+ Reply to Thread

Red face SMP worth the investment?

I have just had the personal consultation at Dr. Rahal's clinic in Ottawa, Ontario yesterday. Based on the assessment, I'm not a good candidate for hair transplant due to my hair type and not enough donor area. However, the consultant did recommend me another alternatives - SMP. The cost is way much lower in comparison with HT. For zone 1 (front) and zone 2 (crown) with a combined price of CAD$4500. This is the first time I'm hearing this technique and pricing, so would like to see if anyone has this done on this forum and if the price sound reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by dinfinity View Post
    I have just had the personal consultation at Dr. Rahal's clinic in Ottawa, Ontario yesterday. Based on the assessment, I'm not a good candidate for hair transplant due to my hair type and not enough donor area. However, the consultant did recommend me another alternatives - SMP. The cost is way much lower in comparison with HT. For zone 1 (front) and zone 2 (crown) with a combined price of CAD$4500. This is the first time I'm hearing this technique and pricing, so would like to see if anyone has this done on this forum and if the price sound reasonable.
    You should take a long look at SMP, the different cases that are out there, the maintenance, the fading issue, the color change issue, etc. It is a very involved subject and you have to demand proof of anything that is claimed by any practitioner that offers this procedure. Research "scalp micropigmentation" and "tricopigmentation", sometimes spelled "trichopigmentation". What you're looking at is a thickening procedure so you have to ask for examples of the work, speak to the patients, and proceed with caution.
    Joe Tillman
    The original Hair Transplant Mentor

Interested to know which doctors I recommend?
    See the full list at HairTransplantMentor.com/hair-transplant-doctors

Quote Originally Posted by JoeTillman View Post
    You should take a long look at SMP, the different cases that are out there, the maintenance, the fading issue, the color change issue, etc. It is a very involved subject and you have to demand proof of anything that is claimed by any practitioner that offers this procedure. Research "scalp micropigmentation" and "tricopigmentation", sometimes spelled "trichopigmentation". What you're looking at is a thickening procedure so you have to ask for examples of the work, speak to the patients, and proceed with caution.
    Thank you very much Joe, as it's a completely new idea from the consultation, I figure I should do more study before hand as it did sound quite easy to implement and to maintain as well. The consultant mentioned they're using half the depth of what a regular tattoo does and the effect should stay in 7~8 years. I'm curious if this is a new technique or has it been done for a while.