+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

I'd NEVER get a hair piece.

1. Those guys look great with hair pieces, it just shows you what a difference hair makes to your looks, how people perceive you and how much healthier and younger you look.

2. I could NEVER wear a hair piece because it would make my situation even more embarrassing, all the people I know would know I am wearing one and I would get so much abuse for it. Plus I would not feel right with some fabric on my head, I would feel fake and be worrying if it looks ok all the time and about it falling off when the wind picks up.

If you can cope with all that then fair do's. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by sausage View Post
    1. Those guys look great with hair pieces, it just shows you what a difference hair makes to your looks, how people perceive you and how much healthier and younger you look.
    I would say the right hair cut can make you look younger and more well put together, but healthier? Thats a bit of a long shot. We simply associate completely bald with cancer which is unfortunate.

However, there are simply people who cannot hold a bald(ing) look. Their face shape and general body shape just don't let it work and hair helps to draw attention away from the face.

2. I could NEVER wear a hair piece because it would make my situation even more embarrassing, all the people I know would know I am wearing one and I would get so much abuse for it. Plus I would not feel right with some fabric on my head, I would feel fake and be worrying if it looks ok all the time and about it falling off when the wind picks up.
    This is one reason why I think you need to make a determination early on who you are going to be.

Are you going to bald gracefully? Take it all off way early? Or cover up nature by taking drugs and using stuff to keep it growing? (I know that sounds deriding but I don't mean it that way)

I'm somewhere between graceful and take it off - but right now its siding with graceful.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    I would say the right hair cut can make you look younger and more well put together, but healthier? Thats a bit of a long shot. We simply associate completely bald with cancer which is unfortunate.
    Of course having hair makes you look healthier. It makes you look fresher, younger and therefore healthier.

I understand MPB is not health related but yes it makes us look healthy to have hair.

Quote Originally Posted by NotBelievingIt View Post
    This is one reason why I think you need to make a determination early on who you are going to be.

Are you going to bald gracefully? Take it all off way early? Or cover up nature by taking drugs and using stuff to keep it growing? (I know that sounds deriding but I don't mean it that way)

I'm somewhere between graceful and take it off - but right now its siding with graceful.
    All of the above.

I have to shave it off cos I am too far gone.

I have to at least try to deal with it.

I will try drugs and am taking drugs.

I hope for better treatments/cures.

Wigs are a no-go.

Thing is Kiwi now that you've had FUT you're kind of pot committed so to speak. You might consider going for a megasession with with of the top docs. H&W, Rahal, Feller, Feriduni etc. If it still isn't working then you might considering FUEing the scar, shaving down and getting on with it. I'd imagine you still have plenty of donor and since you have the scar now anyway it's not time to throw in the towel just yet. I know it can be expensive but you'd have to consider it. Most of the time one pass is not enough anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    My problem is that I have a stupid scar now and FUT didnt provide the results I was lead to believe it would.

So I'm kinda stuck in this time zone where I'm like what to do?
    1) Do I shave and get a tattoo to fill it in?
    2) Do I shave as short as possible to just hide the scar?
    3) Keep trying things like PRP?
    4) Get a piece?
    5) Wait for a new drug?
    6) Try the new minoxidal 5% foam

Propecia is out of the question because it stole my mojo.

I really do stress a lot about all of this. My 3700 HT was supposed to take away my stress!!
    Kiwi, I totally feel for you man since you have to deal with the scar of a hair transplant now. Despite how much I despise hair loss, I read on the internet far too many stories like yours about people who got hair transplants, were unsatisfied with the results or given false promises by a doctor, and now they need to deal with the dreaded head scar. It really pisses me off when these doctors peddle hair transplants like they're the holy grail, when they are so far from it that most people do not even opt for them in the first place.
    Anyway, sorry about the rant bro. With regards to your question, I'm not sure getting a tattoo to fill it in would be the best option. The people peddling these tattoo options seem to have very shaky credentials and head tattooing just does not seem like a good idea to me. You can shave it as short as possible to hide the scar, that might be an option. I recently saw that a person on here (Dave52) did that and the scar really wasn't that visible unless you knew what you were looking for. I don't think any newer kind of minoxidil would help at all and neither would the current versions of PRP. With regards to hair systems, I mentioned my friend's experiences with one and despite all the trials and travails he's had with his hair system, he's still glad to have it and he isn't giving it up anytime soon. So I guess the reward far outweighs the inconveniences of it. I actually have another friend who was an NW6 at 45 and got a hair system/wig about 5 years ago. Now when we go out to this one club, the owner always calls out his nickname (which is of an actor with a full head of hair) and he loves it. So obviously his hair system is working for him too. Lastly, I just read Follicular Death Row's suggestions and they're very good. FUE'ing the scar would definitely be something worth looking into and so would a megasession with some one like Hasson and Wong or Rahal. However, I'm not sure how much good a megasession would do you if you're not on Propecia in order to ensure that you won't lose any more native hair. But then again it might bide you enough time until these supposedly more effective treatments come out. And believe me, I don't blame you at all for discontinuing Propecia. I've got the same side effects myself.

Well there was a borderline norwood 7 posted here by Joe who had 7000 grafts done and he looked way better after. You could get a nice head of hair like Joe still. Don't throw in the towel just yet. If it's hair you want go to Dr. Hasson. He seems to be able to get the most out of a given donor.

10,000 is possible even for norwood 6s with FUT and FUE on average if you have the money. Maybe even more. As long as your first HT had a decent yield you would be a lot happier after going with one of the top guys for a second session. Have a look at a guy called NewHairPlease on one of the other big sites. I know he had work done that wasn't so great but Dr. Rahal pulled out 4800 and said he has another 3000-4000 by strip before tapping into FUE. I've no idea how much was harvested in his first HT. Hell look at where Jotronic was coming from and look at where he is now (with another 2000 by strip left and another 1500-2000FUE if he ever needs them.) It's not over yet mate, chin up.

who in their right mind still considers hair transplants in 2012..... transplants ARE PERMANENT. FOREVER! New treatments are right around the corner. Can't you at least wait until the end of this year??

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    My problem is that I have a stupid scar now and FUT didnt provide the results I was lead to believe it would.

So I'm kinda stuck in this time zone where I'm like what to do?
    1) Do I shave and get a tattoo to fill it in?
    2) Do I shave as short as possible to just hide the scar?
    3) Keep trying things like PRP?
    4) Get a piece?
    5) Wait for a new drug?
    6) Try the new minoxidal 5% foam

Propecia is out of the question because it stole my mojo.

I really do stress a lot about all of this. My 3700 HT was supposed to take away my stress!!
    Try to relax Kiwi, I've noticed that youve gone down hill lately. I know it's a bitch but you are a bit desperate right now. I think this forum is putting you down lately. Stay strong.

Default Reply with pic (why i'm depressed)

Thanks for all the feedback team. I'm so upset right now. I've had 2 transplants and I'd love to get your advice.

This is what I got:
    http://*********************.com/blo...asp?WebID=1675

What seems like a sensible plan is to shave my head just short enough so that you cant see the scar. Then get FUE over the top so that even as I thin more and more at least I might be able to maintain a non shiny head.

OR a megasession. I have no idea. Because I have't got any answers as to what might have gone wrong I'm left with guesses.

Am I physically allergic to HTs??? Is that possible (I know allergic is the wrong word but felt it almost works).