Closed Thread
Page 63 of 187 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63 64 65 73 113 163 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    what are your credentials breakbot? are you a science professor at harvard? oh, youre not? I didnt think so.
    Ha ha very clever!! Well, i am a doctor and i have a nice cure called 5756ret. It has been shown to be effective on elephants and i'm absolutely sure for human effectiveness too. I'm sure you will believe it and attack to every member with a basic knowledge of hairloss .

Some people here like to be mr. "Know it All" and be able to say "i told you so" later when something doesn't work. Odds are in their favor because not too many things have worked lately, so they keep chanting their disapproval and doubts just so they can feel high and mighty later. C'mon we know this might not work...we get it. Just calm down and let it take it's course...time will tell.

Thank you Devon for your efforts and determination, and your politeness in sharing the knowledge. Your success will be our dream come true. Here's to hope...

Quote Originally Posted by breakbot View Post
    Ha ha very clever!! Well, i am a doctor and i have a nice cure called 5756ret. It has been shown to be effective on elephants and i'm absolutely sure for human effectiveness too. I'm sure you will believe it and attack to every member with a basic knowledge of hairloss .
    My issue is with your claim that IGF is meaningless. Don't make such claims if you don't have sufficent understanding, because then you are just degrading this forum.

lol your elephant thing is actually kind of funny... That they didn't test on humans.. I agree that is a large reason for concern lol

Quote Originally Posted by stayhopeful View Post
    My issue is with your claim that IGF is meaningless. Don't make such claims if you don't have sufficent understanding, because then you are just degrading this forum.

lol your elephant thing is actually kind of funny... That they didn't test on humans.. I agree that is a large reason for concern lol
    Ok maybe you could teach me.
    What makes you thing that topical igf1 is going to make dp cells respond?
    Even when someone's igf1 is in high levels they don't. You don't know what you are talking about, serious.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesst11 View Post
    O.K. first off, I would like to say that I myself have a masters in molecular and cellular bio, have published research and worked in a lab for a couple years... doing research, in many respects, similar in protocol to the stuff "follicept" is doing... IT MAKES NO SENSE that this would be a scam, not at all. Is it possible that they prematurely think they are onto a breakthrough that may end up being nothing, yes. But they admit the possibility of negative results. Once again, IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO SENSE, for a reputable laboratory, one not even involved primarily in hair loss science, to come onto a forum and day after day try to manipulate people into buying some snake oil product. I can't believe this thread is 62 pages long and most of the posts have accomplished nothing, but racket back and forth about whether this will work or not. Give it a break. YOU DON'T KNOW THIS WON'T WORK. YOU DON'T KNOW THIS WILL WORK. WAIT AND SEE. As much research as y'all have done, YOU ARE NOT TRAINED SCIENTISTS. One thing I have learned working in the lab, is that in a given protocol, a single microliter off and your results may fail. You don't know specifically what their formulations are and the effect on the cells it will have.
    +1

I'm very doubtful this stuff will work because nothing works and because they may not get the exact right amount of active ingredient to the exact right spot and because reversing hair loss may require their proposed active ingredient plus other active ingredient(s). Still, I do think that there is a small chance that it might actually work. Again, I strongly doubt it, but I do think there is a VERY slim chance that it might work.

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Tears are running over my face. Anyone can easily get recombinant human IGF-1 at very cheap prices nowadays. DNA technology has come a far way it isn't the year 2000 anymore. A simple hollow microneedle array will do for delivery. We'll see who will have the last laugh anyway. I'll await your answer, thanks.

One last question btw and I'll leave you alone and this topic; So you promise to everyone that in the assumption that it doesn't work effectively, you won't launch it to market? Or will you launch it to market anyway before having conclusive evidence that it actually does work?

Wouldn't it be a idea that when you get your first vial(s) of IGF-1 you ship the formulation out to a few users here on the forum to let them asses the effectiveness? For me, and I think for everyone that would be independent testing. Don't worry you don't have to send it to me. Just send it to objective members here like FearTheloss, KO1, BoSoX etc.

Can you elaborate on that?

I agree that if it does not work then it should not be brought to market. I'm not saying that they should necessarily give up on it because it might need tweaking to make it work (adding more growth factors such as WNTs or whatnot) but they shouldn't market it unless they get it to work.

I can't wait for the results of the trials. Not only to see whether it actually works or not, also to see this thread exploding with "I told you so!"

Even when someone's igf1 is in high levels they don't. You don't know what you are talking about, serious.
    Igf-1 is enough for beard to grow like crazy, so it's not that igf-1 is useless but it's all about the receptor, i'd say it can do something for hairs our receptor doens't work the same way for everybody, to some people it can really works, i just want to see the trials so we can end this speculation

i found this article http://www.nature.com/jidsp/journal/.../5640206a.html 10 years old, look at that occipital scalp expression, **** our life i want a body made of occipital scalp, the ultimate hairy dream

and this http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8...ct&holding=npg

This is how I understand it.
    Bald mice treated with insulin don't grow hair.
    Bald mice treated with insulin + new vehicle grow hair.
    Will it work on humans ? We don't know.
    Why new delivery method works better than injection ? We don't know.

What the heck is going on in this thread? I don't understand 70% of posts in here.. what's the point of them? Let the guys from the Prometheon Pharma do their work and all of you haters and trolls just be quiet.. if it won't work it won't work. How hard it is to understand that?

Devon, aside from scalp hair testing do also a test with photos on let's say the hair on fingers (minoxidil works great on them.. works great on my fingers too unfortunately).

Why? Some people have really big problems recognizing hair density (or any other effect on hair like increased thickness, darker color etc) of the scalp from multiple photos so they can claim if positive effects happen that "hair appears thicker because the hair is longer than before" and etc. Seen this crap happen even on long proven minoxidil.