Closed Thread
Page 69 of 187 FirstFirst ... 19 59 67 68 69 70 71 79 119 169 ... LastLast

Swooping,

Finally got an answer for you about stability:

Based on our past experience with insulin, it looks like peptides appeared to be stabler in our formulation. My hypothesis is because there is no water in our formulation, which reduces the chance of oxidation or/and hydrolysis of peptides.

Although we do not have an officially established stability data, the peptides maintained their activity for at least 5-7 days at room temperature.

We may ship out Follicept on ice pack just to be totally safe, and we will have CROs test in detail all the physicochemical properties of our formulation(s) as soon as we have sufficient funds.

It might be worth, at some point, testing follicept in conjunction with oral finasteride.

DHT degrades the igf-1 in the follicle, and it's possible without fin, it could continue to degrade the igf-1 that follicept is delivering. This would be an easy test to do, and no need to add fin to the gel.

Of course, this is only worth testing if follicept alone doesn't end up working.

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Wish I knew. It's out of my hands for the moment. But I can tell you I am 100% committed to getting this stupid vial ASAP. #1 priority, trust me.
    Can you push the supplier for this?
    I've never considered that the supply is an obstacle of the trial.

That freaking igf-1 supplier is the first and last thought of the day, it's a curse for us, why the **** he is ignoring follicept? Devon how can we help you? We can help search some other potential supplier like lonza if you want, i wish i could squeeze my kidney for my tasty igf

Quote Originally Posted by follicept View Post
    Swooping,

Finally got an answer for you about stability:

Based on our past experience with insulin, it looks like peptides appeared to be stabler in our formulation. My hypothesis is because there is no water in our formulation, which reduces the chance of oxidation or/and hydrolysis of peptides.

Although we do not have an officially established stability data, the peptides maintained their activity for at least 5-7 days at room temperature.

We may ship out Follicept on ice pack just to be totally safe, and we will have CROs test in detail all the physicochemical properties of our formulation(s) as soon as we have sufficient funds.
    Fair enough, thanks for the answer. Wish you good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    That freaking igf-1 supplier is the first and last thought of the day, it's a curse for us, why the **** he is ignoring follicept? Devon how can we help you? We can help search some other potential supplier like lonza if you want, i wish i could squeeze my kidney for my tasty igf
    Hahaha me too. We have looked, there are very few. I got a call from them today, but it disconnected when I picked up. But they know I am trying to get a hold of them. When I finally do get a hold of them, I will let them know I have an army of people who will contact them if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    Can you push the supplier for this?
    I've never considered that the supply is an obstacle of the trial.
    I have been calling all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Fair enough, thanks for the answer. Wish you good luck.
    No worries! Thanks!

If you achieved good results with insulin on mice why don't you just try insulin with your new technology on humans ? You said that it probably binds to IGF1R just like IGF-1. Unlike IGF-1, insulin is readily available.

Quote Originally Posted by Helix View Post
    If you achieved good results with insulin on mice why don't you just try insulin with your new technology on humans ? You said that it probably binds to IGF1R just like IGF-1. Unlike IGF-1, insulin is readily available.
    That would be a huge violation of FDA regulations. Plus, the rats were growing hair from the injections. Their systems work very differently (hence many peoples' skepticism) and it was the abundance of insulin that made them grow hair. If it were that easy, the hundreds of millions of people with diabetes in this world would be hairy. Likely, the amount of insulin we would have to deliver could kill them. Not a viable option.