+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: FUE into scar

Just buzz it, thank you for your reply. Yes, the SMP fads over time and has to be redone every two to three years. That’s why I was looking into a more permanent solution like FUE into the scars. I realize the scar is going to be there but I was hopping to make it look as best as possible. Do you feel the FUE has helped at all? Don’t want to waste time and money if it didn’t help. Appreciate the help. I can also send some pics of the before and after SMP if you want. I feel the SMP really helped.

Quote Originally Posted by dmeyer8 View Post
    Just buzz it, thank you for your reply. Yes, the SMP fads over time and has to be redone every two to three years. That’s why I was looking into a more permanent solution like FUE into the scars. I realize the scar is going to be there but I was hopping to make it look as best as possible. Do you feel the FUE has helped at all? Don’t want to waste time and money if it didn’t help. Appreciate the help. I can also send some pics of the before and after SMP if you want. I feel the SMP really helped.
    The FUE has helped with the appearance of the scar when cutting it with a 1/4" size clip. You can post your photos on this thread if you'd like, or start your own if you haven't already.

I don't think I will ever do SMP.

Default SMP pic

Smp picClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1863.JPG

Size:	56.9 KB
ID:	57029

The scar is visible even from that distance. It's difficult to tell if the scar is from ear to ear or ear to just middle (because of the distance) I'd love to see a close up of the back of your head (because never say never when it comes to getting SMP)

Back to your original question. I don't know if doing FUE into the scar will be a better choice than the SMP you're currently doing. The thing is that it's all about density when it comes to FUE.

You have to remember that if you do FUE, the donor area will thin out and you will have tiny little "mothball" dots on your head as if someone shot a mini shotgun at your head.
    So in order to replicate the SMP effect many hairs will need to be removed to get the same even density.

If you take a look at the photo above it shows the density between 20 and 40 follicular units.

I don't necessarily it was a total waste of money to do the FUE procedure. I'm fairly satisfied with the result however I didn't have expectations that the scar would disappear all together either. Whether I decide to do another FUE procedure or not is undetermined at this point.

I think that if you're wanting it to do the same thing SMP does, you'll be disappointed. FUE was created so people don't have massive scars from ear to ear like I do. I don't recall if the place I went to even offered FUE at the time I had my HTs done. That was approx. 14-16 years ago.

I've attached the following photos which I took just now. I cut my hair with a 1/4# clip yesterday.

Same pose just less light

Thank you for the pictures. I actually have two scars from two separate procedures. The lower one is near my neck and the upper one is higher up and its ear to ear. The same as yours. It is the one you probably see most easily. Yes, you can still see them but I am learning to not care and enjoy life. The SMP makes it more tolerable for me and my wife and kids need me to be happy and motivated for life. I allowed early hair loss to effect me when I was young (when it shouldn't have) and I am not willing to let it continue to effect me via scars.

The reason I went the SMP route is because it is minimally invasive and I am not willing to allow anyone to touch any more donor hair. My original donor hair is the ONLY thing I still like about my hair and I will not let anyone take from it further.

If I did FUE into the scar I was considering to let them use the transplanted hair from up top since it could use repair anyway. In a sense, reverse the whole process and go with a bald scalp up top. I don't have enough confidence on how the scalp will look at this point to commit to it nor how much it will improve the scar. Therefore, SMP is the safest step for me at this point.

I will say that the SMP improved the texture of the scar as well as the color. It kind of had a micro-needling effect to smooth it out more than it was before. My wife really noticed this too.

YOUR scar actually looks pretty good. I think the SMP on top of the FUE will really make it disappear with the way you clip it. May look even better totally shaved. You could even SMP the FUE dots out. I really think your in great shape and would be excited to see how you like it.

I may just use SMP until cloning becomes available and I can fix all of this with minimal donor hair. It will probably be a while but in the mean time I will use what I can. I really believe they will get the cloning thing to market in the next 10 years. There are so many advances on the cell level. If you would have told me 40 years ago that we could face-time others on a cell phone I would have laughed (only on Dick Tracey). lol. Now it is a reality.

I have posted the close ups. I will post the before SMP pics shortly for comparison.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1850.jpg

Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	57134   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1852.jpg

Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	57135   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1859.JPG

Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	57136  

My question too, have you considered SMP or PRP? Also, free grafts are not to be looked at as a negative thing, Frequently more grafts are harvested than thought, most docs give you the excess. What would you like us to do? throw away your tissue or put it where it could be of use? Sorry, I dont get that part.

Hello Hairlossjedi,

was your comment directed at me? I am currently doing SMP.

Thank you for the pictures. I actually have two scars from two separate procedures. The lower one is near my neck and the upper one is higher up and its ear to ear. The same as yours. It is the one you probably see most easily. Yes, you can still see them but I am learning to not care and enjoy life. The SMP makes it more tolerable for me and my wife and kids need me to be happy and motivated for life. I allowed early hair loss to effect me when I was young (when it shouldn't have) and I am not willing to let it continue to effect me via scars.

The reason I went the SMP route is because it is minimally invasive and I am not willing to allow anyone to touch any more donor hair. My original donor hair is the ONLY thing I still like about my hair and I will not let anyone take from it further.

If I did FUE into the scar I was considering to let them use the transplanted hair from up top since it could use repair anyway. In a sense, reverse the whole process and go with a bald scalp up top. I don't have enough confidence on how the scalp will look at this point to commit to it nor how much it will improve the scar. Therefore, SMP is the safest step for me at this point.

I will say that the SMP improved the texture of the scar as well as the color. It kind of had a micro-needling effect to smooth it out more than it was before. My wife really noticed this too.

YOUR scar actually looks pretty good. I think the SMP on top of the FUE will really make it disappear with the way you clip it. May look even better totally shaved. You could even SMP the FUE dots out. I really think your in great shape and would be excited to see how you like it.

I may just use SMP until cloning becomes available and I can fix all of this with minimal donor hair. It will probably be a while but in the mean time I will use what I can. I really believe they will get the cloning thing to market in the next 10 years. There are so many advances on the cell level. If you would have told me 40 years ago that we could face-time others on a cell phone I would have laughed (only on Dick Tracey). lol. Now it is a reality.

I have posted the close ups. I will post the before SMP pics shortly for comparison.
    You scars look pretty with the SMP.

If you FUE'd the transplanted hair on top, you'd end up having the white dots on the top of you head.

I wouldn't hold your breath on hair cloning. I've been reading about hair cloning since 2008 when I first read "10 years away". 12 years later and it's still "10 years away".

FUE into the scar would ultimately be your choice. Speaking to Doctors who do the procedure may be your best route. At the end of the day it only cost me $4k. Like I said, I'm fairly satisfied with the results however I didn't really know what to expect when I had it done. There really isn't any photos of FUE into scar online that I could find, so I thought I'd be the first one to put them out in case others were looking into the same thing.

There aren't any reputable SMP clinics in my location and I don't want to travel a far distance to one either. I'm still wary about the procedure as I'm terrified of the ink turning into blue blobs.

Hi
    Thank you for posting pics and your story. Much appreciate your transparency and courage.
    I saw you mentioned being ok with a quick call. May I have you email to exchange #’s? I feel really lost right now and need help.

Quote Originally Posted by JasperT View Post
    Hi
    Thank you for posting pics and your story. Much appreciate your transparency and courage.
    I saw you mentioned being ok with a quick call. May I have you email to exchange #’s? I feel really lost right now and need help.
    Hi, we can chat on this tread if you'd like.