others down. I can only imagine his daily life.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                                • Jul 2011

Originally posted by gmonasco
                                No, I have made statements of fact. They are neither excuses nor condemnations.

they aren't facts. They're possible facts, that would be used as excuses to explain why results were well below expectations

also, I remember hall mentioning they were using a 1000x stronger than first expected dosage....

also, wtf is a 1000x doseage? aren't they planting cells? and do they plant cells? or inject your head and let little cells fly around under your skin like in the video?

Comment

Working...