+ Reply to Thread
Page 238 of 254 FirstFirst ... 138 188 228 236 237 238 239 240 248 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 2539

Hey 79birdofprey. I'm only using essential oils when i shampoo every 2 days. The castile soap i use has peppermint, olive oil extract, coconut oil and jojoba oil and i add 5 drops of rosemary, lavender and teatree into the bottle of soap. Only started using the Castile shampoo because keto shampoo makes my hair shred like crazy with no benefits.

forgot to put i drench my scalp in ice cold water before and after shampoo'ing

Quote Originally Posted by Soonbald View Post
    have you only been dermarolling? what mm on the derma needle and how often do u dermaroll? you dont use minox or anything else?? seems like u got alot more hair wtf..
    My daily regime is:
    • Minox 2ml
    • 1 gram vita C, 1 gram MSM
    • Zinc Supplement (supplement Zinc 18mg, Vit A 10 000iu, Vit B6 20mg)

Weekly:
    • Roll for 5min with 1.5mm roller in crisscross pattern over entire scalp
    • Very painful but don’t use any numbing cream etc. I get spots of blood all over
    • I sterilise my roller thoroughly before and after
    • Occasionally I rub 100% VitC in distilled water over my head for sunspots (havent done this for over a year)
    Added: Betadine shampoo before rolling over last 3 months, wash my head under cold water, leave in for 5 min then wash out with cold water and roll.
    I have always applied minox straight after rolling and experienced no sides

Just thought I'd share, as I haven't yet seen it brought up, that even the best dermaroller (many consider Dr Roller to be the best) only have about 20 uses before they should be changed. From what I understand, the needles go blunt and blunt needles should not be used. Perhaps it's bit like shavers going blunt. If you're using a cheaper brand then check with your seller on how many uses you can get.

On a side note, I'd like to thank pretty fly for posting his progress and being open and honest about his experience on this thread. Especially in spite of some negative, unhelpful comments.

Can one of the regular contributors to this thread make a concise post about what has been learnt in this thread?
    I want to give Dermarolling a try but I do not want to be wasting my time by getting it wrong.

What is the prevailing consensus in regards to type of roller to buy and methods in which to do it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PrettyFly83 View Post
    Return to baseline? Doesn't look that way

Ive had some new regrowth on my temple which was slick for the last 8 years and some of the hairs are clearly turning terminal. Wondering if the Betadine shampoo has been responsible for this latest regrowth....?

Ive highlighted the area

Attachment 45943

So are you saying you think the regrowth is due to using the shampoo, not the dermarolling?

Hard to say, I had a jump in regrowth over the last three months and the only addition was the Betadine based shampoo. Just noting the correlation. It may have just been a synchronized growth phase and the shampoo has had no impact. The original study used Betadine to sterilize the scalp I believe but maybe someone with a bit more knowledge on the science of iodine and hairgrowth can chime in?

Hi everyone. First of all and since this is my first post on this forum - sorry for my english as it is not my native language.
    Next. Since I'm not satisfied with plain minoxidil (5%, + 4 ml of dimexid per 60 ml bottle for improved drug absorbability) effectiveness in my case, I'm thinking to try using 1.5 mm dermaroller in addition to it. But there are some questions I haven't found answers for yet. Maybe some of you can answer any of these.

1. Are there some long-term consequences of regular 1.5 mm dermaroller using? Will injures done with it count towards Hayflick limit? What terrible things could possibly happen if I'll use 1.5 mm dermaroller for ~15 years or so?
    2. Is it possible to regrow some hair with 5% minox + roller combo, then stop rolling and just maintain them with only 5% minox? Or the formula "maintain is easier then achieve" doest't work in this case? Do any of you tried this approach?
    3. In the mentioned study they applied minox 24 hours after the dermaroller using. Is it safe to apply it the same day?
    4. 192 needles vs 540 needles? What type of (1 - 1.5 mm) roller do you use?
    5. I didn't read all 200+ pages of current thread. Are there any confirmed noticable positive result of using 1 - 1.5 mm dermaroller in addition to 5% minoxidil like those in the mentioned study?

Does dermarolling and minoxidil cause more irritation?

So Doke - Do you have any personal experience with sucralfate on your own MBP you could relate?