Closed Thread
Page 20 of 187 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Hey follicept, I'm curious... earlier in this thread somewhere I read you were working on the dosing to prevent side effects of IGF-1... what would the side effects of having too much of this growth factor be?

btw I don't believe its a scam anymore... as you guys are being upfront ie... not even knowing if this works yet. So good luck and hope you get results! Anything better than minox without side effects would be a success imo.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    A success story for capsaicin with minoxidil from another board:
    He also started taking dutasteride. That's probably what made the big difference.

Quote Originally Posted by sdsurfin View Post
    He also started taking dutasteride. That's probably what made the big difference.
    He took finasteride for five years prior, and dutasteride for six months before starting capsaicin. I doubt it just started working all of a sudden after all that time.

Quote Originally Posted by willy View Post
    Hey follicept, I'm curious... earlier in this thread somewhere I read you were working on the dosing to prevent side effects of IGF-1... what would the side effects of having too much of this growth factor be?

btw I don't believe its a scam anymore... as you guys are being upfront ie... not even knowing if this works yet. So good luck and hope you get results! Anything better than minox without side effects would be a success imo.
    Thanks! Had I known we'd get such a swift response, I would have waited a bit longer to start spreading the word! IGF-1 can be quite dangerous at elevated levels. Hence, we were surprised to see effects at such low concentrations. We are working in the 1-10ppm range, while minoxidil 5% is 50,000 ppm (though very different pathways, so not completely comparable). At those levels, we shouldn't get any systemic circulation, and if we do, it will be extremely dilute in a 5L blood volume, under normal levels.

Some positive reviews here! Looking good!

Here's the thing, I'm 37 and the male pattern baldness started kicking in about 12 years ago. I have been using rogaine(tm) for 4-5 years steady, and it just slows the progress IMO. I am seeing new hair growth after two weeks of IGF-1 R3. This is not my imagination, small fine hairs where my hairline has receeded are coming back. Anyway, thought others might like to know.

Well this stuff is regrowing it and it is growing faster and thinker, and the hair that feel out it is comming back. It is vary apparent, casue people are asking me why my hair is getting thicker and thicker. I just tell them its the IGF and that is the only way, my friends also say I look bigger and taller and I guess I do feel taller, so I am just going to believe it and mabey measure after a year of this stuff. I was 5'10 before I started.
    @follicept already decided what source? E.coli?

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    Follicept, loving the way you guys are approaching this and I'm 100% on board with any trials you guys can rustle up in the next few months. You come across as a solid guy and the whole project seems transparent, moral, and scientific.

A big thumbs up to you Gators from a Bulldawg in Athens, GA.
    Thanks, that really means a lot to us! Especially from a Dawg! That is the whole goal. We're a science company who stumbled across a "cosmetic" product, but are still approaching it with the normal rigor.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Some positive reviews here! Looking good!

@follicept already decided what source? E.coli?
    Still looking into that- pretty small supply chain, as it's used for relatively few things and small patient populations. Getting some in next week for testing, may or may not be the final source. Will keep you guys informed as we learn more/get closer.

Follicept, regarding the early batch you Alluded to for us, are we talking this month? Or what

Quote Originally Posted by EXprettyboy View Post
    Follicept, regarding the early batch you Alluded to for us, are we talking this month? Or what
    Probably not. We've been on the scene for like a week, give us a little time haha. A month would put us in the "miracle" category, and we know how this forum feels about that! Gotta do our in-house trials first, which will probably take a month. I really don't have a timeline for you, other than to say that A) it will be as soon as we possibly can and B) we will have a much more definitive timeline in the next 3-4 weeks, tops and C) that we will try for something in spring-ish in advance of a full public launch in fall. Don't hold me to any of that, just ballparking. We are a lean staff with a huge task and some complex supply chain issues. Rest assured that we want to get it to you asap.

Pls answer this :-
    Will it act like an ANTI-ANDROGEN as well as an ANDROGEN RECEPTOR ANTAGONIST by blocking testosterone from getting into the hair follicles thereby no more Dihydrotestosterone is produced anymore In the dermal pappilae???

Offtopic:- At first i was REALLY doubtful but your quick informative replies are very helpful. Do you guys, deliver to India too??

Also will it help to GROW A BEARD???
    I mean in the facial hair follicles, when DHT is produced it causes IGF-1 to form. So by this science.we CAN grow a beard by directly sending IGF-1 to the facial hair follicles??
    Last edited by paulie72785; 02-28-2015 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Some grammar and Beard related questions