Never let your career slip - Page 6 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    Maybe you're right.
    But I still think that he would definitely use an effective cure, if there was one. As we all would.
    So, accepting baldness just because you have no choice is denial to me.

I accepted it because i had no choice but that dont mean im in denial...i could of easily took some pills or whatever to keep the hair i had but i didnt...so no im not in denial weirdly enough i cant see my head with hair now (others have said this to)...i have accepted it cause i was fed up of moaning and feeling down etc...ever since then i have had weight lifted of my shoulders and felt alot better "free" if you will.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    I accepted it because i had no choice but that dont mean im in denial...i could of easily took some pills or whatever to keep the hair i had but i didnt...so no im not in denial weirdly enough i cant see my head with hair now (others have said this to)...i have accepted it cause i was fed up of moaning and feeling down etc...ever since then i have had weight lifted of my shoulders and felt alot better "free" if you will.
    I understand what you are saying, and honestly I will try to accept it myself, if there will be no better cures in, say, 10 years.

When we talk about pills here we are not talking about propecia - we are talking about an hypothetical single pill which could completely reverse baldness, and which any hair loss sufferer would take easily and cheaply.

Still, I strongly feel that this kind of "embracing baldness" is always hampering the social perception of baldness and hairloss in general. We can agree it is not a disease in scientific terms, but if everybody was reasoning like this, no research on it would ever get done. If your fear is to be mocked, do not worry at all. Only insensitive people will mock you for feeling worried about a problem science can not solve yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moore View Post
    I understand what you are saying, and honestly I will try to accept it myself, if there will be no better cures in, say, 10 years.

When we talk about pills here we are not talking about propecia - we are talking about an hypothetical single pill which could completely reverse baldness, and which any hair loss sufferer would take easily and cheaply.

Still, I strongly feel that this kind of "embracing baldness" is always hampering the social perception of baldness and hairloss in general. We can agree it is not a disease in scientific terms, but if everybody was reasoning like this, no research on it would ever get done. If your fear is to be mocked, do not worry at all. Only insensitive people will mock you for feeling worried about a problem science can not solve yet.

That was my fear when i started losing my hair back when i was 16 i never really cared weirdly enough about going bald i mean sure i didnt want a horseshoe but i could shave that...i didnt care cause my dad has been balding long before i was even born i have an uncle what is bald who i saw growing up and i liked bald people on tele growing up etc so never hated or thought the look was weird etc...it was just the fear of others i was already picked on for years and really didnt want them to have more things for them to pick on me with (noone out side of banter with friends and family have said anything yet though)...thankfully at 18 i grew balls and never looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by DannyBoyy7 View Post
    That was my fear when i started losing my hair back when i was 16 i never really cared weirdly enough about going bald i mean sure i didnt want a horseshoe but i could shave that...i didnt care cause my dad has been balding long before i was even born i have an uncle what is bald who i saw growing up and i liked bald people on tele growing up etc so never hated or thought the look was weird etc...it was just the fear of others i was already picked on for years and really didnt want them to have more things for them to pick on me with (noone out side of banter with friends and family have said anything yet though)...thankfully at 18 i grew balls and never looked back since.
    Completely sane and normal post. I'm on no medication and will probs be Norwood 7 by the time Im 30. Does it bother me? I won't lie and say no, but I'm yet to have problems that will hamper me in terms of career, women or success due to hair.

Be careful on a summers day, I almost caused a car crash after waxing my dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Completely sane and normal post. I'm on no medication and will probs be Norwood 7 by the time Im 30. Does it bother me? I won't lie and say no, but I'm yet to have problems that will hamper me in terms of career, women or success due to hair.

Be careful on a summers day, I almost caused a car crash after waxing my dome.

I probably be NW7 by the time im 24 lol sometimes you just gotta laugh at these sort of things (looks like you already started so good on you)...nothing worse then worrying as we all know.

I think in some cases with more women in positions of power a mans looks can make a difference. It also depends if your job is people facing, if you just code on computers all day I'm not sure how much it matters.