+ Reply to Thread

Default propecia 1mg/5mg or avodart 0.5 mg?

Hi I would like to ask which one of these 3 shall I buy? I am currently 17 and I am not suffering from any significant hair loss however both my brothers and also my father have some of their hair receding at the temples (they are not completely bald though - however it is still quite visible) also a few of my uncles are bald (only my father's however) and I have recently been able to notice that my hair is too receding at the temples. I would like to stop this and get a straight hairline again (which I used to have 2 years ago I think). My hair loss is not that significant yet, my hair has receded 2 cm (3cm max) at the temples but I think it is a bit early to experience any form of hair loss at my age therefore I am quite unsettled by this and since I am not any kind of a rich guy I would like to ask you for some advice regarding what products of these 3 shall I buy. Propecia 5 mg would be the cheapest one but I am quite concerned over the fact that if you split that tablet you might not get 1mg in each of the five parts. Are any of you guys actually taking propecia by this way? As for Avodart, according to some graphs and studies avodart 0.5mg seems to be more effective than propecia (both 5 and also 1mg) - but is also the most expensive option(altough not really that expensive I could afford it). So I was thinking of buying propecia 5mg since it would be the cheapest option however I would go down the "unsafest route" I guess So I would like to ask - which one of those mentioned above would you recommend to me? thanks for help

you can get a 3 MONTH supply of generic fin 1 mg for $24 dollars are your local costco. thats very affordable. go with that option if cost is an issue.

Could you please link that website to me? Coz I haven't found it

dude, its Costco. google that shit, or call the pharmacy when they are open and ask for generic fin and the price. you cant buy it online, u need a script from your doctor

Quote Originally Posted by Petes View Post
    Could you please link that website to me? Coz I haven't found it

Hi Petes,
    Right decision. The sooner you start the treatment, the easier it will be to maintain your hair.
    I would not recommend you to start with Avodart, as it is more strong than Fin (Propecia) and as you've mentioned, your hair loss is not as significant.
    You can start with lower dose of finasteride (I think 1.25 mg can be high dosage for you). 1mg or even 0.5 mg will be good, however it is just my opinion and the right dosage should be agreed with a doctor.

As warner8 said, generic finasteride costs less than its brand version. I order it at Selectmeds. net. Their prices depend on the quantity of pills you buy. The more you buy, the less you pay + you can get bonus pills.

Do they also ship to Europe? And I guess I would have a bit of a problem with getting that script which warner8 metioned. Now let me explain. Our country doesn't belong to that group of prosperous or generally rich I would say. People in here (especially where I live) still behave in quite an old-fashioned way. To give you an example I would bet my hat that if you asked any men in our village what propecia is they wouldn't know the answer - some of them (especially the younger ones) might know it though. However, literally no men in here actually research something about hair loss (it seems to me that they don't even care like seriously wtf) - it is still not common to visit a doctor and say - hey I have a problem with my hair - it is thinning - they would stare at you and probably think is this guy even sane? It is still a topic which most people would shun discussing. Also my doctor is very very weird and I don't think that he would approve of this treatment plus he would also think I am a bit freaky(seriously this is no joke whatsoever it's just like that in here) - hence my decision. Also I think that nowadays you can research everything on the Internet and perhaps become more versed in it than your doctor (mine has 70years - so I think he doesn't keep up to date with the cutting-edge treatments and stuff like that) and it once just happened that I was able to diagnose myself with otitis media - and he told me that it is just a cold (however when I visited our otorinolaryngologist she confirmed that I indeed had otitis media - that pretty much illustrates how good doctors are in our country so I think that even if he consented to it he wouldn't be able to tell me more than I have already researched about this topic). Guess you get the point. So I was wondering whether buying generic propecia 5mg and then splitting it into 5 parts would also work (it would save a lot of money - that is why I'm asking) - or you wouldn't take the risk and buy 1mg? And yeah I happen to know about the face that the more you buy the cheaper it gets - I want to buy 360 or at least 240 pills to save money. I hope that I have explained well my situation in our country so that you understand why I don't want to visit my doctor concerning the topic of hair loss. So to finally get to the point - god I digressed so much from the subject D - What shall I buy? Is it safe to split a 5mg tablet into 5 parts? Since dutasteride is stronger should I buy that one or is it too strong for me? Thanks for advice.
    Edit : RanDave thanks for that website
    Last edited by Petes; 05-11-2015 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Randave

Quote Originally Posted by Petes View Post
    Do they also ship to Europe? And I guess I would have a bit of a problem with getting that script which warner8 metioned. Now let me explain. Our country doesn't belong to that group of prosperous or generally rich I would say. People in here (especially where I live) still behave in quite an old-fashioned way. To give you an example I would bet my hat that if you asked any men in our village what propecia is they wouldn't know the answer - some of them (especially the younger ones) might know it though. However, literally no men in here actually research something about hair loss (it seems to me that they don't even care like seriously wtf) - it is still not common to visit a doctor and say - hey I have a problem with my hair - it is thinning - they would stare at you and probably think is this guy even sane? It is still a topic which most people would shun discussing. Also my doctor is very very weird and I don't think that he would approve of this treatment plus he would also think I am a bit freaky(seriously this is no joke whatsoever it's just like that in here) - hence my decision. Also I think that nowadays you can research everything on the Internet and perhaps become more versed in it than your doctor (mine has 70years - so I think he doesn't keep up to date with the cutting-edge treatments and stuff like that) and it once just happened that I was able to diagnose myself with otitis media - and he told me that it is just a cold (however when I visited our otorinolaryngologist she confirmed that I indeed had otitis media - that pretty much illustrates how good doctors are in our country so I think that even if he consented to it he wouldn't be able to tell me more than I have already researched about this topic). Guess you get the point. So I was wondering whether buying generic propecia 5mg and then splitting it into 5 parts would also work (it would save a lot of money - that is why I'm asking) - or you wouldn't take the risk and buy 1mg? And yeah I happen to know about the face that the more you buy the cheaper it gets - I want to buy 360 or at least 240 pills to save money. I hope that I have explained well my situation in our country so that you understand why I don't want to visit my doctor concerning the topic of hair loss. So to finally get to the point - god I digressed so much from the subject D - What shall I buy? Is it safe to split a 5mg tablet into 5 parts? Since dutasteride is stronger should I buy that one or is it too strong for me? Thanks for advice.
    Edit : RanDave thanks for that website
    You are welcome, Petes! I'm glad to help.

As about the shipment, I think it is better to contact their support team directly. I've seen European countries in the drop down menu when I choose the country, but you know, it is better to ask and be sure.

What to buy: 1mg or 5 mg pills? Many men do practise to buy 5 mg pills (Generic Proscar) and to split the pill. It is hard to split such a small pill in 5, that is why it is often splitted in 4. Don't worry, 1.25 mg is safe.

Dut is stronger, but it is always recommended to start with fin. By the way, Dut is expensive.
    Hope it helps.