Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrclean
    • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Harukun
    Hey guys, I was wondering if any of you could give me some advice. I am currently a Norwood 6. My parents have told me they will help me get several hair transplants if needed, but my concern is if I get a hair transplant I know it will never be as thick as it use to be so I was curious since I use to always wear my hair long with a fringe, will I be able to even pull off that hair style any more? I notice that just about all before and after photos show guys sporting a short hair cutt and that's just not me.. So I was wondering if it's possible. If not, that is why I'm also considering getting a Hair System since I know I could get the style I want, but the idea of spending money for maintence on it would add up.

So.. am I better off with a hair system or the HT?
    I guess you have nothing to lose trying a hair system first, you can see if you like it and go from there. A HT there is no changing your mind. I would think keeping the color the same as your growing hair would be an issue...I have seen some bad ones.

Comment

• Candide
      • Sep 2011

[QUOTE=cybersam;253168]I think you should look at the options that advancedhairstudio provides (https://www.advancedhair.uk/). They have a strand-by-strand option, please check if it works for you.
      I agree majority of the comments here, you have lost a lot of hair and HT will definitely not help. All the best.]

That is terrible advice. AHS is notorious for selling low quality overpriced rubbish on the back of misleading celebrity endorsements. Even the "celebrities" look terrible in their advertising photos. There is no such thing as a "strand-by-strand" option in any real sense. It's an overpriced poor quality hair system.

Are you a paid shill, or just someone talking about a subject you know nothing about?

Comment

• Candide
        • Sep 2011

I apologise for coming across as abrasive. But you can't always believe what the adverts say on the subject of hair replacement. AHS is a terrible company, and I think most experienced wearers would know that. I would hate to see the OP getting a really bad experience on top of his existing problems, because of an ill-advised recommendation.

Comment

• BaldBearded
          • Jan 2017

I would shave it, at you age, and level of MPB... and your hair color... a HT will be a disaster!

Go here: http://www.slybaldguys.com/smf/

Good luck!

Comment

• mrclean
            • Jan 2017

Give propecia a try and see what happens, you may get a great response and nothing really to lose.

Comment

• Harukun
              • Aug 2017

This is an old thread but I thought I'd come back to it since I decided to go ahead and get a FUT back in October of last year.

If any one is interested I could post pics of how my hair currently is now.

Comment

• Ahab
                • Jul 2014

Originally posted by Harukun
                This is an old thread but I thought I'd come back to it since I decided to go ahead and get a FUT back in October of last year.

If any one is interested I could post pics of how my hair currently is now.
                Yes, post some after photos.

Comment

• Harukun
                  • Aug 2017

In my opinion going from totally bald to this is pretty good. It's not PERFECT but I know I'll never be able to get perfect.

I am only 5 months in and was told by the office that I still have more growing and thickening to expect so that's good. I already have 2 more transplants planned one for the crown and then another to fill in and get more density.

From what the Doctor told me, I have really great donor hair and they actually were able to go back further than they had originally planned on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180320_200615.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	442214Click image for larger version

Name:	20180320_200639.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	442215Click image for larger version

Name:	20180318_225812.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	442213

Comment

• clee984
                    • Feb 2010

Looks good mate, who was your surgeon? How do you feel about it? You mentioned that you're planning more surgeries, are you happy with your HT thus far?

Comment

• Harukun
                      • Aug 2017

My surgeon was named Dr. Jeffrey Waesche. I had him in Indianapolis, Indiana.

In my opinion I think it's looking pretty good so far, but there is more hair to grow yet since I have like 6 more months left till I hit my 1 year mark so I have hopes for a little more density. Then next year I'm getting the crown done and possibly a 3rd for even more density. I think I should be able to get some good results after it's all done.

Comment

• Ahab
                        • Jul 2014

It looks good--but hair only grows about half an inch a month. How long after you got your transplant did the transplanted hair actually start growing hair?

Comment

• Harukun
                          • Aug 2017

Originally posted by Ahab
                          It looks good--but hair only grows about half an inch a month. How long after you got your transplant did the transplanted hair actually start growing hair?
                          It started growing around the end of November for me. I got lucky I guess

Comment

• doc
                            • Dec 2016

Actually a very good result! Understand that it's not permanent, as some of those hairs are DHT-sensitive and will fall out, but let's just cross our fingers and hope that hair cloning will be accessible any year now.

Comment

• Harukun
                              • Aug 2017

Originally posted by doc
                              Actually a very good result! Understand that it's not permanent, as some of those hairs are DHT-sensitive and will fall out, but let's just cross our fingers and hope that hair cloning will be accessible any year now.
                              Yeah I'm aware some of them might be, that's why I am on Finistride everyday, I use Rogaine, and have a Lazer device and I use them religiously.

Comment

• incider
                                • Dec 2015

Not a bad start, but you've still got a lot of real estate there left to cover.

By the way, WTF is going on with your bathroom ceiling ?

Comment

Working...