+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KO1 View Post
    Why do they need FDA approval? This is an italian firm.....they could release it in any country right?
    Does anyone have an answer to this question?

http://europa.eu/about-eu/agencies/r..._agencies/ema/

they have to pass ema approval anyway

Why is everyone so focused on FDA approval? The FDA does not regulate the World's health medicines, nor does it have a remit to regulate the World's health! In fact, if you look at the health of different Western countries, the population in America has one of the worst health of all, therefore the FDA is not really doing a good job.

The FDA (Food and Drugs Administration) has approved (and subsequently retracted) many drugs which turned out to be toxic and deadly to the human population! Thus, it is not surprising that the FDA is also widely known as the Fraud and Death Administration as it mainly serves the interests of the institutions which fund it, yep, the big pharmaceutical companies!

Many people on this forum do not live in America and that is why I am so perplexed why people keeping referring to the FDA like it is in the same league as say the World Health Organisation.

The FDA is not responsible for regulating medicines all over the world, and male pattern hair loss does not just happen in America....

I also think that the focus of companies seeking FDA approval for male pattern baldness drugs has also directly hindered the progress in finding a legitimate cure for male pattern baldness!

I disagree with just about everything your saying about the FDA. There is more good than bad by having a regulatory body for drugs like this. Capitalism does not have the health or well being of other humans at the top its agenda in general so someone has to be watching. No one would ever say the FDA is perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by epipapilla View Post
    Why is everyone so focused on FDA approval? The FDA does not regulate the World's health medicines, nor does it have a remit to regulate the World's health! In fact, if you look at the health of different Western countries, the population in America has one of the worst health of all, therefore the FDA is not really doing a good job.
    Correlation does not equal causation. If you want the FDA to control America's health in rankings, then you need them to ban all junk food and force exercise on people.

I don't see CB making it to the market now. With the other treatments in the pipeline, I'm actually surprised they are even trailing it.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I don't see CB making it to the market now. With the other treatments in the pipeline, I'm actually surprised they are even trailing it.
    Are there other topical AAs with minimal sides in the pipeline im not aware of? Each possible treatment is different and pretty much unknown to what extent or how they will work. The proven route of AAs isnt going anywhere because some other angle seems to have worked. For all anyone knows you get better results with PGD 2 inhibitor combined with propecia. I mean do people know for certain they dont stack because unless they do or PGD 2 basically cures MPB I dont see the kitchen sink approach going anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    People used to say exactly the same thing when Aderans was big news. And then again with Histogen, and again with Replicel.

In fact every time a new magic treatment comes along, people get super excited and say how this is the end of CB and it will never make it to market. And yet not only is CB still here, it looks like it stands a decent chance of winning the race to be the first new drug treatment for AGA.

Simple fact is nobody knows how well any of these other treatments, including CB, will work, so they need to be trialled. Cosmo have already spent tens of millions on CB, they are hardly going to throw that all away because there's a new kid on the block.

Even if the others do prove better, there may well still be a market for CB - it may be cheaper, have fewer sides, and become the drug of choice for early-stage hairloss prevention in NW2s. Or it may be roughly equally equivalent, in which case it will probably sell alongside the others (like how there are literally dozens of antibiotics, contraceptive pills etc available).

And above all, we've seen so many other supposedly guaranteed "CB killers" fall over the last five years or so that they'd be crazy to abandon it at this point. I really, really hope they don't, because I want as many new treatments on the market as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Are there other topical AAs with minimal sides in the pipeline im not aware of? Each possible treatment is different and pretty much unknown to what extent or how they will work. The proven route of AAs isnt going anywhere because some other angle seems to have worked. For all anyone knows you get better results with PGD 2 inhibitor combined with propecia. I mean do people know for certain they dont stack because unless they do or PGD 2 basically cures MPB I dont see the kitchen sink approach going anywhere
    There are a couple of other low-side topical AAs that have been mentioned here from time to time (eg HYG-440), but none of them are anywhere near the stage of development that CB is, and to my knowledge none of them are backed by a company with the financial resources of Cosmo.

Does anyone have any idea of when they will release initial phase 2 POC results? I know the study is finished in November..but I wonder if we will get any info before then because the first patients should have data by end of april