+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    One of the top PRP devices is called the "Angel" and it produces accurate PRP formulas. Even though there was a recent triple price increase for the Angel disposable cartridges, a PRP treatment should not be priced higher than the $1,600 range anywhere. $1,600 is a high end price which should include ACell. The benefits of these stand alone treatments usually last for about a year. $3,500 is way too much to pay for PRP treatment unless there's something here I'm missing. I have never heard of the full benefits of PRP/ACell treatment lasting as long as you were quoted.
    [/I]
    Thanks for the good info 35Yrs, the cost difference is what I noticed reading around too. I thought it was just the usual sticker shock of anything you buy in Manhattan, but I also found a "Dr. Wise" way deep in New Jersey who does the procedure and his office quoted $3000, also needed only once for a few years.

In any case here's the Prasad page talking about the Acell, for what it's worth.
    http://nyhairloss.com/hair-regenerat...-amiya-prasad/

"Upon reviewing treatment data, Dr. Amiya Prasad’s Hair Regeneration treatment has shown to be effective in 99% of male pattern hair loss patients and about 80% of female pattern hair loss patients."

That's total BS percentages right there, except he really does seem positively regarded around the internet, so not sure what to make of this yet.

Doctor Representative 35YrsAfter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ponder View Post
    Thanks for the good info 35Yrs, the cost difference is what I noticed reading around too. I thought it was just the usual sticker shock of anything you buy in Manhattan, but I also found a "Dr. Wise" way deep in New Jersey who does the procedure and his office quoted $3000, also needed only once for a few years.

In any case here's the Prasad page talking about the Acell, for what it's worth.
    http://nyhairloss.com/hair-regenerat...-amiya-prasad/

"Upon reviewing treatment data, Dr. Amiya Prasad’s Hair Regeneration treatment has shown to be effective in 99% of male pattern hair loss patients and about 80% of female pattern hair loss patients."

That's total BS percentages right there, except he really does seem positively regarded around the internet, so not sure what to make of this yet.
    I don't have confidence in his claims or his photos. IMO, the optimal "cure" for male pattern baldness will come at a future date in the form of a type of gene therapy. I am more and more convinced that DHT causes multiple problems that inhibit healthy hair growth in areas of scalp genetically predisposed to hair loss. Men with hair loss shouldn't place their hopes on any one currently available treatment. Our patient who has been using dutasteride for years along with Rogaine foam, experienced the best result from stand-alone ACell/PRP treatment, I have seen to date. His HairCheck numbers indicate a significant improvement.

I shot a video of our patient immediately after one of his treatments where he offers his impression of his PRP results:

VIDEO HERE

35YrsAfter also posts as CITNews and works at Dr. Cole's office - forhair.com - Cole Hair Transplant, 1045 Powers Place, Alpharetta, Georgia 30009 - Phone 678-566-1011 - email 35YrsAfter at chuck@forhair.com
    The contents of my posts are my opinions and not medical advice
    Please feel free to call or email me with any questions. Ask for Chuck

Default similar experience as Feartheloss, Stocione and Justinian

I had crp/prp done with Greco late December of 2014. My hairloss is very similar to that described by Feartheloss. NW2-3 with some thinning, but nothing the untrained eye would be able to detect. Right after the treatment I had faith in the prp/crp as my shedding was reduced substantially. Again, one may wonder if that was me being overly enthusiastic as Greco is such a likeable character and he is very knowledgeable in the field of regenerative medicine. But I like to think not, as I am a nitpicker and very rational in my approach to hair loss treatments. But now, 6 weeks after treatment I have to say I am not overly impressed by my results. As of the last 3 days my shedding has not been very intense, but I would say about 2 weeks ago my shedding was fairly substantial. I am not expecting results this early, but it just seems logical to me that the shedding would halt a reasonable amount and that the texture of my hair would be healthier looking than what it is now. I am not taking any other medications, supplements or topicals either.
    I would like to stay in contact with you guys as we all seem to share comparable results and similar views.

