+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Hey Desmond, it's always great to see you here on the forums. You're really the only reason I come on here anymore as I trust your opinion and character more than anyone else. I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. I see that PRP has demonstrated that it can regrow hair albeit very minimally. I've heard banter that the right amounts of chemicals and ingredients need to be used to achieve maximum effectiveness. Do you have any opinions on what concentrations of each growth factor should be used? Since PRP does not need rigorous FDA clinical trials, the right mixture of it could really help us right now.

2. This may seem very simplistic. But minoxidil is a very weak vasodilator, hence it achieves minimal regrowth if any at all. In theory, do you think a stronger vasodilator could achieve maximum regrowth? Maybe another vasodilator used for another condition that could be compounded into a topical by a pharmacist.

Again, great to see you here, Desmond. We all love you bro!

Quote Originally Posted by JayM View Post
    I haven't seen arashi about since all that follicept stuff. He didn't seem in a good place tbh. But I think whoever it is if you can organise interviews like last year then that's the key. I'm sure Desmond will be more than happy to help in terms of the best way to do that
    The follicept ("safe, effective, affordable") thread got me into moderation queue and visiting this forum while you're in that mode, really takes away all the fun, so I lost interest. But I just saw that they removed it again, so let the good times begin haha

Anyway, yes, I organized it last year and found Desmond willing to go and I did the major part of the financing. I'm quite busy with some other stuff in my life but if you guys get someone to go, I'll be happy to drop in some money again.

Hello guys, we are getting very close to the congress date but haven't organize like last year to bring a senior member to event

Hellouser, are you willing to come to the congress? I think you can do it as good as Desmond did last time in Korea...if you are I'm willing to contribute and I know many others will as well

Desmond, arashi or lacazette.

Quote Originally Posted by efedrez View Post
    Hello guys, we are getting very close to the congress date but haven't organize like last year to bring a senior member to event

Hellouser, are you willing to come to the congress? I think you can do it as good as Desmond did last time in Korea...if you are I'm willing to contribute and I know many others will as well
    Why don't you go? It's around the corner for you. Just record the presentations for us like Desmond did?

We're a little over 2 months from the hair congress. We need to work it out with someone that interviews get done and videos get made of the presentations. I vote for Hellouser because he's dedicated to the cause, he's smart enough to do it right, and he's skilled enough with video technology that we can count on him. If it's Hellouser I'll chip in but I'm not chipping in one cent for Arishi because he's too extreme, and he isn't smart or skilled enough.

hellouser is a MUST (if he wants to go).
    i think a 2nd person would be useful too, as desmond mentioned it's hard to keep up with all the presentations. if we can fund one person, we can also fund two.
    hellouser, are you ready to go? if so, please create an account, and tell us how much you need for flight, hotel, and visitors pass for the congress.

if someone lives near miami, then please raise your voice.

otherwise, some good candidates:

lacazette, would you be interested? are you from france?

also, JayM maybe?

arashi would also be good of course (no matter what nameless aka jarjarbinx is saying. he has a personal vendetta against arashi, so this doesn't mean anything).

If we're going to send two people then I recommend:

Hellouser & Lacazette or Hellouser and efedrez.

We need to get this in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    Send a guy who constantly posts about researchers being 'lazy', to talk to the researchers. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by joachim View Post
    i think a 2nd person would be useful too, as desmond mentioned it's hard to keep up with all the presentations. if we can fund one person, we can also fund two.
    hellouser, are you ready to go? if so, please create an account, and tell us how much you need for flight, hotel, and visitors pass for the congress.
    - Round trip flight would probably be around $600 from Toronto.
    - Access to the Congress is $775 (very expensive, its listed on their site: http://www.hair2015.org/)
    - Hotels would likely be around $200-$300/night. I'd need 4 nights Nov. 17 - 21 (anyone going would need to arrive a day early, the congress starts at 11am on Nov. 18)

I'm somewhat screwed for video recording though, while I do have my Canon 70D, it's limited to 29 minutes of recording and 59 seconds. The Canon S120 lasts much longer, about 50 minutes, it'd be a much better camera for recording, so I may need to pick that up. I'll have my 70D as a backup though regardless, not taking any chances.

Cost of this would be significantly less than Desmonds trip seeing how the flight is much easier on the wallet, too bad I'm not a student as that would reduce the access fee. in all, we're looking at around $2,500 USD.

Luckily my day job during that time will be in my favour, I've got about 4 flag ship events I need to produce content and marketing for and the last event for the year is Nov. 16, so immediately after, I'm ready to head out for some much needed rest... or more work in this case.

I need to figure out a couple more things before I make up mind though. I'll keep you all posted.