Closed Thread
Page 185 of 187 FirstFirst ... 85 135 175 183 184 185 186 187 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1862

Today is d-day

WOOO!!! Follicept day everybody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by serenemoon View Post
    +1

This is the beautiful thing about Follicept going to Market. If they sell it, that means it REALLY works. Or else no point in competing with a massive company like UpJohn with billions of dollars for a product that gives only "rogaine-like" results.
    Terrible logic.

PRP is sold. It doesn't do anything.
    Dr. Gho's HST method is sold; it too doesn't do anything.
    I can name you a plethora of snake oil products are sold and don't work.

Follicept could turn out to be a giant flop and still sell, playing off the desperation of guys like you that just WANT to believe in a product.

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    I don't want to feed a moleskin with igf-1 if it can evolve in something worse
    I do understand what you are saying, but are you basing it on a scientific study or something? Is IGF-1 known to stimulate or "feed" skin moles?

Quote Originally Posted by Haircure View Post
    Uhh so your saying that just because someone puts something on the market it instantly means it does it what it says it will? You've got to be kidding me. Snake oils run rampant throughout this industry and it does compete with traditional hair loss products because people are too desperate and want to try anything. Look at laser caps, those things are incredibly expensive and basically have 0 effectiveness. You will always see a new product coming out claiming to be better than the rest, but the fact remains is until we have hard evidence, and legitimate clinical trials (double blinding, controls) you can't believe anything these products claim.

There's a reason why the evidence based method is so widely regarded in the scientific community. You can't have hard evidence regarding the success of a treatment unless you meet those standards. I'm sorry but if all follicept is doing in regards to clinical trials is getting their employees to test it without any controls, any clinical supervision, background history, and any consistent tools for measuring any change in hair growth, than they obviously aren't legitimate in my books. I've only had hair-loss for a few years, but I've seen quite a few "breakthrough" treatments come and go, and there are always those who jump towards any treatment that gives them hope and promote it like it's the cure and are aggressive to any criticism a forum member makes.
    I think he's saying that the "vibe" he gets from follicept thus far is that they would rather spend their time elsewhere (diabetes, etc) if they don't have a product with significant potential.

In other words, follicept comes across as people interested in investing their time trying to make billions--- not trying to make a quick $50k on a scam... we're dealing with people who could probably go get jobs paying 80k or 100k+ easily... so short-term scamming isn't as attractive as say, a poor person from india with no employment prospects.

Obviously nobody is saying that in all curcumstances where a product is released that it automatically works.. nor are we saying that is the specific case for follicept... only that if you were to ask me my general "feeling" given information thus far, I would give you the above answer.

Quote Originally Posted by IvanXproject View Post
    I do understand what you are saying, but are you basing it on a scientific study or something? Is IGF-1 known to stimulate or "feed" skin moles?
    A random study, just the first one in google
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8720982

IGF-I receptor was found to be widely expressed by the cell surface of the nevus cells.
    the IGF-I receptor is expressed by all nevus cells, irrespective of their proliferative status.

we should ask to dr hso, he studied cancer so who better then him, i don't think it's dangerous but we should ask them, you know my concern is that they said with their vehicle they only need 6 unit of insulin instead of hundreads with injections for the same effect, i want to know if a mole covered with their vehicle can abosorb enough igf to proliferate even is it was "stable" before, i have hundreads of moleskin and most likely i have some of those covered by hairs in my scalp, and some others are big enough that i should let a doc check me, i never did beacuse they are "stable" and never changed after puberty, dunno with a sprint of igf if i should be concerned

Devon, are you applying 1 ppm or 10 ppm on your scalp? Thanks!!

And since we probably won't see results, good or bad, for a few weeks or so, I have a different question for Devon?

How does the gel feel? I hope it's minty XD

Quote Originally Posted by Keki View Post
    A random study, just the first one in google
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8720982

IGF-I receptor was found to be widely expressed by the cell surface of the nevus cells.
    the IGF-I receptor is expressed by all nevus cells, irrespective of their proliferative status.

we should ask to dr hso, he studied cancer so who better then him, i don't think it's dangerous but we should ask them, you know my concern is that they said with their vehicle they only need 6 unit of insulin instead of hundreads with injections for the same effect, i want to know if a mole covered with their vehicle can abosorb enough igf to proliferate even is it was "stable" before, i have hundreads of moleskin and most likely i have some of those covered by hairs in my scalp, and some others are big enough that i should let a doc check me, i never did beacuse they are "stable" and never changed after puberty, dunno with a sprint of igf if i should be concerned
    Let us hope that Follicept's IGF-1 doses are so small that it doesn't really matter. And yes, we should ask Dr. Hsu about this