+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Dr. Wong/3361 Grafts/One Session/6 Months

This patient recently came in to show us his six month result. Dr. Wong and his team transplanted 3361 grafts in one procedure. The goal was to create a new hairline and to give density and coverage for the frontal zone only. The patient's hair lends itself well to giving excellent coverage due to the low contrast compared to the color of the scalp. If you notice, there is a slightly "wirey" texture to the hair. Because he is only six months this is a typical early stage issue but the hair will soften and become healthier looking as the months go by.

www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

To view my story and history visit my website at www.hairtransplantmentor.com

That's a very notable difference for being only 6 months out, but I would definitely come back for another procedure to add more density I were this guy.

I appreciate your opinion but at this stage the patient is 100% happy and has no wish for anything more. When I told him that his hair is going to continue to improve for another six months minimum he didn't believe me and then told me that there is no need for it to improve because he's ecstatic where it is now.
    www.HassonandWong.com

All opinions are my own and may not necessarily be shared by Dr. Wong and/or Dr. Hasson.

If you are interested in having an online consultation visit www.hassonandwong.ca

HD video is now available for this patient...

www.HassonandWong.com

Joe great results very natural.
    If you don't mind me asking how old was the patient.
    I'm 58 and have similar hair characteristics to the after pics.
    If he were to get a second procedure to thicken up the vertex/crown area
    what would be the recommendation.

Mlao,

Thank you for commenting. I believe he is 59 years old. If we were to thicken the crown region I'd wager that about 1500 grafts would make for an outstanding result but even less could probably do the trick.
    www.HassonandWong.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jotronic View Post
    I appreciate your opinion but at this stage the patient is 100% happy and has no wish for anything more. When I told him that his hair is going to continue to improve for another six months minimum he didn't believe me and then told me that there is no need for it to improve because he's ecstatic where it is now.
    Hmm, I don't understand how this guy wouldn't welcome further improvement to his hair when you can currently see right through it to the scalp, but to each his own.

I wasn't taking a subtle jab at your doctor's work or anything with my original comment, there's only so much a surgeon can do with so many grafts and I think this was a very good improvement for 3361 grafts given how large of an area he had prior to surgery with his hair almost gone.

No subtle jab was perceived but with your latest comment I'm wondering if we're talking about the same guy I can't see "right through it to the scalp" so I'm wondering where you can. Please elaborate.
    www.HassonandWong.com

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mlao View Post
    Joe great results very natural.
    If you don't mind me asking how old was the patient.
    I'm 58 and have similar hair characteristics to the after pics.
    If he were to get a second procedure to thicken up the vertex/crown area
    what would be the recommendation.
    Thanks Joe, that's encouraging.

Since the patient is only six months out I'm guessing there would be more
    thickening to come. I hope you will post his one year results.