Finasteride-low mood and switching to dutasteride? Experiences?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Adam1996
    • Jan 2019

Finasteride-low mood and switching to dutasteride? Experiences?

I take 0.5mg finasteride everyday. It's a dose I transitioned into over around 10 weeks - but it was a pretty horrible transition. Every time I increased the dose 3 days later my mood would go from a 8 to a 1, then my body would adjust and I'd be fine. I am generally a depressed person however, so I think I'm more prone to it.

I've seen general reviews for both finasteride and dutasteride... and it seems to me that finasteride is worse for inducing depression? Not to mention the less effective treatment. My hair loss has been pretty agressive and affected mainly the frontal scalp.

I'm wondering if dutasteride might serve me better? Or is switching to the stronger drug likely to have a similar (if not worse) detrimental effect on my mental health?
  • SmoothNation
    • Apr 2019

Dude, anyone who is promoting the message that hair restoration products are the best way to deal with hair loss honestly are doing you a massive disservice.

Besides the fact that most have detrimental side effects which can really damage your health (which should always be your priority), they don't solve the real issue, and that is your negative outlook on yourself.

Going bald is absolutely fine if you use it to better yourself dude, and what I mean by better yourself can relate to improving your physique, your confidence, your charm and your fashion. All that getting some temporary hair back will do is make you feel better for a short while, and will not help you with your real issues inside.

If you want some advice I'm always here to lend a hand

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

Comment

Working...