+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Hyperthyrodism can be controlled with meds, if you actually have that...which by the way is actually diagnosable and can be the direct reason for hair loss.

Starting a weight lifting and gaining program AFTER 30 is actually way tougher then when you're younger for two key reasons: 1) Testosterone and HGH levels are on the downward slope and 2) You are more likely to start down the 'contented' road of life.

Quote Originally Posted by mpalardy View Post
    Finasteride, transplant, whatever... My point is not to defame any specific treatment. Consider, though, that the hair you save or regrow will turn grey eventually. There's no getting around aging.

And I'm often inclined to think that those who are harping on treating their balding now will just have problems with other age-related appearance issues further on down the line, not seeing how they can be used to their personal or professional benefit. Indeed, I've known women, many of them quite the lookers, who've been less vain.

In short, grow up and man up, fellas. Either focus on bearing your age well (as men have done for aeons) or learn to sing castrato; it's all equal to me. But if you can't come to a sort of peace with something so paltry as balding, I doubt you'll ever be able to come to peace with much.
    Lol at bearing your age well...for those of us in college, being bald isn't bearing your age well. Honestly, people who bald late 20s/early 30s have a very different experience when it comes to hair loss imo. I'm not saying it isn't still painful, but losing hair at 17, 18, 19, is way harder than losing some at 25, 26, 27.

Shave your head, get a tan and get your ass to the gym. Also join a martial arts gym.
    Last edited by Winston; 06-03-2013 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Inappropriate content removed. Please refer to our forum posting policies

Look like a chemo patient, triple your risk of skin cancer and take steroids. Learn martial arts to kick the asses of people that make fun of you for following the three previous advices.

Gym, tan, eat, sleep, buzz, repeat.

The only city that matters in Canada. Eh?!

GYM BRAH! I went from a skinny 130lbs stick to 170lbs piece of flesh. It does feel good to look stronger, more muscles, look better in clothes, look healthy, and not be a frail hobbit. Took me a long time though because of being on and off and losing weight but now that I am taking the gym more seriously, stuff is good. Also feels good to throw the girl your ****ing all around the place rather than making her move herself. ahaha... HA!

Quote Originally Posted by fred970 View Post
    Look like a chemo patient, triple your risk of skin cancer and take steroids. Learn martial arts to kick the asses of people that make fun of you for following the three previous advices.
    Lack of sun exposure leads to increased risk of cancer. So if you avoid the tan, you'll end up looking like a chemo patient anyway. Might as well enjoy the outside, no?

Citations:

Garland C, Shekelle RB, Barrett-Connor E, Criqui MH, Rossof AH, Paul O. Dietary vitamin D and calcium and risk of colorectal cancer: a 19-year prospective study in men. Lancet. 1985;1:307-9.

Grant WB. An estimate of premature cancer mortality in the United States due to inadequate doses of solar ultraviolet-B radiation, Cancer, 2002b;94:1867-75.

Robsahm TE, Tretli S, Dahlback A, Moan J. Vitamin D(3) from sunlight may improve the prognosis of breast-, colon- and prostate cancer (Norway). Cancer Causes Control. 2004;15:149-58.

van den Bemd GJ, Chang GT. Vitamin D and vitamin D analogs in cancer treatment. Curr Drug Targets. 2002;3:85-94.

And seriously like a billion others. Not to mention emerging research that suggests sun exposure decreases the risk of heart disease. Etc. etc. etc. you don't care anyway, do you?

How can you get a tan when you are bald. If I went out in the sun I'd come back looking like a purple penis helmet.

And going to a tanning salon is not a good answer either unless u want to look like an oompa loompa.

Its called wearing sunscreen...

why not just go fake tan? Jergen's natural glow works for some other bald guys I know and looks real as anything