Quote Originally Posted by Tooyoungforbalding View Post
    I had crp/prp done with Greco late December of 2014. My hairloss is very similar to that described by Feartheloss. NW2-3 with some thinning, but nothing the untrained eye would be able to detect. Right after the treatments I had faith in the prp/crp as my shedding was reduced substantially. Again, one may wonder if that was me being overly enthusiastic as Greco is such a likeable character and he is very knowledgeable in the field of regenerative medicine. But I like to think not, as I am a nitpicker and very rational in my approach to hair loss treatments. But now, 6 weeks after treatment I have to say I am not overly impressed by my results. As of the last 3 days my shedding has not been very intense, but I would say about 2 weeks ago my shedding was fairly substantial. I am not expecting results this early, but it just seems logical to me that the shedding would halt a reasonable amount and that the texture of my hair would be healthier looking than what it is now. I am not taking any other medications, supplements or topicals either.
    I would like to stay in contact with you guys as we all seem to share comparable results and similar views.
    You are supposed to see results at around the 4 month mark. That is normal for all hair loss treatments, including minoxidil and finasteride.

Shedding is also normal and often a sign a treatment is working. I'm at the 9 week mark and I've been shedding a lot of small fine hairs. Overall no increase or decrease in density that I notice. I'm hoping the shedding is a sign of it working though.

I just had my aunt who's a physician give me a PRP treatment with Acell this time. It's been 10 days and I'm shedding LIKE CRAZY. Hopefully this is a good sign.

The crpi had done at Greco didn't give me any noticeable regrowth, however it did stop the itching in my head and it may have slowed my loss down. I'll continue to get PRP 1-2 more times before I make my final judgement. Dr Greco said it usually takes a few times before miniaturization can be reversed. Hopefully he is right.

Updates to come.

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    I just had my aunt who's a physician give me a PRP treatment with Acell this time. It's been 10 days and I'm shedding LIKE CRAZY. Hopefully this is a good sign.

The crpi had done at Greco didn't give me any noticeable regrowth, however it did stop the itching in my head and it may have slowed my loss down. I'll continue to get PRP 1-2 more times before I make my final judgement. Dr Greco said it usually takes a few times before miniaturization can be reversed. Hopefully he is right.

Updates to come.
    Thanks for the update! Please keep us informed =D

Quote Originally Posted by hellouser View Post
    Thanks for the update! Please keep us informed =D
    No problem, and remember PRP therapy is pretty much my only treatment. I still use minox (have been for 2 years now) but it has never given me any regrowth and I continued to lose ground on it. Fin at low doses (tried three different times) gave me sexual sides I'm still suffering from. I've never had sides from any other drug I've used in my life except fin.

Quote Originally Posted by LMS View Post
    Those statements seem to be supported by the results of the AAPE study. Thanks for keeping us in the loop.
    AAPE is not the same thing as PRP or CRP.You can't apply the results of one to another.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Why would you get them so close together? I don't think you're going to benefit from that and it sure is expensive.
    I think that if it works at all he would probably get better results if he got them close together.

For example, it looks like Histogen works better with repeat treatment dates and it looks like in the AAPE study they did the treatments more often than every 6 or 8 months. I also think that in healthy the follicles are receiving the growth factors more often than once per 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by 35YrsAfter View Post
    exactamundo

Chuck
    Chuck, the problem with PRP and CRP is that neither contain all of the correct growth factors and proteins. AAPE and Histogen are the correct growth factors and proteins but a few years ago I read about what is inside of PRP and CRP and neither contain the correct growth factors and proteins. For example, the article I read said that there are none of the key Wnts in either PRP or CRP. You can't just use any ole growth factors and proteins; it has to be the right growth factors and proteins.

Since the correct growth factors and proteins are not inside of CRP or PRP I'm highly skeptical of both.