+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Latanoprost works better and is cheaper.
    I found generic latanoprost for 4.13/ml, and bimatoprost for 4.16/ml, so roughly the same price. Latanaprost is a much lower concentration though, .005% vs .03% bimatoprost.

Quote Originally Posted by unbalding View Post
    I'd love to get this stuff, but why is it so expensive? It would cost a fortune to use this at 10%. I am getting twelve bottles of the .03% stuff, and I'll try that for a couple months and see if it does anything. I'll wait for the trial results before I spring for a gram of this stuff. If a few people want to do a group buy I would join, but I'm not spending over $800 on something which may not do anything.
    Will get cheaper when it's mass produced.

that .03% stuff for eyelashes is not supposed to be used all the time, which is why at it's cheapest you can get it for 10-15 bucks a bottle which lasts you about 5 days for your hair!

How much did minoxidil cost when it first came out? I'd imagine BIM if mass produced will cost around 100$ for a few months supply.

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Latanoprost works better and is cheaper.
    Where are you getting this information from?

Does anyone know if/why this would work well for diffuse thinners?

Yes it will. It will be like Minox on steroids

Quote Originally Posted by It's2014ComeOnAlready View Post
    Does anyone know if/why this would work well for diffuse thinners?
    No one even knows if this will work yet. The whole "Minoxidil on steroids" thing is something developed by people on these forums, not by the company or any actual hair researchers. Minoxidil is supposed to stop one from losing hair. Bimatoprost is supposed to change the qualities of the hair that is already growing.

The general idea is that if it worked at a minimum it would make existing hairs thicker, longer, and darker. So if diffuse thinners still had a lot of small hairs, then if it worked it would kind of bring these back to some extent. If the hair follicles between the ones that are more or less normal stopped growing almost completely a long time ago, then it would probably be less effective. This is the thinking expressed by the company and the researchers in charge of the project. But again, we do not know yet if it will work at all. There is also the possibility that it could generate new follicles (see this article: http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-96.../abstract?cc=y).

In 2006 there was a range of products around 2-3 years away from being released [Which ultimately fizzled out] & that trend seems to have continued as long as I've been on these forums.

Is there any estimated release date on BIM? Or are we still only working with hypothetical release dates?

Quote Originally Posted by Jasari View Post
    In 2006 there was a range of products around 2-3 years away from being released [Which ultimately fizzled out] & that trend seems to have continued as long as I've been on these forums.

Is there any estimated release date on BIM? Or are we still only working with hypothetical release dates?
    No, same deal. There is a Phase 2b trial that is wrapping up now and hopefully we would hear the results of that trial soon. The CEO of the company had said a year and a half ago that it would probably be released in 2019-2020, but some members on here made up their own release dates.

Quote Originally Posted by beetee View Post
    No, same deal. There is a Phase 2b trial that is wrapping up now and hopefully we would hear the results of that trial soon. The CEO of the company had said a year and a half ago that it would probably be released in 2019-2020, but some members on here made up their own release dates.
    Dude, you're speculating just as much on here. The results will be posted next month, as they said. If the results are excellent, then you're saying a phase 3 and to market would take 5 years? OK.

We will know the results soon enough ! I have high hopes for it . It will be the most powerful growth stim .