+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Indomethacin

Default Indomethacin

Not sure why but it seems like we at BTT are always late to the experimental treatment discussions and trials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indometacin

It's a topical NSAID that comes in cream, gel, and even spray form. I'm guessing it works on the PGD2 theory? Reading some good preliminary results over at hairlosshelp, sadly no pics yet:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=105307

Then there are these famous pics, though many people assume these are fake or else the product of finasteride and toppik, as the user allegedly started indomethacin and fin at the same time:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...hreadid=104992

I'm not endorsing this treatment whatsoever. No idea if it's safe, no idea if it works. But I do think it should have its own thread and we should be monitoring it, so put any info you find here. I'll keep an eye out for any updates, but so far at least three people have claimed it's significantly reduced shedding within the first couple days of application. Another plus about this product is it's readily available and cheap, so there should be a minimal amount of scammers or people who are lying about results.

Interesting post Con, thanks.

man there are some pretty bold claims being thrown around about this stuff:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/m...VIEWTMP=Linear

"Wow !!! .. i think i found the right dosage for indomethacin spray .. i said f*** it and sprayed a lot (8-10 ml), and the result from this stunt: less hair fall and less itch !!! Yes i lose hundreds of hairs everyday, after my 2 days of using this spray, i saw less than 10 hairs only!! .. i hope i wont need pge2 or any hair growth stimulants while doing this.. "

"i got the same results, but the spray turned my hair into glue, so i stopped it. now i am waiting for the cream."

"First 2 applications gave me a headache few minutes after spraying. Now i got used to it and the headaches from this is less painful.
    Thats it, no other side effect ..
    Whats really surprised me is that the dose is working great!!! Hair fall at shower is like 80% less than usual! "

"the ID product totally stopped my hair loss instantly. maybe it is expensive but it is the proper vehicle and dosage."

...four different people claiming that this stuff kills hair loss in 48 hours. and of course no pics... however no one has been on it long enough to have cosmetic regrowth, and two of the guys are willing to show pics either way, not that it will prove anything at this point.

again, what keeps me optimistic about this is that it's cheap and readily available. none of these guys can profit from giving false reports. i'm really tempted to try this but will hold off for a month or so until we get some more news. if it can stop my hairloss and allow minox to do its thing i'll be set.

i'm finished waiting around for histogen and aderans guys. from now on my function in this forum is going to be keeping you all updated on stuff that is under the radar and seems promising. i believe the worldwide forums can make progress on their own, and we can have full access to results and trials and photo documentation without having to wait for the conferences and once in a blue moon updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Conpecia View Post
    ...four different people claiming that this stuff kills hair loss in 48 hours. and of course no pics... however no one has been on it long enough to have cosmetic regrowth, and two of the guys are willing to show pics either way, not that it will prove anything at this point.
    Youre not going to see results in 48 hours. Hair doesnt grow that fast, nor does it shed that fast.

but it could stop shedding that fast, no?

Maybe, but even if it did.. how you gonna show that with pictures?

I read about this last year in March. Seems interesting and every one says it's available, yet I googled every where for it and can not find it and I would not risk buying it from an unreliable seller. Any one know what brands sell this or where I can get it generic?

maybe it's just really gluey and that's why it stops falling

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Maybe, but even if it did.. how you gonna show that with pictures?
    yep that's the point i was making initially. all we have for now are reports that hair loss has stopped within a couple days. i consider that solid news though, plus there's no reason for these dudes to lie.

yep that's the point i was making initially. all we have for now are reports that hair loss has stopped within a couple days. i consider that solid news though, plus there's no reason for these dudes to lie.
    oh I was making a joke....