+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

There's nothing to discuss at this point other than random conjecture. Should have at least waited until initial results were released before starting another tread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemo View Post
    There's nothing to discuss at this point other than random conjecture. Should have at least waited until initial results were released before starting another tread.
    This is true about opening a new thread but I still think there is a lot to discuss, in a civil manor of course. I was also thinking you could just use follicept as a topical medium. A lot of people do group buys for things such as RU. If you can reduce the concentration needed a lot more people could participate. They have claimed minox could be a danger but we know you can ingest 1mg of propecia fine or 0.5mg of dut. So chucking it on your head and getting better penetration could benefit? Plus if it doesn't blow your head up, imagine using smaller amounts of minox. People who got irritation before could use a lot less.

Like I said these are simple suggestion but could help a lot of people. I remember a lot of here-say when the first thread opened about follicept and a lot of people were sceptical about any new developments in any transport mediums. "We would of heard something if there was" is something I hate reading but I see it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    This is true about opening a new thread but I still think there is a lot to discuss, in a civil manor of course. I was also thinking you could just use follicept as a topical medium. A lot of people do group buys for things such as RU. If you can reduce the concentration needed a lot more people could participate. They have claimed minox could be a danger but we know you can ingest 1mg of propecia fine or 0.5mg of dut. So chucking it on your head and getting better penetration could benefit? Plus if it doesn't blow your head up, imagine using smaller amounts of minox. People who got irritation before could use a lot less.

Like I said these are simple suggestion but could help a lot of people. I remember a lot of here-say when the first thread opened about follicept and a lot of people were sceptical about any new developments in any transport mediums. "We would of heard something if there was" is something I hate reading but I see it a lot.
    You make an excellent point about the potential of their delivery technology. I was reading about their insulin patches. Someone who uses 140 units of Insulin per week can get the SAME EXACT THERAPEUTIC BENEFIT with their elivery technology by using just SIX units of Insulin per week. I mean WOW, better for the liver, better for our bodies, LESS BODY WASTE! wow. wow. Up until recently, for transdermal delivery, it was "the Rule of 500" which is that anything large than 500 daltons cannot be pushed through the skin because the skin is too effective of an barrier. Want to know how good their delivery system is? They sent a compound of around 22,500 daltons through the skin. And they don't even KNOW the upper limit of size that can be used with their technology. Let that marinate for a second.

Even if Follicept doesn't pan out, these guys have gold in their hands, and they are right not to sell everything off right away. Cos that thing is going to take them to new heights. I would do exactly what they do, which is to talk with certain pharma companies who are interested, but be in control of this precious technology. The more power they have over their own stuff, the more of an impact they can make all over the world. (Vitamin patches for SubSaharan African, CERVICAL DISPLASIA in tropical regions, the list goes on and on and on.)

In a sense, I am extremely glad that they are trying IGF-1 over minox with their platform delivery technology.

1. Pulse therapy, (after stopping it, hair keeps growing for a significant time period) which Rogaine won't do even if you begged it, hahahaha.
    2. POTENTIAL for Follicle neogensis - Now, they are not saying this will happen 100%, and I ain't saying that either, but we know Rogaine has..well ZERO potential of it. hahahaha.
    3. It is time we directly tried something new. I am frankly sick of this Minox crap, even at a low dose. I want to see what IGF-1 can do now. RU and Minox don't have the potential that IGF-1 seems to have at this point in time. Of course the results may change that, but right now, in my eyes, potential-wise, IGF-1 is the front runner.

For follicept to REALLY REALLY win in my eyes, I think Follicle neogenesis would need to happen. I mean, for me to truly worship the product. Like I said before, my standards are at an all time high.

If this works very well, I think a lot of us won't even need minox/RU. I personally can't wait to chuck Minox out of the window. I really hope Follicept works very well. I want the most simple yet effective regimen that will get my hair back. None of these multi ingredient ****tails.

I saw that someone in another foum said, "Without a comparison versus a proper control, they've no way to conclusively tell if their treatment is working at anything other than an eye popping way. Which, as we know, is nearly impossible to do. Nothing has come close to propecia and minoxidil."

LOL! I am SO GLAD that they want eye-popping results. In fact, I am glad that they won't even know if the treatment is working UNLESS it is eye popping. If it is nearly impossible to come close to propecia and minoxidil, GOOD. I would rather have something eye-popping or nothing at all. Because we already have Rogaine and Propecia to give us mediocre results. Like I said before, the next thing coming up better blow what we have out of the water. Go big or go home. This is why I disagree with the fact that Dr. Hsu is hoping for ambiguity. Follicept has said a few times, that if they really want to win the massmarket (cos a few desperate baldies' money will only go so far) they have to have incredible results and perform better than Rogaine.

I am not watching Devon, I am watching the slick bald dudes. Yup.

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    I saw that someone in another foum said, "Without a comparison versus a proper control, they've no way to conclusively tell if their treatment is working at anything other than an eye popping way. Which, as we know, is nearly impossible to do. Nothing has come close to propecia and minoxidil."

LOL! I am SO GLAD that they want eye-popping results. In fact, I am glad that they won't even know if the treatment is working UNLESS it is eye popping. If it is nearly impossible to come close to propecia and minoxidil, GOOD. I would rather have something eye-popping or nothing at all. Because we already have Rogaine and Propecia to give us mediocre results. Like I said before, the next thing coming up better blow what we have out of the water. Go big or go home. This is why I disagree with the fact that Dr. Hsu is hoping for ambiguity. Follicept has said a few times, that if they really want to win the massmarket (cos a few desperate baldies' money will only go so far) they have to have incredible results and perform better than Rogaine.

I am not watching Devon, I am watching the slick bald dudes. Yup.
    Sounds more like marketing than science. Even if it did little it would be a new data point if they made proper photos.

Quote Originally Posted by dus View Post
    Sounds more like marketing than science. Even if it did little it would be a new data point if they made proper photos.
    This is a convenience trial, remember? And there are people who are drastically bald in it. So, that should speak volumes about "proper photos." lol.

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    This is a convenience trial, remember? And there are people who are drastically bald in it. So, that should speak volumes about "proper photos." lol.
    Dude we understand your point. Your hyped, fine. Stop repeating your point 300 times. Sit back and let's see if the treatments brings any proper visual results on their subjects.

How do we know that Devon does not apply minoxidil on his scalp for example?

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Dude we understand your point. Your hyped, fine. Stop repeating your point 300 times. Sit back and let's see if the treatments brings any proper visual results on their subjects.
    Nah, hyped means I am already ready to buy it. I ain't. I am waiting for results.

Quote Originally Posted by breakbot View Post
    How do we know that Devon does not apply minoxidil on his scalp for example?
    He will get minoxidil-like results, in which case, I won't be buying it.