+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Excellent HT experience with Dr Rahal

Recently, I travelled from Australia and had a hair transplant last week with Dr Rahal in Ottawa, Canada.

In total, Dr Rahal managed to harvest 3918 for this transplant and the breakdown of the grafts were 803 (3's), 2460 (2's) and 655 (1's).

I wanted to post and mention that this was my first hair transplant and that the service and care I received from Dr Rahal and his entire team was outstanding.

The operation was well executed and professional. The entire staff did a great job to reduce stress and anxiety on my part. I felt very little discomfort during and after the procedure and have nothing but praise for the work done by Dr Rahal.

Now I just have to wait to see the results!

I've attached a few images to show where I'm at so far (a week later). I'll add more later as things continue to develop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pre_1.jpg

Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	6123   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre_2.jpg

Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	6124   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre_3.jpg

Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	6125   Click image for larger version

Name:	pre_4.jpg

Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	6126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post_1_day_later.jpg

Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	6127   Click image for larger version

Name:	Post_7_days_later.jpg

Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	6128  

Thanks for posting and great pics! Keep us posted on your progress, I love seeing these transformations.

I had my ht about 4 weeks ago. Looks like a great job. Waiting kinda sucks though. Good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for posting your case colorado..hope you keep updating with pictures

Default One month on...

So it's been a month now and all the scabs are out and things are starting to return to normal.

The transplanted hairs are coming out now which is sad but expected. Like many people, I had hoped I'd be that special transplant where the hairs stayed in and kept growing but unfortunately, that's not looking to be the case!

I'll keep posting each month with images.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Post_1_month.jpg

Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	6431  

I had mine 6 weeks ago and half the units you did. I don't think I had the density to do that amount of transplants. Kudos to you and your Doc. How is the doner site doing r u sore? I am still sore at both the doner and recipient sites. I am also numb also. How about you?

Quote Originally Posted by njs View Post
    I had mine 6 weeks ago and half the units you did. I don't think I had the density to do that amount of transplants. Kudos to you and your Doc. How is the doner site doing r u sore? I am still sore at both the doner and recipient sites. I am also numb also. How about you?
    Hi njs,

Donor site is doing well. Was more itchy than painful in my case. I feel lucky in that I've had very little pain at all. I do feel a little discomfort up around the crown of my head around the edges of the recipient site though. The numbness however is a different story - I do have some sensation coming back in some areas now but the very back of my head is still quite numb. Sleeping feels quite weird with the numbness and I must say I haven't slept that well since the procedure but I think that will change with time.

I got a haircut yesterday which was a little confronting. They were really good about it but I felt the need to explain my situation to the stylist though. The way I look right now can only get better! The positives of going to a hair cut place outweighed the negatives though. The sides of my head were starting to resemble "Bozo the Clown" so I had to deal with it!

Colorado
    Was it hard to goto work after the HT?Did you have to explain to everyone and get looks from everyone?
    How much hair are you shedding a day?Is it worse than before the HT?

If you are asking me. I had the ht on Thursday afternoon and went to work on Monday. Not one person noticed. Kinda funny.

I have not had a haircut yet since the procedure. Trying to put it off. It kind of seems all of my hair is in shock. I think my hair growth has slowed but I can't be sure. Usually I get a cut every 4 weeks or so but now it has been almost 7 weeks and I am thinking I am due.

Also still pretty numb from the scar to the crown and pain to the touch in the doner area and also in the recipient area although not severe.

Quote Originally Posted by dgman21 View Post
    Colorado
    Was it hard to goto work after the HT?Did you have to explain to everyone and get looks from everyone?
    How much hair are you shedding a day?Is it worse than before the HT?
    I took a month off work after the operation so I haven't been there yet. I wore a ball cap for around a month before I left so people have already asked me questions about wearing a cap before I left. I have already told a few of the people at work who are close to me as friends. I'm not really too embarrassed about it. There's nothing we can do to prevent this condition - I'm not yelling about it from the treetops though either!

I am shedding a little hair from around the crown I think - I can see a bit in my hands after washing my hair in the mornings. Many of the transplanted hairs are now gone but I'm not really worrying about that too much. I'll do a reality check in a couple of months and see how things are traveling then before I think about it!