+ Reply to Thread

Default Good Hair Thickening Shampoos

I was using Nexxus Diametress Volumizing Shampoo for a while and although I had less hair fall using this, it really didn't make my hair look any thicker. I tried Neutrogena Volumizing Shampoo recently and although the initial results were that my hair looked thicker, the results aren't as great now. What are some other good hair volumizing shampoos that make a person's hair look thicker and fuller?

I have tried and liked Progaine and Aveeno's Nourish+ Volumize shampoo and conditioner.

Have you thought about trying DermMatch? If you have enough hair for volumizers to work for you, you probably have more than enough hair for DermMatch to work it's wonders for you.

http://dermmatch.com/

Thanks Tracy. I tried Progaine when I first started losing my hair (to thicken up the hair I had) but it didn't work all that we for me. I'm gonna try the Aveeno shampoo too. As much as I'd really hate to "paint my head", that Dermmatch looks interesting. Can that be bought at any store or does it need to be ordered?

I ordered DermMatch directly from their website but I have recently discovered that you can buy it at some Walmart stores - or use the site to store service.

Being a red head I did have difficulty matching my hair color but that is sorted out now. Dermmatch's "red" is actually clown hair orange, so that just didn't work at all. My doctor suggested I try light brown and that actually worked. It blended right in and still looks red. How? I have no idea. It just does. You can't even tell I've got it in my hair - and it adds the density I needed. It stay puts when I work out. It doesn't matter if I get caught in the rain. It's a wonderful product. It is rather expensive and I do not yet know how long a compact will last but I don't use very much so it looks like one compact will last me quite a long while.

IAHRS Recommended Hair Transplant Surgeon Dr. Glenn Charles's Avatar

I really question whether any shampoo can even give the appearence of more volume. I do think that most of the volumizing shampoos do not have any effect on the volume a persons hair.
    Dr. Glenn Charles
    Member, International Alliance of Hair Restoration Surgeons
    View my IAHRS Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy C View Post

Have you thought about trying DermMatch? If you have enough hair for volumizers to work for you, you probably have more than enough hair for DermMatch to work it's wonders for you.

http://dermmatch.com/
    Thanks Stacy, I just bought this today. Hopefully it will works on my minor thinning.

I was just going to say something, but Dr Glenn Charles stole it right out of my keyboard. Shampoos, at best, will give you the appearance of thicker hair, but your hair is not really thicker. Other times it does nothing.

One thing I can say is, as a shampoo user, shampoo will not make your MPB any worse either. Just buy a good one, not one with harsh chemicals in it. Just to keep the hair you do have on your head, as healthy as possible.