+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: S-equol again

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz1 View Post
    I asked her before, she's always up for making anything so if that's legit legal than no problem. Who interested in trying it?
    We all want to make a topical but the pills have fillers, I need to know the dosage now we have a chemist that can formulate a topical

Quote Originally Posted by thechamp View Post
    We all want to make a topical but the pills have fillers, I need to know the dosage now we have a chemist that can formulate a topical
    The machines she has filters out the fillers as when she first formulated the lotions due to high demand she run out of chemical finesteride. I asked if using the pills were bad and she stated the machines she has filter out every filler.

If you can create a thread and everyone is serious get me names/numbers on who's interested? That way I can contact her with rough numbers and help reduce prices for more orders.

I can't somehow get on proequol.com. Is this up? Or are they out of business? I would like to purchase some if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris007 View Post
    I can't somehow get on proequol.com. Is this up? Or are they out of business? I would like to purchase some if possible.
    They've been out of business for awhile. Equol is one of those things where if you are naturally an equol producer, taking soy can increase equol production but with non equol producers, this does nothing. Only about 30% of the US population is equol producers and in other words, you need to take pure equol and not a precursor, as this only works for equol producers.

Is this product available? The website seems not to be active.

Junior Member Pray The Bald Away's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PinotQ View Post
    Not that it's my responsibility but I did suggest a process in a post on 10/31 where I said that I looked up all of the filler ingredients in Nature's Sunshine and none of them are soluble in alcohol. I'm not a chemist but that would lead me to believe that if you dissolve the powder in ethyl alcohol, you would be left with filler at the bottom and a solution that contains a certain % of equol. Also, I believe my % solution calculations were wrong in that post. According to the % solution calculator here: http://www.physiologyweb.com/calcula...alculator.html you would need to dissolve 443.6025 mg of equol in 1 oz of alcohol to obtain a 1.5% alcohol solution of equol. That's about 1 and 1/4 bottles of equol.
    Anymore news on a topical form of S-Equol. It seems everyone just gave up...

Where do you buy pure equol? A lot of this stuff is just too expensive or has no mainstream suppliers which just shoots it dead. Only the hardcore dedicated will chase these uncertain options to the ends of the world.
    Its still hard to believe taking this assuming it worked would not give any sides or something unlike finasteride. Can it work topically or orally?

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Where do you buy pure equol? A lot of this stuff is just too expensive or has no mainstream suppliers which just shoots it dead. Only the hardcore dedicated will chase these uncertain options to the ends of the world.
    Its still hard to believe taking this assuming it worked would not give any sides or something unlike finasteride. Can it work topically or orally?
    Topically in a cationic liposomal delivery method would be ideal. Oral administration requires MUCH HIGHER doses for effectiveness. The main issue is the lack of a credible and affordable source.

I bought the Nature's Sunshine equol pills and dissolved them in ethanol, letting the fillers settle to the bottom. I applied about 5 mg per day and after about a week I've been getting a massive shed. Lots of white bulbs on the ends of the shed hairs (not sure what that means). What could be the reason for this negative effect? I feel like it's too early for it to be a positive shed.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelsBad View Post
    I bought the Nature's Sunshine equol pills and dissolved them in ethanol, letting the fillers settle to the bottom. I applied about 5 mg per day and after about a week I've been getting a massive shed. Lots of white bulbs on the ends of the shed hairs (not sure what that means). What could be the reason for this negative effect? I feel like it's too early for it to be a positive shed.
    5mg may be a bit too much. I would try around 1 or 2mg for the topical if it's penetrating correctly.