+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    Some people respond some don't just like propecia and minoxdill I have had the most amazing results with hair again 5 percebt minxodill amazing regrowth
    And yet you're still here...

No disrespect but I see you and doke grasping at straws and forking over your money for any snake oil all the time, please use your head, you're paying the people who are taking advantage of our community

at first glance it appears that OMG (overmachogrande) is the no bullshit, home grown supplier of LLLT. You don't have to worry about constantly running a comb through your hair; you cover your whole head at the same time so treatment duration is less; he's got the diffused, proper wave-length lasers, he doesn't charge $3000 for something that costs a fraction of that to make, including R&D.

What I don't get is the lack of recent reviews (only things out on web are from 2012 or earlier) and/or non-company/proprietor driven website commentary. Don't want to part with $1200+ without some verification from a source not directly involved with the company.

There is plenty of seemingly independent confirmed results to support the use of LLLT. And of the products out there (capillus, theradome, igrow, combs) it appears that laser messiah is the best shot. Curious if anyone has actually purchased one and if it's worth me taking a chance on it.

LLT does work, but make sure u are using propecia and rogaine along with laser for the best results . I had Norwood 3 hair loss i am back at 1 and my hair is thicker then ever. Propecia is the best med. Available . I also take vitamins and lysine,

Default been using laser helmet for a year now

If you're not interested in reading my lengthy post I'll summarize: 12 months use of the laser helmet is, in fact, doing something to my scalp/hair. I don't believe I've lost any hair since I started but I hadn't been losing hair for 3 years prior anyway. At this point I don't believe that lasers can regrow hair but I theorize that they may slow or prevent hair loss.

In October of 2017 I purchased overmachogrande's laser helmet without the laser diodes. I purchased those separately with the power supply and finished it myself. I began using the helmet with 180 lasers in November of 2017. I used it every-other-day for between 20 and 40 minutes at a time. I am 42 years old and could be considered norwood 2 and have been that way for 4 years. It's important to note that I decided to start using the laser helmet well before I would be considered to be balding. I do nothing else to prevent hair loss as several years ago I used saw palmetto for 8 months to treat an enlarged prostate and the side effects of that were serious and something I don't want to repeat with a similar product like Propecia or whatever. Overmachogrande suggests washing your hair prior to any laser therapy session but I don’t do that. I have long hair and I’ve never washed it more than once a week. As I don’t have really noticeable balding, I’m mostly concerned with the receding I’ve had on my widow’s peak areas and the 180 lasers are focused on that area mostly. I don’t know how well the lasers penetrate hair but I do feel it’s effects on bare skin more than where my hair is thick. In detail are my following observations after having used lasers as per overmachogrande’s recommendations:

1. Laser sessions ARE doing something to my scalp. About 5 minutes into a session I get a low-grade headache. By around 20 to 40 minutes in, I’m experiencing enough discomfort that I’m ready to end for the day and that’s how I decide on my use time. The first time I used the helmet, I had mild pain, like that of a sunburn for about 3 days after. I also had some ‘draining’ of fluid from my scalp into my eyes and sinuses. I don’t know that this physical effect is really doing anything to prevent or reverse hair loss but I can confirm that the lasers do cause an effect on tissues.

2. Using the laser helmet has improved the quality of my hair. After even the first use last year, I immediately noticed that my hair was standing much more rigid and had more spring to it. Prior to this my hair had been becoming limp and was laying down on my scalp much more. The lasers seemed to perk the hairs up in a way it used to be years ago. After a year’s use I feel like the hairs themselves continue to stand more erect and they just look healthier.

3. When I first started with the laser helmet I took close-up pictures of my hairline so that I could compare it with future pictures. I see absolutely no difference between then and now. Trying to photograph a hairline and judge increased growth or fullness is pretty much impossible as hair looks different depending on if it’s wet, how it’s laying, how oily it is, etc. I think the only use pictures have is to show dramatic changes. After a year in, I can report with reasonable certainty that I haven’t noticeably lost any hair. Of course it should be said that hair loss isn’t linear or predictable so it’s entirely possible that had I never used lasers, my hair quantity would be exactly what it is now. One advantage of having long hair is that I can easily see all of the little hairs that are coming in replacing ones that have fallen out. Remember, however, even someone who is not balding is losing over a hundred hairs a day, most of which are being replaced so the new little hairs I see coming in aren’t necessarily the result of the lasers.

It’s impossible, with any product, to regrow hairs that have been dead or dormant for over a year or so. In my case, the hairs that I’m sure were lost when I first started noticing, have been dead for some time and the laser helmet couldn’t do anything for that. I do believe that with the increased blood-flow or tissue activity that the lasers promote, it’s plausible that existing hairs can be preserved. I think for someone who has really aggressive hair loss, nothing including lasers or drugs can meaningfully arrest or reverse balding.

It’s only been a year since I started using the laser helmet and I’ll keep posting yearly with results. It’s no trouble at all to use the helmet and I’ve had no problem keeping to task. If you have time to watch TV or use the internet every day, then you have time to wear a laser helmet. Of course if you have time to watch TV you should also be riding a stationary bike while doing so. All told, the helmet cost me about $800. Although I don’t feel like I got any dramatic results or anything that can be considered definitive at this point, the cost was totally worth it and I don’t think about the money at all. At the very least I can say that I tried if/when my hair starts falling out in earnest. I just don’t think the side effects of drugs are worth it so I’ll stick with the helmet exclusively. I’ve had no real interaction with him but I believe overmachogrande is legit and not just peddling lies or exaggerations to sell a product. He really isn’t making much money on his helmets or kits and the fact that he posts his helmet plans openly and freely speaks volumes to that. The only way he could really be making good money on the helmets is if he owned the company that makes the lasers but I checked it out and I don’t think that’s possible.
    Please take my experience only lightly and understand that everyone is in a totally different situation with their hair loss. Understand too that I started laser therapy well before I have any real pronounced balding. The best news for all of us is that at the end of the day, no one really cares if we go bald – except us.

Brett from Wisconsin