+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default PRP AND ACELL FOR "maintenance"

What doctors are the most knowledgable and experienced when it comes to PRP to keep existing hair? If any doctors are reading this, what are your success rates? and lastly, has any member here seen benefits from this treatment?

FTL

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    What doctors are the most knowledgable and experienced when it comes to PRP to keep existing hair? If any doctors are reading this, what are your success rates? and lastly, has any member here seen benefits from this treatment?

FTL
    I searched PRP in my area and one of the doctors sites it said he stopped using it because of unsatisfactory results...Found it interesting.

http://www.drrobertjones.com/

This doctor seems to have success with it...

http://prasadcosmeticsurgery.com/pra...ll-technology/

Had it done in January. Does absolutely nothing.

I also went to a well-respected doctor in this field to have it done. The results were non-existent and it was a waste of $1k.

I've had multiple prp sessions done with Dr Greco in Florida. They are not at all worthless in my opinion, but they're also not a miracle cure. I generally notice a small shed after each treatment, followed by thicker, higher quality hair and less shedding over the next several months. I have also maintained most of my hair since quitting finasteride over 3 years ago and I use no other meds. Is this all due to PRP or is it just my genetics? Who knows, but I will keep getting treatments twice a year until something better comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    I've had multiple prp sessions done with Dr Greco in Florida. They are not at all worthless in my opinion, but they're also not a miracle cure. I generally notice a small shed after each treatment, followed by thicker, higher quality hair and less shedding over the next several months. I have also maintained most of my hair since quitting finasteride over 3 years ago and I use no other meds. Is this all due to PRP or is it just my genetics? Who knows, but I will keep getting treatments twice a year until something better comes along.
    How much does it cost you?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan26 View Post
    How much does it cost you?
    He gives me a deal since I've been going to him for so long. It's still close to a grand. I'm not sure what his standard rate is.

Quote Originally Posted by ryan555 View Post
    Went to the same doctor (Dr. Greco) and had the same procedure. Prior to the injections, what turned me off was all the applications he showed me PRP was proven to work for...but failed to really show me anything in regards to the treatment of MPB. I wasn't impressed and it turned me off.

He stated 4 months to see results well it's 6 and I haven't seen anything. It's not worth it in my opinion for $1k. Total waste of money. It didn't even thicken my existing hair...

Quote Originally Posted by StayThick View Post
    Went to the same doctor (Dr. Greco) and had the same procedure. Prior to the injections, what turned me off was all the applications he showed me PRP was proven to work for...but failed to really show me anything in regards to the treatment of MPB. I wasn't impressed and it turned me off.

He stated 4 months to see results well it's 6 and I haven't seen anything. It's not worth it in my opinion for $1k. Total waste of money. It didn't even thicken my existing hair...
    Have you lost more hair though? I just want to maintain, I don't care about regrowth..

Quote Originally Posted by FearTheLoss View Post
    Have you lost more hair though? I just want to maintain, I don't care about regrowth..

It can be an effective but very expensive maintenance tool. If you are constantly reversing the most recent minor miniaturization you can maintain even if you aren't directly addressing the issue as you would with Fin.
    I've had Acell+PRP and it has minor value.
    The problem with a lot of these "scam" treatments is in the presentation.

If someone sells you honey to rub on your head and regrow your hair they are flat scamming you.

With other treatments there is an extremely minor benefit but the problem is that they are 'scammish' in terms of how they are presented.
    The problem is that a lot of people offer acell+prp and throw out of a bunch of buzzwords like "stem cells", "regeneration" "progenitor cells" and give off the impression that it is some sort of next generation treatment.
    It can improve the color and health of your hair. And can thicken up some of your intermediate caliber (weak terminal) hairs but is only going to grow back a small number of badly miniaturized hair if at all.
    Basically if you have crap hair going in, you'll have crap hair six months later.

Good candidate for Acell/PRP:
    -In a reasonably good financial situation and willing to spend a lot to get a little.
    -Completely satisfied by maintenance alone. Anything else would be a bonus.

Bad candidate:
    -Money is tight. Has very little to invest in their hair.
    -Desperately looking for something that will fundamentally change how they look.