+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by pika365 View Post
    I am starting finesterdie (propecia) 1mg tablets today.... do you think I'll improve a lot within 3 months?
    The information on Finasteride states that it takes 12 full months before you will know if it is able to arrest your hair loss. It will take longer before you will know if any of your lost hair will be able to grow back. At this point, you should know if your hair loss has arrested. It will be a while yet before you will be able to tell if any is growing back.

It takes about four months to start seeing results from using Regaine/Rogaine. The regrowth looks like baby hair in the begining and transforms into normal hair over time and hair cycles as long as you continue to use the medicine. This takes a long time though. Have you continued to use Regaine or did you stop?

Quote Originally Posted by KeepTheHair View Post
    Remember: Lasers are scams.
    I cannot agree with this comment.

Did you see my other thread about laser comb 6 month money back guarantee? Worth a punt I reckon. I have been using comb for 2 weeks now.
    I saw it. I use the laser comb myself and have been for over four years. During those first six months of treating my hair loss, the laser comb was all I was using. I did see improvement, so to me it is obvious that it helps. I do not know if it makes dormant follicles start growing hair or not - but it does improve the hair that you have quite a bit - including hair that has grown back from using Regaine/Rogaine. My sister, who is also suffering with FPB, purchased her own laser comb after seeing first hand how much it has improved my hair. I have since been in contact with many other women who use the laser comb and feel it is helping them as well. It takes about four months to see any improvement from using the laser comb. I would suggest using it every other day though instead of only three times per week though.

Laser comb I use 3 times a week.. Every other day

MON WED FRI SUN TUE THU SAT etc...

You are a female... I am a male. So results may vary I reckon? Any comparisons or stories from male perspective?

I have been on propecia 1mg since the start of this thread last year.. I stopped regaine (rogain) completely from the point in the thread never used it. Strictly propecia.. Why do you ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post
    The information on Finasteride states that it takes 12 full months before you will know if it is able to arrest your hair loss. It will take longer before you will know if any of your lost hair will be able to grow back. At this point, you should know if your hair loss has arrested. It will be a while yet before you will be able to tell if any is growing back.

It takes about four months to start seeing results from using Regaine/Rogaine. The regrowth looks like baby hair in the begining and transforms into normal hair over time and hair cycles as long as you continue to use the medicine. This takes a long time though. Have you continued to use Regaine or did you stop?

I cannot agree with this comment.

I saw it. I use the laser comb myself and have been for over four years. During those first six months of treating my hair loss, the laser comb was all I was using. I did see improvement, so to me it is obvious that it helps. I do not know if it makes dormant follicles start growing hair or not - but it does improve the hair that you have quite a bit - including hair that has grown back from using Regaine/Rogaine. My sister, who is also suffering with FPB, purchased her own laser comb after seeing first hand how much it has improved my hair. I have since been in contact with many other women who use the laser comb and feel it is helping them as well. It takes about four months to see any improvement from using the laser comb. I would suggest using it every other day though instead of only three times per week though.

Strictly propecia.. Why do you ask?
    Hi pika365,

I asked because I wasn't sure if you had stopped using Regaine or not. I do think it would help you. Especially now that you can be reasonably sure you have slowed or arrested your hair loss. If you do decide to start using it again, use the foam and taper up to the full twice daily dose over time. You might also want to think about using Nizoral shampoo once a week.

I am beginning to believe that maybe females respond better to treatment with the laser comb than males do. I do not have the means to make that determination though. I know there are some guys on here who use the laser comb. Maybe they will eventually see this thread and post a comment.

Take care,

Tracy

Oh ok thanks.... brilliant and in-depth advice there. If I do the regaine it will have to be once at night.. no more due to work etc.. greasy stuff!

Anyway do you think I will see accelerated growth when on propecia and regaine? How long for results?

I use alpecin shampoo on a daily basis.. good quality stuff that

Hi pika365,

I asked because I wasn't sure if you had stopped using Regaine or not. I do think it would help you. Especially now that you can be reasonably sure you have slowed or arrested your hair loss. If you do decide to start using it again, use the foam and taper up to the full twice daily dose over time. You might also want to think about using Nizoral shampoo once a week.

I am beginning to believe that maybe females respond better to treatment with the laser comb than males do. I do not have the means to make that determination though. I know there are some guys on here who use the laser comb. Maybe they will eventually see this thread and post a comment.

Take care,

Tracy

If I do the regaine it will have to be once at night.. no more due to work etc.. greasy stuff!
    The foam is not greasy at all. It dries quickly, it's easier to use and no one can tell you have it on your scalp. I use the foam myself in the mornings and save the liquid for my evening dose.

Anyway do you think I will see accelerated growth when on propecia and regaine? How long for results?
    I think you are more likely to see regrowth with both Propecia and Regaine. Propecia only "allows" hair follicles that can still grow hair to grow hair. Regaine "stimulates" follicles that can still grow hair to start growing hair again. It takes about four months before you start seeing regrowth. The regrowth looks like baby hair at first. Then over time and hair cycles the regrown hair transforms into normal hair - as long as you keep using the medicine. This takes a pretty long time but using your laser comb will help.

I use alpecin shampoo on a daily basis.. good quality stuff that
    Alpecin does nothing to treat hereditary hair loss. The active ingredient in Nizoral is Ketoconazole. Ketoconazole is one of the meds listed as being helpful in treating hereditary hair loss.

The foam is not greasy at all. It dries quickly, it's easier to use and no one can tell you have it on your scalp.
    Tracy I'm so surprised how easy it is to use the foam! I'd heard negative stuff about it being difficult to apply and greasy, but it's absolutely easy compared to the liquid!

I just squirt it in the areas I need and rub it in. Within 5 minutes it's dry and no one can detect. I still use the liquid, but only at night or when I have time, just to keep the costs down since foam is more expensive.