+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    Yeah, thank you Staythick!! Awesome to see a member of this community bringing real trial results on a potential new treatment here. That's awesome! Yup, I have similar hair loss to you. It would be amazing if this formula works... it would also be amazing if it didn't but contributed a powerful new vehicle to the field.
    I have similar pattern.

Can you describe the treatment? Was it injections? Topical? Hurt? Not hurt? Did it take long?

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I have similar pattern.

Can you describe the treatment? Was it injections? Topical? Hurt? Not hurt? Did it take long?

Thanks!!!!
    Watch this video of the guy at Follicept applying this treatment:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2bQ47UvOnI

And, see this post to see StayThick's own description of the treatment:
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...l=1#post208494

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    I have similar pattern.

Thanks!!!!
    Yes, I keep all vials refrigerated even though Dr. Hsu stated it could be stored at room temperature. Ether way you store it, you have to dip it in above warm temperature water to thaw the gel so it becomes clear.

Once the vial has thawed and is in its gel state (clear vs white hard) you can then apply. It does not hurt in the least and literally feels like gel you would buy at the store or apply now. It takes some time to dry, but when it does it dries almost like normal clear hair gel. Takes me a few minutes to apply because I know I only have 12 and want to make sure I get all areas very good. However, if this makes it to market it would take the same amount of time to apply as Rogaine I presume or any other topical that's similar.

For guys like me and those that state you have similar hair loss patterns, this would strictly be a PM application because it makes your hair look greasy and sticky and amplifies your thinning spots where it is applied.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for participating in this trial and making this thread. I will be following it closely.

Godspeed, young StayThick!

I will also be watching this thread. As I have stated earlier, I am doubtful but hopeful.

Sorry Staythick, to clarify you have continued with the trial? have you had any more negative reactions at all?

many thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by potato1987 View Post
    Sorry Staythick, to clarify you have continued with the trial? have you had any more negative reactions at all?

many thanks,
    Sorry Potato, didn't see this question. Yes, I have continued with the treatment. I currently have 6 dosages left of my 12 week treatment so I'm halfway done at this point.

Outside of that single worrisome shed, I have not had any adverse effects on the other applications. I think my hair might have reacted to something in the gel at that time, but I can't say for certain or even if Follicept is really to blame. I just know I had a severe itch and a very bad and noticeable shed a few hours removed from that 2nd dose.

I'm glad I did not cease treatment because again so far nothing negative to report which is always good I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Sorry Potato, didn't see this question. Yes, I have continued with the treatment. I currently have 6 dosages left of my 12 week treatment so I'm halfway done at this point.

Outside of that single worrisome shed, I have not had any adverse effects on the other applications. I think my hair might have reacted to something in the gel at that time, but I can't say for certain or even if Follicept is really to blame. I just know I had a severe itch and a very bad and noticeable shed a few hours removed from that 2nd dose.

I'm glad I did not cease treatment because again so far nothing negative to report which is always good I guess.

Unfortunately, barring an act of god, we can pretty much assume your 4 weeks of treatment will do nothing...

unless it really "kicks in" your igf-1 and results occur over the months post-treatment.... but I'd put this in the acts-of-god bucket.

Quote Originally Posted by NeedHairASAP View Post
    Unfortunately, barring an act of god, we can pretty much assume your 4 weeks of treatment will do nothing...

unless it really "kicks in" your igf-1 and results occur over the months post-treatment.... but I'd put this in the acts-of-god bucket.
    NeedHair, you almost certainly could be right, but I like to remain cautiously optimistic about this whole thing.

Most of the subjects in the trial before me have completed their treatments and based on what I have seen/read, I don't expect to see any results personally prior to my last dosage. However, maybe it can change in the month or months following, but there is no way to know for sure.

I'll be updating everyone throughout, but nothing to report currently in the form of positive or negative results.

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    NeedHair, you almost certainly could be right, but I like to remain cautiously optimistic about this whole thing.

Most of the subjects in the trial before me have completed their treatments and based on what I have seen/read, I don't expect to see any results personally prior to my last dosage. However, maybe it can change in the month or months following, but there is no way to know for sure.

I'll be updating everyone throughout, but nothing to report currently in the form of positive or negative results.
    Didn't mean to sound so negative.

1. What you're doing is worth trying

2. I, and I'm sure others, appreciate you taking the time to trial and document