+ Reply to Thread

Default Weird HT trial, wounded skin neogenesis for AA?

Efficacy of Hair Transplantation Compared with Needle

ID Number 08-0533

Description

"The purpose of this study is to investigate the effectiveness of hair transplantation, versus the transplant technique without actual hair transplantation (i.e. scalp irritation) in the treatment of alopecia areata of the scalp. Those in the hair transplant group will have a small area of the scalp with active hair follicles removed. The affected area will receive a transplant, which will be prepared by creating tiny holes with a needle or blade followed by the placing of a graft. Those in the scalp irritation group will have the areas affected with alopecia areta stimulated like that of the transplant group, but without a graft."

http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/clinical-trials/08-0533

So it's for AA, but they are trying wound neogenesis here right?

Quote Originally Posted by lacazette View Post
    Efficacy of Hair Transplantation Compared with Needle

ID Number 08-0533

Description

"The purpose of this study is to investigate the effectiveness of hair transplantation, versus the transplant technique without actual hair transplantation (i.e. scalp irritation) in the treatment of alopecia areata of the scalp. Those in the hair transplant group will have a small area of the scalp with active hair follicles removed. The affected area will receive a transplant, which will be prepared by creating tiny holes with a needle or blade followed by the placing of a graft. Those in the scalp irritation group will have the areas affected with alopecia areta stimulated like that of the transplant group, but without a graft."

http://icahn.mssm.edu/research/clinical-trials/08-0533

So it's for AA, but they are trying wound neogenesis here right?
    Shocking.

The purpose of this study is to look at the safety, as well as the efficacy of hair transplantation compared with irritation with hypodermic needles in the treatment of subjects with refractory alopecia areata.

With this study, the investigators hope to demonstrate that trauma is just as effective as hair transplant in the treatment of recalcitrant alopecia areata of the scalp.

as effective?

Well if they show it's as effective, i'm sure if you add growth factors, or wnt pathway activation, after that skin trauma it could give results even for mpb (follica)

Wounding sends growth factors to wounded area. Promotes WNT signaling and the formation of new blood vessels. This is similar to the dermaroller + Rogaine study. This is part of my approach to grow my hair back along with "Brown Fat" formation. I am trying to bring my scalp health back to the state it was in when I had a full head of hair. I'm seeing pretty great results so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic View Post
    Wounding sends growth factors to wounded area. Promotes WNT signaling and the formation of new blood vessels. This is similar to the dermaroller + Rogaine study. This is part of my approach to grow my hair back along with "Brown Fat" formation. I am trying to bring my scalp health back to the state it was in when I had a full head of hair. I'm seeing pretty great results so far.
    Can you elaborate on your approach(es)? What's this about "brown fat"? What's the connection to hair loss and what are you doing to encourage it?

Also, what are the "great results" you're seeing?

Genuinely curious -- if you're on to something then you have to share. Pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by baldymcgee View Post
    Can you elaborate on your approach(es)? What's this about "brown fat"? What's the connection to hair loss and what are you doing to encourage it?

Also, what are the "great results" you're seeing?

Genuinely curious -- if you're on to something then you have to share. Pretty please
    Hi just saw your question, "Brown Fat" is a layer of fat that was thought to not exist in grown adults until researchers found the Eskimo peoples still had it.(if you notice, Eskimos all have a full head of hair) Cold temps signal the body to create brown fat. Brown fat is brown because it is filled with blood vessels. It's function is to control body temperatures in cold weather. Research has shown a link between this Fat and hair, the areas of our scalp that don't have hair also don't have brown fat, areas that do have hair have brown fat. It is thought the blood vessels in brown fat provide hair follicles with nutrition.
    I take cold showers to activate the formation of Brown fat, I also take supplements that help in the formation of blood vessels. I do a lot of natural things but to list them all, I don't have time right now. I will post my everything in 2 weeks when I reach the 3 month mark of my Derma/Rogaine trail.

I posted a couple of pics in another thread, here's a link if you'd like to see the results I'm seeing.
    https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/thread...ht=#post213440