+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default What are the future treatments for maintenance?

Can someone please summarise the next generation of options for maintenance of existing hair.

I'm considering those at a NW2/3, who don't want to use propecia. As I understand it, most reputable HT surgeons will only operate if you are doing something to maintain what you have?

Is there any hope at all for a finasteride alternative in the semi near future?

CB0301 and i think that's all.

Bimatoprost is also going through its last phase this year if I'm not mistaken. But I don't think that actually prevents hair loss like an anti androgen would but more like rogaine where there is some regrowth.

Maybe this, but its pretty questionable still if its accurate or not. Probably a few years before propecia will be obsolete unfortunately since I also would really like to avoid ever using that.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15018

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Maybe this, but its pretty questionable still if its accurate or not. Probably a few years before propecia will be obsolete unfortunately since I also would really like to avoid ever using that.

http://www.baldtruthtalk.com/showthread.php?t=15018
    That's cool if true. I'm sure there are things in development that are not on our radars, maybe some companies wait to finish trials before doing any marketing if they already have funding.

Anyway, in terms of future maintenance treatments (topical side-effect-free anti-androgens), you have CB-01-03 which should be released for acne in less than 2 years, and of course you can get access to it now and bootstrap it - same for RU. There's also this stuff called Hygiea HYG-440 which might be in the works by Restorgenex. Then there's probably a few I/we don't know about. If you believe the whole Pillox ion helmet thing, that will be released this year.

What's likely though (and hopefully the case) is that these treatments will in the not too distant future be outgunned by stem cell based regrowth and DHT-fortifying solutions, rendering a 'maintenance' therapy obselete.

If (if) it is real and works as claimed, I'd imagine that Pilox would be very useful for maintenance.

Theres a few topical AAs in trials or being developed.

CB of course, the nitric oxide one (novantherapeutics or something), and anotherone I can't remember I think its called like ASJ9 or something similar like that.

All more or less in the same stages (Phase 2), all going for the acne market first, AGA market secondary....

Just out of curiosity I looked this up - nitric oxide one (novantherapeutics or something). The page showing the pipeline does not mention anything for MPB so are they not planning on trials for MPB or have they just not even started yet? Acne is on there and pretty far along. They mentioned 90 percent had significant improvement for acne so it must do something

Quote Originally Posted by burtandernie View Post
    Just out of curiosity I looked this up - nitric oxide one (novantherapeutics or something). The page showing the pipeline does not mention anything for MPB so are they not planning on trials for MPB or have they just not even started yet? Acne is on there and pretty far along. They mentioned 90 percent had significant improvement for acne so it must do something
    They published a paper about the potential for a MPB treatment. Using the same compound/vehicle/whatever as for acne. Honestly not to concerned, as long as the acne version comes out it will be:

a) strong enough for AGA (somewhat doubtful)
    b) We'll figure out some workaround to make it a stronger concentration and thus effective for AGA

And yea Im pretty happy, they're supposed to publish Phase 2 results sometime in Q1 2014 I believe so very soon. Seems Cosmo (CB) might have a competitor!

edit: heres the paper im talking about

edit2: Thing is, all these therapies mean jack shit if we don't have hair. Which means I'll very soon be nuking my head/body with RU and/or Fin. Goodnight sweet DHT + TEST and all related things that come with it

True I mean you have to decide what to do right now because the hair is not coming back years from now. That being said the idea of nuking my body with propecia does worry me a bit.