I'm changing from Finasteride and upping the juice to Dutasteride - Page 4 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spex View Post
    Nothing really to show via a pic but here you go
    Regards
    Spex
    hair looks great spex

do you think your crown has filled in? It looks like it compared to the before pictures when you had a buzz. Hard to tell since the different angles though.

Hello,

The switch has been a solid change overall in every area. Ive not had any issues with the medication from a side effect point of view but never had any issues with finasteride after 16 years on it and i feel very confident it has helped my hair overall . The crown region has definitely not got any worse and if anything slightly better.

Ive not given it any real time or consideration and not been fixated on it hence why not been updating.

Im definitely continuing with DUT.

I hope this helps and satisfies you.

Regards
    Spex
    Visit my website: SPEXHAIR

Watch regular segments and interviews on The Bald Truth UK show

View Media interviews www.spexhair.media

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel : SpexHair Youtube

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

I've read this post a couple days ago and it had me thinking.

I am 23 and on name brand propecia 1mg for 1 month, after being generic for 7 months, and i still haven't seen results at all and started shedding a ton.

I want to start DUT

but after reading your post I learned your body had started to tolerate FIN and then you switched to something more powerful to hold you off for maybe a decade or more

If i start DUT now then I will not have anything to switch in say like a decade if my body begins to tolerate it.

I haven't seen any results yet and I just went through a huge shed, All I want to do is stabilize my hairloss so then I can maybe fix up my hairline

Quote Originally Posted by HowardStern View Post
    I've read this post a couple days ago and it had me thinking.

I am 23 and on name brand propecia 1mg for 1 month, after being generic for 7 months, and i still haven't seen results at all and started shedding a ton.

I want to start DUT

but after reading your post I learned your body had started to tolerate FIN and then you switched to something more powerful to hold you off for maybe a decade or more

If i start DUT now then I will not have anything to switch in say like a decade if my body begins to tolerate it.

I haven't seen any results yet and I just went through a huge shed, All I want to do is stabilize my hairloss so then I can maybe fix up my hairline
    Howardstern- You might want to take some emergency measures to try and stop the shedding as I know from experience that prevention is way better than hoping for regrowth which often never happens. Whats gone is often gone for good. I use a concoction that I sort of came up with that has helped several of my friends as well. Order about 10 grams RU58841 as a powder from Anagen and then mix about 1500 mg (get a micro scale from amazon like druggies and dopers use) into about 30 ml of 150-190 proof Everclear in a small glass bottle so you can make sure it dissolves completely. You then dump that 30 ml solution into a 60 ml jug of Rogaine after removing half the Rogaine solution to save for the next batch. Apply a little over a ml of this mix every night to your scalp and say 3 hail marys. It should actually slow or stop the shedding fairly quickly. Oh and don't forget to use the ol' Nizoral shampoo a couple of times per week. Let me know how you do and best of luck in this miserable battle that we have to wage against DHT and the fookin baldness gene....

Spex if you dot mind me asking how old are you and how many hair transplants have you gotten so far

Im 42 years old and had 12 HT's

I am not a doctor or medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions expressed are my own unless stated otherwise. Always consult with your own family doctor prior to embarking on any form of hair loss treatment or surgery.

Woahh 12!!! how much many did it cost, wht was the time range of those hair transplants and how many of those were successful, and wht were the average grafts per hair transplant. Thanks for answering really appreciate it. I'm a 15 year old who's hair has thinned from hairline and my bald spots are noticeable and i think my crown has started to recede too I think. Ur welcome to look at my thread to see the pics. I didn't get much help so I was hoping u could advise me wht to do about my hair.
    Regards!!!!!

My Ht's are well documented online and in the media just google me. My site is in my signature too.
    At 15 years old don't be in any rush mate to do anything. You've hot puberty and hormones all over the shop. Get on a good hair vitamin and MSM and try park the situ. You'll be ok !
    Regards
    Spex

Do u recommend rogaine 5 percent foam and propecia. How long should rogaine alone should last for me? If u check my pics from my thread u can tell my hairline has receded and hair has thinned. My crown is starting to thin out too. Advice would be great.
    Regards!!!!!

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Missed this one. Romaine is only a temporary solution and might buy you 2-5 years. If your not willing or abe to take finasteride though its the best and only option to try help keep the wolves at the door.

Regards
    Spex