+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Rosemary Oil vs Minoxidil 2% for the treatment of AGA.

The study was published in SkinMed and shows that Rosemary oil is just as effective as 2% minoxidil.

To view the entire article with pictures goto: https://issuu.com/pulsemarketing/doc...97957/11628274 and click through the pages until you get to page 13.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Snip20160730_5.jpg

Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	47978   Click image for larger version

Name:	Snip20160730_4.jpg

Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	47979  

Good article, thanks for sharing. I'd certainly try Rosemary Oil before Minox.

Anyone have experience with this and can share good oils to buy? How did you apply them?

Thanks BirdofPrey, have a look at iherb, you can buy jojoba oil and rosemary oil pretty cheaply. I've been mixing it with pumpkin seed oil but that's a little harder to get (and a slightly darker color). I mix 2 drops of rosemary oil for every ml of the carrier oil. Not sure if that's a good ratio, it wasn't exactly clear to me in the article how much rosemary oil to use but hopefully there's enough there.

@ rakewell

Thank you for sharing. So, you use Jojoba oil as a carrier oil, right ? Do you think we can mix all sorts of oils ? Personnaly I use castor oil, which I think is good (the hair look better too), it as ben proven to increase PGE2. By putting it on my eyelashes I saw them grow. And i add 2-4 drops of rosemary essential oil in it + 2 drops of cedra essential oil + maca vital. I dont really do proportions, but I think with a carrier oil or something the castor oil coulb be better absorbed and effective.

I also wanted to share with you this OOOoooold study about evening primrose oil + fish oil.

"In a test of the effectiveness of the invention, four middle-aged males with rapidly progressing baldness were treated orally with either 6g of evening primrose oil or 6g of a mixture of evening primrose oil and concentrated fish oil (20%) per day. The primrose oil provided approximately 90mg of 18:3n-6 (gamma-linolenic acid, GLA) per gram and the fish oil 180mg of 20:5n-3 (eicosapentaenoic acid, EPA) and 120mg of docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) per gram. After delays of 4 to 8 weeks, all four individuals reported unequivocal hair growth, with extension of hair growth to previously bald areas of the scalp, and a strengthening of growth in those areas where hair was present but thinning. Topical application of the unsaturated fatty acids provides better results by increasing the concentration of the fatty acid at the hair follicle level.
    [0020]
    In further tests, one male applied pure evening primrose oil twice per day to half the beard area. After about two weeks, the rate of beard growth on the side of the face to which the oil had been applied was definitely less than on the other side. Similarly, one female shaved both legs and then applied evening primrose oil twice daily to one leg only. After a period of 6-8 weeks it could be seen that the rate of hair growth was substantially less on the leg to which the oil had been applied.
    [0021]
    These preliminary tests indicate that both oral and topical application of unsaturated fatty acids is able to modulate the actions of androgens on the hair follicles, stimulating hair growth on the scalp and reducing it on other areas of the body."

https://www.google.com/patents/EP0309086A1?cl=en

I always thought that castor oil was used for lubricating car engines...

Can someone start suggesting some brands/where to buy? I'd like to put a concoction together using rosemary, primrose oil, and maybe castor.

@ 79BirdofPrey

Hi,

Castor oil is known to be good for hair. Also I read that, esides primrose evening oil, borage oil (huile de bourrache/ don't really know the englis translation) is also very good, cause it contains DGA - DGLA. Beware that rosemary oil is an essential oil, you must not put too much drops (gouttes) on your concotion, essential oils are powerful.

I think it's better to mix primrose evening oil with borrage oil for absorption. Brotzu, i read, used borrage oil for is lotion.
    Also, i sometimes add "maca vital root" on it or on my shampoo.

Best is to apply those oils warm and massage it (look at shisheido's adenovital video on how to massage so that the blood circulates better). Best is also to let it on your head all night. It can be difficult to sleep, but put it on for at least 1 hour.

On a natural way of treating hairloss, i suggest you also use ayurvedic powders as shampoos or you shampoo your scalp.
    A good thing is to use root neetle powder + burdock powder + bringaraj powder + coconut milk and apply it on your sclap for about 1 hour.
    Root neetle powder is well known to slow down hairloss and is very good against sclap irritations.
    Burdock powder : it activates blood circulation, the microcirculation on the sclap (which is what Minox do also). I think it works, cause when applying it on my face skin, it went slightly red (blood).

Of course, those applications have to be regular (2/3 times a week ) in order to have an effect. The effect won't be like finasteride or another drug, but it will be something and your hair will be better, strenghen and shinier.

ADVICE
    You can purchase those oils on Aroma-zone i think. That's where i buy mines and it's cheap.
    Also, regarding evening primrose oil, the study i quoted is based on oral + topical treatment, so you have to take softgels of it... in the study they took 6g, corresponding with 800mg DGA. It's quite a lot. I think you have to take something like 12 softgels to attein this figure. I advice you to mix it with fish oil softgels, which contain EPA. The study shows that the interaction between DGA and EPA suppose to be good.

I purchase my sofgels on Iherb.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasbrillantebrunette View Post
    @ rakewell

Thank you for sharing. So, you use Jojoba oil as a carrier oil, right ? Do you think we can mix all sorts of oils ? Personnaly I use castor oil, which I think is good (the hair look better too), it as ben proven to increase PGE2. By putting it on my eyelashes I saw them grow. And i add 2-4 drops of rosemary essential oil in it + 2 drops of cedra essential oil + maca vital. I dont really do proportions, but I think with a carrier oil or something the castor oil coulb be better absorbed and effective.
    No, I use pumpkin seed oil as the carrier. I buy the 1gram pill from iherb (http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Pumpk...0-Softgels/755) and prick them with scissor to drain the oil out of each pill. Then I add the rosemary oil. I think castor oil would be a good option as a carrier or any other carrier oil would work as well (perhaps emu oil would be another good option).

If I found a pumpkin seed oil supplement in liquid form then could I also put rosemary oil into and mix it and apply it? Will I be fine by applying that

If it's pure pumpkin seed oil then I think it will be fine.

Yes, I have pure pumpkin seed oil also. I sometimes use it as a carier, but I also use it for cooking. Taking it internally is also very good. You can use it in salads, but personnaly, I put it everywhere. The only thing is that to keep its properties you must not fry things with it, but add it on top of your food.