+ Reply to Thread

Default Where do I start? Had transplant, no propecia

I've checked out the site, and am intrigued but also confused as to what the best regiment is for me.

I had a hair transplant about 3 years ago, and had great results. The doctor told me I had to be on propecia or else the hair behind the transplant would shed. Needless to say, the propecia completely ruined my sex drive. I cannot take propecia at all.

Fast forward to three years later, and although the transplant hair still looks good, I have lost a significant amount of hair directly behind it, and am unsure how to prevent this without propecia.

Spiro? Nizoral 1% or 2%? Should I get another transplant? What is a SPECIFIC plan I can get on.

I'm a 31 year old male, 6'0 and 220 pounds...

Thumbs up

Hi

Tricky one....

In order to effectively treat ongoing loss, you need to lower dht in your bloodstream. Currently, the only proven method is to take Propecia. You need to make a decision as to whether or not you want to try the medication again. How long did you take it for initially? bear in mind, that many of those who get sides often find they subside with time. Find a IAHRS doctor and discuss your concerns. They can then advise you on a course of action. this could include:

1. Starting on a lower daily dosage (0.5mg)
    2. Gradually introducing finasteride (every other day, etc)
    3. Discussing adjunct therapies (Prp / Acell, Laser therapy, Minoxidil).

You have options so best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin332 View Post
    Spiro?
    You have got to be kidding... If you had trouble with Finasteride, you can bet your bottom dollar that you will have trouble with Spironolactone.

If you cannot or will not take anything to control DHT, there really isn't anything else you can do except wait for Aderans, Replicel or some other biotech company to bring better solutions to the market.

Isn't spiro topical though? Not sure how that would make my sex drive worse.

BTW, thanks for all the feedback.

Aderans sounds amazing. I hope those clinical trials are working.

Isn't spiro topical though?
    I am only aware of Spironolactone in pill form. Please read the information in this link.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...pironolactone/

Aderans sounds amazing. I hope those clinical trials are working.
    Yes it is. I feel better about Replicel though. One of things that makes me feel better about Replicel is that Aderans is Bosely's parent company. So if the treatment Aderans is developing works, you can bet it will only be available through Bosley. That is not a good thing. I am guessing that the treatment Replicel is developing will be available through any IAHRS doctor - and that is a good thing. There are other things that make me feel better about Replicel as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I am only aware of Spironolactone in pill form. Please read the information in this link.

http://www.bernsteinmedical.com/medi...pironolactone/

Yes it is. I feel better about Replicel though. One of things that makes me feel better about Replicel is that Aderans is Bosely's parent company. So if the treatment Aderans is developing works, you can bet it will only be available through Bosley. That is not a good thing. I am guessing that the treatment Replicel is developing will be available through any IAHRS doctor - and that is a good thing. There are other things that make me feel better about Replicel as well.
    Yeah, that's what really gets me skeptical: that Aderans is affiliated with Bosley and I don't trust anything that Bosley is offering. What's even worse is that a lot of the general population still thinks that Bosley is a solid and ethical company, even my dermatologist thought so! If there was any justice, some government safety or regulatory branch would've come down on Bosley and put them out of business a long time ago due to their severely botched hair transplants and hair replacement systems. And then throw the higher-ups of Bosley in jail too.
    I have more confidence in Replicel, but I would've even want hair transplant doctors being the ones to administer Replicel. I am very skeptical of a lot of these surgeons since all they look to offer is hair transplants, despite the fact that they are very limited in efficacy and most people opt not to have them in the first place. If each one of these surgeons would at least attempt to explore one other potential method of hair regrowth that has nothing to do with yanking out hair from one place and relocating it to another, then maybe we would have more effective solutions for hair loss today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    I am only aware of Spironolactone in pill form.
    What about this?

http://www.************.com/hair-los...ical/index.php

Isn't this the topical form?

the missing words are hair loss talk dot com /hair-loss-treatments/spironolactone-topical/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by fab View Post
    What about this?
    Knowing what I know about Spiro, if I were a guy I would not touch Spiro in any form.