Histogen Update - Spencer Kobren Speaks With Dr. Craig L. Ziering

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Follicle Death Row
    • May 2011

I think I'd pay $5000 but not a lot more. Especially if you had to get more shots every 5 years or so. It would be nice to have a full head of hair but realistically I couldn't spunk stupid money on it.

Comment

• UK_
      • Feb 2011

I am sure Ken Washenik stated in an interview in 2010 that with Aderans' procedure you could theoretically achieve more hair than you were actually born with.

Comment

• Jundam
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by UK_
        I am sure Ken Washenik stated in an interview in 2010 that with his compound you could theoretically achieve more hair than you were actually born with.
        I still have a hard time believing anything Bosley has a hand in will turn out with a competent result. That said I'm still rooting for anybody trying to solve our problem.

Comment

• UK_
          • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jundam
          I still have a hard time believing anything Bosley has a hand in will turn out with a competent result. That said I'm still rooting for anybody trying to solve our problem.
          I know man... Intercytex had great PHI results and look how they ended up.

Comment

• Dasani
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by UK_
            I am sure Ken Washenik stated in an interview in 2010 that with Aderans' procedure you could theoretically achieve more hair than you were actually born with.
            That would be great. I can imagine a future where all men have perfect, thick full NW0 hair and fixing your hair is as routine and common as getting orthodontics in the US.

I myself have just recently begun to notice thinning in my crown, and of course when I first realized this I did have a bit of a freak out. But I immediately got on minox and finasteride and I can already see significant improvement. I'm young and my hair loss is just starting. I really hope improved treatments like these come along soon before the effects of minox+fin start to deteriorate. Crossing my fingers and hoping for 2014 to be the year!

Comment

• CAlex
              • Feb 2011

@Jundam.

hair right now is worth more to me then taking a year off school without question. I could go back to school at anytime but I cant get my youth back.

I dont get how more then one person here is saying hsc current density is not worth bringing to market. 1/4 natural density is a lot. If it is an injectable product they wont need to charge an arm and a leg because it would be able to be such a widespread distribution network. Every ht doc, dermatologist, plastic surgeon would line up and pay a fee to be able to offer the treatment.

the hairs from the trial are still working 2 years out. You wouldn't have to get this treatment over and over and over throughout your life.

AS science and the understanding about how to regenerate follicles continues a better treatment may come along say 5-10 years after hsc release. ITS NOT like if histogen comes to market all research into hairloss would stop.

57 new hairs per cm/2 would change my life completely. I still just can not wrap my head around so many people believing 57/cm2 is not significant.

Comment

• HairTalk
                • Feb 2011

Dr. Ziering, please provide an update to Histogen's trial on H.S.C.

Comment

• Jundam
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CAlex
                  @Jundam.

hair right now is worth more to me then taking a year off school without question. I could go back to school at anytime but I cant get my youth back.

I dont get how more then one person here is saying hsc current density is not worth bringing to market. 1/4 natural density is a lot. If it is an injectable product they wont need to charge an arm and a leg because it would be able to be such a widespread distribution network. Every ht doc, dermatologist, plastic surgeon would line up and pay a fee to be able to offer the treatment.

the hairs from the trial are still working 2 years out. You wouldn't have to get this treatment over and over and over throughout your life.

AS science and the understanding about how to regenerate follicles continues a better treatment may come along say 5-10 years after hsc release. ITS NOT like if histogen comes to market all research into hairloss would stop.

57 new hairs per cm/2 would change my life completely. I still just can not wrap my head around so many people believing 57/cm2 is not significant.
                  I think part of the problem here is that you think 25% of density will come in evenly covering the scalp. My issue with this is that if they cannot activate all the follicles then they cannot expect to activate the right follicles to cover your head either. You may very well end up with bits and pieces of your scalp with a lot of hair and the rest with small thinning spots like you were suffering from a disease far worse than male pattern baldness.

Also 2 years out is not enough to make a judgement call on whether or not it works long-term. At best all we can say is that it has the potential for lasting up to 2 years.

Comment

• CAlex
                    • Feb 2011

All we currently know is that with 1 SINGLE injection they have managed to grow more new hairs then ever before in history, and these hairs have been growing for over 2 years. I choose to look at that as a positive sign but if some choose to see it as no big deal that is their right.

Until histogen release phase 2 results this is all just speculation.

Comment

• Jundam
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by CAlex
                      All we currently know is that with 1 SINGLE injection they have managed to grow more new hairs then ever before in history, and these hairs have been growing for over 2 years. I choose to look at that as a positive sign but if some choose to see it as no big deal that is their right.

Until histogen release phase 2 results this is all just speculation.
                      That was my initial point. :P

Don't worry though, I'm not trying to be negative or dampen anyone's spirits, I want this to work as badly as everybody else here. And I think it will work. My initial point was actually that I think it will work far better than it currently does and that's why there's no point in arguing about what we know so far. As I have stated before if you can resurrect one hair you can resurrect them all. The trick is just finding the optimal method to reach all, or at least the vast majority, of the follicles.

Comment

• still_in_denial
                        • Aug 2011

Originally posted by Thinning@30
                        I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I really wish Histogen would come out and confirm that they have indeed started the trials, or at least provide us with updated timeline. My hair is looking pretty bad these days

I don't understand the radio silence. Even a few months ago they seemed to be demonstrating a refreshing and admirable level of openness and transparency. Why can't they tell us whether the next phase of their trials has started as planned?
                        Hey guys I had emailed Histogen to find out about the clinical trials and when they would start, this is the reply I received.

Thank you for your continued interest. Although HSC continues to progress, we are not releasing any details about the Singapore clinical trial at this time. We do look forward to sharing the preliminary results of that trial in the coming months.

Thank you, and hope you are well.
                        Eileen

Does anyone think this means we should have some news really soon like this year or maybe early next year?

Comment

• stillinHS1994
                          • Jul 2011

As long as it comes within the next yr and its good news that's all I care about

Comment

• VictimOfDHT
                            • Apr 2011

No indication it's coming out in a year...or two... or three.

Comment

• Jundam
                              • Mar 2011

Q1 2012 will probably be the time for both Replicel and Histogen to release their current clinical trial data. Should be exciting or heart-breaking...

Comment

• Sogeking
                                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Jundam
                                Q1 2012 will probably be the time for both Replicel and Histogen to release their current clinical trial data. Should be exciting or heart-breaking...
                                Agreed. Their silence means they have started with their Phase I/II trials and they won't be divulging any information until its over. So we will have to wait for results i believe they'll come in first but more likely second quarter of 2012.
                                Then we will know if our hope is well placed.
                                Let us hope it is.

I doubt we will hear anything from Dr. Ziering until those trials are finished since he has nothing to report. Be it bad or good.

Comment

Working...