+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Drinking alcohol every day causes hair loss?

Hello everyone,

This might be a stupid ignorant question but I'm curious if drinking alcohol every day is harm full to your hair? The past month I've been going out every night to bar, clubs, and etc. I drink pretty much every night and get somewhat wasted depending on the day.

Will this effect my hair loss and cause me to break out?

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    Hello everyone,

This might be a stupid ignorant question but I'm curious if drinking alcohol every day is harm full to your hair? The past month I've been going out every night to bar, clubs, and etc. I drink pretty much every night and get somewhat wasted depending on the day.

Will this effect my hair loss and cause me to break out?
    I have never heard of alcohol accelerating hair loss.. however with that said it does accelerate the aging process and speeds it up rapidly. Every one of my friends who has done nothing but hang out at the bar every Friday and Saturday on the weekend.. and drink hard liquor (while I who don't as least not near as often if anything I might drink two or three months in a year socially as if that only three drinks minimum) as a comparison when I saw them in the recent they aged badly.. their eyes had crows feet and most wrinkles on their faces and they had large beer guts. They looked more like their fathers and grandfathers than themselves and the thing of it was only five years had passed since I last saw them.. only five.. hard life catches up with you.. so does drinking. They wonder how I stay young and how I look 31 years old instead of 41 years old. I simply say I exercise and I don't drink or smoke.

I dont think so. Millions of alcoholics out there with decent head of hair

yep i see bums living in my town and they have more hair than me and theyve been basicaly drinking and living in their filth most of their lives. ul do ok.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisM View Post
    I have never heard of alcohol accelerating hair loss.. however with that said it does accelerate the aging process and speeds it up rapidly. Every one of my friends who has done nothing but hang out at the bar every Friday and Saturday on the weekend.. and drink hard liquor (while I who don't as least not near as often if anything I might drink two or three months in a year socially as if that only three drinks minimum) as a comparison when I saw them in the recent they aged badly.. their eyes had crows feet and most wrinkles on their faces and they had large beer guts. They looked more like their fathers and grandfathers than themselves and the thing of it was only five years had passed since I last saw them.. only five.. hard life catches up with you.. so does drinking. They wonder how I stay young and how I look 31 years old instead of 41 years old. I simply say I exercise and I don't drink or smoke.
    You do have a point, drinking can age you fairly quickly. I usually drink when there is a female present to give me the courage to hit on her. I will stop drinking every day...gotta look young...gotta look young. thanks for the feedback guys!

Quote Originally Posted by dex89 View Post
    You do have a point, drinking can age you fairly quickly. I usually drink when there is a female present to give me the courage to hit on her. I will stop drinking every day...gotta look young...gotta look young. thanks for the feedback guys!

Don't take this the wrong way but I've seen ur pics, your a good looking guy, you shouldnt need alcohol to make u confident!

My older brother drinks alot and hes bald but I think thats more because it's something that runs in the family! I don't really drink much myself, though have the occasional red wine, which is actually suposed to be healthy for your heart.

hmmmm....I have often wondered why "bums" almost always have a full head of hair...lol. It's generally true. I remember Robin Wiliams had a whole monologue about this.

Let's see what some of the possibilities are: 1. alcohol IS a vasodilator and increases micro-circulation. 2. alcohol consumption will lessen the ability of your liver to clear estrogen - serious alcoholics are probably estrogen-dominent because of this.

These would encourage hair growth/discourage loss.

However, being estrogen dominant as a male is also extremely dangerous to your health otherwise.

Anyway, my rules are: drink in moderation; "Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable [or lacking in confidence at the moment]" (Chesterton)

Drinking in moderation will have zero effect on your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshmalo View Post
    Don't take this the wrong way but I've seen ur pics, your a good looking guy, you shouldnt need alcohol to make u confident!

My older brother drinks alot and hes bald but I think thats more because it's something that runs in the family! I don't really drink much myself, though have the occasional red wine, which is actually suposed to be healthy for your heart.
    Thanks Marshalo for the kind words, It's just that I broke out pretty bad last week and it gave me some terrible acne scares. I needed the alcohol in order to give me that boost lol thankfully my scars faded away with some anti scar treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiffle View Post
    hmmmm....I have often wondered why "bums" almost always have a full head of hair...lol. It's generally true. I remember Robin Wiliams had a whole monologue about this.

Let's see what some of the possibilities are: 1. alcohol IS a vasodilator and increases micro-circulation. 2. alcohol consumption will lessen the ability of your liver to clear estrogen - serious alcoholics are probably estrogen-dominent because of this.

These would encourage hair growth/discourage loss.

However, being estrogen dominant as a male is also extremely dangerous to your health otherwise.

Anyway, my rules are: drink in moderation; "Drink because you are happy, but never because you are miserable [or lacking in confidence at the moment]" (Chesterton)

Drinking in moderation will have zero effect on your hair.
    I see...

I'm best of drinking in moderation then everyday, really don't want to harm my liver. Thanks mate.

Cool

The sauce definitely ages people. Not just the body, but the brain too. I'm 40 and some of my counter parts of the same age look like they are 50 because they have been so hard on themselves. My boss has abused himself so much, he is 60, but could honestly pass for 80. Worse, he can't even remember conversations from a day ago.

Easy on that sauce brotha!

If you drink that much alcohol you should be worrying not about shedding your hair, but shedding your brain cells. You're slowly killing your brain cells, in case you didn't know.