Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Jack we have spoken in a previous thread about hair transplants, and I am sorry you feel the way you do. What exactly is it that gets you down about it though?

For me, having hair (although the density might not be perfect) is better than having to shave it all off because of the horseshoe. My final balding pattern is fairly established, so would naturally plan to loose it all.
    I also realise that I will most certainly need more than one procedure, and maybe even a third.

Default explanation

Gubter,

What happened to me was that I was using concealers in my hair and had been doing so for a couple of years when I got the HT. After the procedure I continued using concealers and it was fine except for the fact that I had to wear my hair longer on the sides and back because of the strip scar. Eventually I got used to wearing my hair a bit longer and all was well for a while. Just over two years ago it got to the point where there was more paint and powder on my head than than there was hair, and it was very obvious. Soon after it got the point where I didn't even have enough density on top to support the hair fibers (even with the transplanted hair). Maybe if I had never used concealers I would not have expected much from the procedure.

In short I wish that I would have just shaved my head instead of doing any of the things I did to "fight" my balding. Now I have a shaved head anyway and I have a lovely smiley face scar at the back of my head which makes me extremely self-conscious and miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    Jack we have spoken in a previous thread about hair transplants, and I am sorry you feel the way you do. What exactly is it that gets you down about it though?

For me, having hair (although the density might not be perfect) is better than having to shave it all off because of the horseshoe. My final balding pattern is fairly established, so would naturally plan to loose it all.
    I also realise that I will most certainly need more than one procedure, and maybe even a third.

I am truly sorry to hear about your bad experience. But honestly mate, if it gets you spel why not at least consult with a good ht clinic. Mpb is progressive and more than one surgery is often needed. I mean you already have the scar. I am not suggesting you to rush into anything, but I dont see what youve got too kokar by having ur situation properly assessed by a professional. I have seen people way worse off than you get amazing results. Another option would be to try scalp pigmentation. New hair institute have started working with his hair clinic and it is now available in the us. If you dont like it, than it is reversible and you would only have lost some money. These are the two options I am planning for if I would be in your shoes in a couple of years.

I hope things work out for you though. Stay in touch and let me know how it goes. Btw did u get on propecia after ur transplant to prevent further loss?

I am truly sorry to hear about your bad experience. But honestly mate, if it gets you down why not at least consult with a good ht clinic. Mpb is progressive and more than one surgery is often needed. I mean you already have the scar. I am not suggesting you to rush into anything, but I dont see what youve got too loose by having ur situation properly assessed by a professional. I have seen people way worse off than you get amazing results. Another option would be to try scalp pigmentation. New hair institute have started working with his hair clinic and it is now available in the us. If you dont like it, than it is reversible and you would only have lost some money. These are the two options I am planning for if I would be in your shoes in a couple of years.

I hope things work out for you though. Stay in touch and let me know how it goes. Btw did u get on propecia after ur transplant to prevent further loss?

Gubter,

I was on propecia after the transplant. I am considering scalp pigmentation/ medical tattooing. I have seen a plastic surgeon who told me that in his opinion my best bet would be medical tattooing. It is apparently possible to perform FUE into the scar but the results are quite unpredictable. That is what I was told by the plastic surgeon I saw and what I read posted by at least one surgeon who performs HTs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gubter_87 View Post
    I am truly sorry to hear about your bad experience. But honestly mate, if it gets you down why not at least consult with a good ht clinic. Mpb is progressive and more than one surgery is often needed. I mean you already have the scar. I am not suggesting you to rush into anything, but I dont see what youve got too loose by having ur situation properly assessed by a professional. I have seen people way worse off than you get amazing results. Another option would be to try scalp pigmentation. New hair institute have started working with his hair clinic and it is now available in the us. If you dont like it, than it is reversible and you would only have lost some money. These are the two options I am planning for if I would be in your shoes in a couple of years.

But you haven't considered another transplant to get more density on top any be able to grow your hair long again?

Otherwise, as I said, New hair institute (Dr Rassman and Dr Pak) are now working with His hair clinic so it is possible to get it performed in the US.

Hi, I'm new to the forum here, came across it as I heard about Micro Hair Tattooing a couple of days ago. I'm someone who really wants to shave his head but my HT scars are keeping me from doing it. The Tattooing looks like a possible option for me.... So far I've only heard about a few a places that do it in England and this place in Florida... Anyone know of any thing close to Vancouver Canada area?

Quote Originally Posted by AntonRogan View Post
    Hi, I'm new to the forum here, came across it as I heard about Micro Hair Tattooing a couple of days ago. I'm someone who really wants to shave his head but my HT scars are keeping me from doing it. The Tattooing looks like a possible option for me.... So far I've only heard about a few a places that do it in England and this place in Florida... Anyone know of any thing close to Vancouver Canada area?
    There is a place in MN, think its called Good Look INk. Their website address is mygoodlook.com

BTW - I've had 2 HT, have a thin scar from ear to ear that I'm thinking about getting tattooed. I'm just 2 hours away from AC but I'm looking at all the viable places in the US.

Sorry to bring up such an old post, but has anyone gone through with this procedure? I'm seriously considering it, and looking for opinions/reviews of practitioners (artists lol). Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

The main problem I have with it is that the hairlines look way too straight and perfect. It's like someone put a template on top of the head and no hairs can grow outside that template line.