+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default HT Advice needed

Hi

I am wondering if anybody can help me in relation to HT coverage.
    I began receding about 10 years ago ( 30 now ), and it was mostly just frontal loss. However I began thinning on top about 2 years ago. Up until a few days ago, I assumed my loss was solely confined to the top of my head. However upon further inspection I now see it has creeped back even further.

I am on Nizoral and minoxodil but not propecia - tried it a few years ago and its not for me. I have 2 questions - 1. I was told my donor area was excellent, but would like some other opinions based on the pic attached and 2. How much of the thinning area could realistically be covered in one session?

Many thanks

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image0219.jpg

Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	15241  

First, ur hair are too short for anyone to comment on donor area density or quality. Next its my understanding that unless ur prepared to take fin. - HT is not viable option for you

Quote Originally Posted by ravegrover View Post
    First, ur hair are too short for anyone to comment on donor area density or quality. Next its my understanding that unless ur prepared to take fin. - HT is not viable option for you

Well the plan is to get a HT, then supplement it with 1 of the 3 ( Aderans, Histogen etc ) in a few years. I will not be risking propecia if these additions are on the way soon. Also propecia apparently loses its effectiveness after a few years anyway so I will be playing catch up irrespective.

Unfortunately my health is paramount at the moment and I have an already delicate hormonal structure in place so no more drugs

Have you spoken to any hair transplant surgeons or consultations? It depends on the patient and the goal.

In this case it looks like Jairus is headed for at least Norwood VA or VI, so his goal would need to be realistic and Propecia would maybe help in arresting further loss or regrowing what has already gone.

Jairus, you really need to pose this question with one of the AHHA endorsed hair transplant surgeons. Consultations are usually free.

It's say his hair is a good length for establishing what he's actually got. Long hair can actually conceal hair loss. For instance, when Dr Feller saw me his initial reaction was I don't need any work, but after peeling back my hair he realised my concerns due to a receded hairline.

Quote Originally Posted by Jairus View Post
    I will not be risking propecia if these additions are on the way soon. Also propecia apparently loses its effectiveness after a few years anyway so I will be playing catch up irrespective.

Unfortunately my health is paramount at the moment and I have an already delicate hormonal structure in place so no more drugs
    Sounds sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisis View Post
    Have you spoken to any hair transplant surgeons or consultations? It depends on the patient and the goal.

In this case it looks like Jairus is headed for at least Norwood VA or VI, so his goal would need to be realistic and Propecia would maybe help in arresting further loss or regrowing what has already gone.

Jairus, you really need to pose this question with one of the AHHA endorsed hair transplant surgeons. Consultations are usually free.
    Hi Chris

I have had 2 consultations with extremely reputable surgeons and the consensus seems to be that I do need to be on propecia. However I have seen full blown NW6 guys who have had multiple HT's and have arrived at very good results. I would assume an NW6 would have no need for propecia as he isnt really going to lose any more hair. Because of my aversion to taking drugs and because I look as if Im on my way to an NWV+, Im thinking of going down a similar route. Do you reckon this is a bit naive?

Hi Chris

I have had 2 consultations with extremely reputable surgeons and the consensus seems to be that I do need to be on propecia. However I have seen full blown NW6 guys who have had multiple HT's and have arrived at very good results. I would assume an NW6 would have no need for propecia as he isnt really going to lose any more hair. Because of my aversion to taking drugs and because I look as if Im on my way to an NWV+, Im thinking of going down a similar route. Do you reckon this is a bit naive?
    Did they do a miniaturization study to check if some areas outside the donor are thinning? If it's bad then you might need propecia.

From your pictures it looks like propecia could do a lot for you.
    Too bad you couldn't tolerate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Did they do a miniaturization study to check if some areas outside the donor are thinning? If it's bad then you might need propecia.

From your pictures it looks like propecia could do a lot for you.
    Too bad you couldn't tolerate it.
    No studies done as they were both online consultations. I may investigate this further tho.

I doubt I can tolerate the bare minimum ie .5mg to make a diff.
    If its an absolute necessity then I may be forced to try again but I would need a lot of advice from people in a similar position with regards to toleration.

This scaremongering bollox doesnt help either.

No studies done as they were both online consultations. I may investigate this further tho.

I doubt I can tolerate the bare minimum ie .5mg to make a diff.
    If its an absolute necessity then I may be forced to try again but I would need a lot of advice from people in a similar position with regards to toleration.

This scaremongering bollox doesnt help either.
    Be careful with propecia man. Personally I would just shave it off If I had to take propecia with a transplant.

Some doctors don't require you to take propecia like Dr. Woods.

Look into them.