+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Any side-effects to speak of with the fin man? I'm likely starting it this week, and avoiding all of my hypochondriac tendencies/excessive googling.

Quote Originally Posted by Eromnova View Post
    Any side-effects to speak of with the fin man? I'm likely starting it this week, and avoiding all of my hypochondriac tendencies/excessive googling.
    Only side effect is worrying about my hair less, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Only side effect is worrying about my hair less, bro.
    Good to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by BigThinker View Post
    Thanks, breh. Yeah, it does. I use generic 2% right now and my hair feels so thin and dry afterwards. I was wondering if there was any specialty keto shampoos that had other ingredients to combat that? I'll just keep up with frying my hair once a week - no big.
    I also think it depends on your hair type. I use Nizoral 2% too and my hair is curly and after any shampoo it is dry like straw anyway, I haven't found one yet in all my years that is good to my hair. After 2 days of washing it's back to looking great but then I have to bloody use Nizoral again And with Nizoral, leaving it on for 5 minutes really makes your hair like straw (for me anyway). I generally give it the full 5 mins on a weekend when I'm home anyway and it doesn't matter so much and in the week try to just leave it on a couple of minutes. I also find that if i dry my hair and then use hair spray (non - scented) then rinse my hair again and dry it that it gets my hair back to some kind of strawless state. I use hair spray anyway because I use fibres.

My experience is that I am a garden variety user. Small side effects that went away. Normal shed that made my thin area up top even thinner

Need to wait 1 year to see the results. Patience is a biotch

Default Back to my old hair style for the first time since Feb. New hair at hairline.

Wanted to provide an informal update on a couple things -- I plan to do a more formal update at the end of the month (~4 months finasteride mark).

Hair style:
    I've reverted back to my old hairstyle that I abandoned in February due to insecurity about how it looked. This is partly due to motivation as a result of new growth, as well as wanting to just "own" my hair as opposed to hiding behind the "messy bangs" look.
    [see pics]

Shedding:
    I previously reported my shedding had stopped, but I'm still shedding a bit I've decided. It's not as bad as it has been in the past. Similarly, 90% of the hair I'm losing is totally miniaturized or tapered and blonde towards the proximal end (white bulb end).

I'm trying not to read into it to much, but I do frequently have to read threads about shedding being a "good sign" to lift my spirits.

Sides:
    The prostate ache has come back probably 2-3 occasions in the last couple months, but it's whatever.

My chest is no longer warm and itchy, which was a cause of extreme anxiety at the latter part of the last month. I'm not sure why it came or left, but I've been keeping a close eye on my pecs. I've got to say, I'm getting decent gains in the gym and it could be attributed to an overall healthier life style.

No scalp itch still, aside from a couple occasions where I was lifting hard or in some sort of highly stressful situation.

No issues with my dick to report, except what feels like boosted libido (relative to ~2-6 months ago).

Regrowth!

For what it's worth, I have a lot of hair sprouting up in my hair line (which is the only place I can really look to).

I've got a long way to go, but to see these initial hairs sprout up is truly a blessing. Unfortunately, I'm having a hell of a time getting them to show up on my phone camera, so I apologize for that. But, if you look closely you should be able to see some of the longer ones.

This is legit the first time I've been able to pull my hair back and have my hairline lined with sprouting hairs, similar to what you would see on a girl or guy with perfect hair -- that non-stop production of new hairs to counter-balance the normal loss of hair.
    [see pics]

Conclusion:
    Only been on fin since Mid Feb and I'm motivated to keep going. Getting serious about lifting weights has really removed a lot of my stress and anxiety.
    Attached Images

Good post Big Thinker

I have been on it since Jan 30th and after an initial shed, my hair looks fuller and thicker but its only just been a few days that I really noticed.

Keep us updated. Your story is inspiring for me

Hairs popping up outside and in hairline. They're predominately thick, dark hairs. Still not sure what to make of them. Haven't had new hair at hairline in some time.

Sorry for low quality photo.

Default 4.5 Months vs. Baseline

Here are 3 comparable pics for each time frame, baseline and 4.5 months.

Frankly, my hair feels thinner, and it is certainly harder to style than I can ever remember.

As previously mentioned, I have a handful of hairs at the hairline, but really I don't know what to make of them.

My frontal and temporal lobes are just absolutely destroyed. I'm starting to wonder if those more T-sensitive areas are getting beat up by my frequenting of the gym and likely spiked T as a result of DHT inhibition.

Anyways, here are pics. I'll do a 6 month vs. baseline update.

P.S. When will the shed hairs that entered telogen phase return!?!?
    Attached Images

try ru on the hairline maybe?