My PRP experience so far - Page 19 - BaldTruthTalk.com
+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Itsgrowingback,

how's your hair/scalp doing now? any updates? I remember I was worried about shedding before starting Propecia and rogaine. Now I'm worried about shedding and not regaining it back for the PRP treatments.

Default updates?

Itsgrowingback,

how's your hair/scalp doing now? any updates? I remember I was worried about shedding before starting Propecia and rogaine. Now I'm worried about shedding and not regaining it back for the PRP treatments.

I want to ask how has your hair been now? Is it better? Has your hairloss stopped? im 19 now and im thinning on my temples, specifically on my left temple, do you think the treatment will be able to help me? Thanks

I have appt with Prasad soon to do the PRP. He seems knowledgeable, but I'm still skeptical...it sounds too good. He did give me 2 referrals which were legitimate and positive results. DOES ANYONE HAVE RESULTS AFTER 6-9 MONTHS? PRASAD CLAIMS YOU NEED TO GIVE THIS AT LEAST 7-9 MONTHS TO SHOW RESULTS. He gave me a whole scientific reasoning about why it takes this much time to see any results.

Quote Originally Posted by wen4663 View Post
    I have appt with Prasad soon to do the PRP. He seems knowledgeable, but I'm still skeptical...it sounds too good. He did give me 2 referrals which were legitimate and positive results. DOES ANYONE HAVE RESULTS AFTER 6-9 MONTHS? PRASAD CLAIMS YOU NEED TO GIVE THIS AT LEAST 7-9 MONTHS TO SHOW RESULTS. He gave me a whole scientific reasoning about why it takes this much time to see any results.
    Glad to see you are trying this. I'm going to try it two. I'm between a Norwood three and four, mostly hairline. But I'm hoping for a hairline recovery.

Problem is, the results I've seen don't look very promising. Usually in colder climates hair doesn't do as well, generally speaking (at least for hair regrowth).

Quote Originally Posted by k9gatton View Post
    Glad to see you are trying this. I'm going to try it two. I'm between a Norwood three and four, mostly hairline. But I'm hoping for a hairline recovery.

Problem is, the results I've seen don't look very promising. Usually in colder climates hair doesn't do as well, generally speaking (at least for hair regrowth).
    You will waste your money, just get a good HT with a top surgeon....

FearTheLoss: Do you feel the PRP worked at all at this point in time? Do you feel it was a scam? Is Dr Greco a scam?

Per PRP. I've found that it has helped me to slow down my hair loss and reverse in some areas. Specifically in crown and in center behind the hair line. Given the science and broad clinical studies I prefer over procedures and topicals.

A bit of background - I'm in my mid-50's, Norwood 2, not on propecia or any other topical for growth. Hormones are in balance.

Per Dr. Greco -- his process for preparing Growth Factors removes the pro-inflamatory cytokines, which caused me shedding and pain in other procedures.

As with all treatments - there is no miracle cure. As a health care professional, I've found lifestyle and epigenetics are the contributor to how and why hair loss occurs in men and women.

Quote Originally Posted by MG63 View Post
    Per PRP. I've found that it has helped me to slow down my hair loss and reverse in some areas. Specifically in crown and in center behind the hair line. Given the science and broad clinical studies I prefer over procedures and topicals.

A bit of background - I'm in my mid-50's, Norwood 2, not on propecia or any other topical for growth. Hormones are in balance.

Per Dr. Greco -- his process for preparing Growth Factors removes the pro-inflamatory cytokines, which caused me shedding and pain in other procedures.

As with all treatments - there is no miracle cure. As a health care professional, I've found lifestyle and epigenetics are the contributor to how and why hair loss occurs in men and women.

You're in your fifties, and only a Norwood 2?? This was after treatment, I take it? That's actually a good place to be.

Your baldness wasn't aggressive, I take it. What Norwood were you at. Or are you trying to go down to a Norwood one?

Thought the regrowth density wasn't always that good, depending on how diffuse/many terminal hairs were already there before the transplant. Is that not the case?

Could I see scalp pictures, before and after?

Would really appreciate that.

Also, is this your hairline or vertex?