+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 210 FirstFirst ... 37 77 85 86 87 88 89 97 137 187 ... LastLast

Thread: Replicel

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby_ View Post
    Personally, if it works as expected, I can't see it becoming a high-demand treatment until its costs is comparable to that of, say, Lasik surgery or a more modest-priced hair transplant.

(Then there's the factor that, IMO, the general public may be very much sceptical of any hairloss treatment that promises so much. That's if it work/ever becomes widely available, of course.)
    I like the comparison with LASIK. It's one I've used before too. LASIK has only really been around since 92 and even then it was only a few select guys offering it. Not sure when it got big. I'd guess not until the noughties but I'm not sure. I had it done at the age of almost 24 in 2010. Best thing ever.

So I wonder how long it would take for a Replicel or Aderans to become common place. 2 years? 5 years? 10 years after it launches?

I see no way that Replicel can come to market before 2017 unfortunately. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Follicle Death Row View Post
    I like the comparison with LASIK. It's one I've used before too. LASIK has only really been around since 92 and even then it was only a few select guys offering it. Not sure when it got big. I'd guess not until the noughties but I'm not sure. I had it done at the age of almost 24 in 2010. Best thing ever.

So I wonder how long it would take for a Replicel or Aderans to become common place. 2 years? 5 years? 10 years after it launches?

I see no way that Replicel can come to market before 2017 unfortunately. Sincerely hope I'm wrong.
    i believe if it restored a full head of hair...transplant surgeons in all coutries will be rallying to get this treatment in thier clinics.

Cost is a significant factor as well...hope it is affordable.

Inactive

Post All 19 Subjects in RepliCel’s Clinical Trial Complete Six-Month Follow-up

RepliCel Life Sciences Inc. is pleased to report that all 19 subjects have completed their six-month post injection follow-up visit and the company remains on schedule to release the initial review of efficacy results in April 2012. The data collected from the first six months following injection will be used for assessment of the primary safety and secondary safety and efficacy endpoints for the TS001-2009 clinical trial.

http://www.replicel.com/all-19-subje...llow-up-visit/

what i see from this new notice is that april is fixed for the anouncement , no delay is on their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by kaandereli View Post
    what i see from this new notice is that april is fixed for the anouncement , no delay is on their minds.
    Yeah, these guys know they have cracked it.

Otherwise they wouldn't be so hasty in making an announcement.

Inactive

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by yeahyeahyeah View Post
    Yeah, these guys know they have cracked it. Otherwise they wouldn't be so hasty in making an announcement.
    Since Replicel's definition of a "successful" trial is "no side effects" (even if there's less than 10% hair regrowth), it's pretty much a given that they would be expecting to make a positive announcement.

Default Continued Trend

I may be reading tea leaves a bit here, but so be it.

Just as I suspected, there is more back and forth information exchange than was initially let on between Replicel and the Independent Clinical Research Organization (ICRO). It is not like at the end of April, a sealed envelope is sent over to Replicel, and they eagerly open it with as much anticipation as a second grader opening a package on Christmas morning.

"In March and throughout the month of April 2012, the TS001-2009 study team will be retrieving data from the study centre in Tbilisi, Georgia and sending it to an independent clinical research organization data management team in Munich, Germany.". So, we have 2 study teams, the second of which is probably able to communicate with Replicel. So, it is my hypothesis that Replicel has been holding a good chunk of the research data and results since the time their scientists ceased responding on Facebook, which was about early/mid March because they had more important things to do.

It is my personal theory and opinion that Replicel has been presented with positive findings because their two recent press releases were not really of the required-type.

1) They released a PR news event for a private equity placement. They hadn't done this before based upon my looking for similar transactions that took place in 2011. They didn't need to release this one, either. If they were holding bad results, they would be holding a lower profile and not going out of their way with press releases.

2) While this recent press release was nice, I am not really seeing why it was needed. Again, I believe it is evidence of Replicel holding positive results and trying to be in media light as much as possible. I learned something new, and may have just missed it was explained elsewhere earlier, but they have two independent clinical research teams, one to do the study and the second to review the results.

One question is on my mind is whether or not 6 months is enough, and will positive hair growth be shown at 12 months and 24 months as well in a continued trend?

Quote Originally Posted by Gjm127 View Post
    What if you get a Replicel treatment in that area? The dormant cells would activate (OVER?) the newly implanted ones? You'll have some sort of disproportion in that area... It wouldn't be like your natural hairline.
    yeah that's exactly what would happen although I read that the miniaturized follicles around the area where they made a transplant get permanently damaged because of that.....

Who knows what news Replicel will bring. Could be nothing could be something great. I don't expect much but I hope it will be good news. Maybe I will have hair again going into my 30's.

I'm not concerned about having an abnormally dense area from Replicel if you have had a previous hair transplant, only so many epithelial cells can specialize into hair follicles. What I am concerned about and would like to hear from Replicel about is how a transplant affects the dormant hair follicles. If hair follicles don't die, but only go dormant, and Replicel revives these follicles, how do the incisions from a hair transplant affect the dormant follicles? When the incisions are made in the recipient area do they kill the dormant cells making it impossible to revive them with a technique like Replicel's? Even if Replicel is an outright cure, I'm not sure I can wait, but I'm concerned whether or not a hair transplant might render Replicel's procedure useless.