+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Looks like you have slowed down the progression so no hurry to do anything right now. When I look at the first set of pictures I wouldn't think you are going bald. Most people just look at you for a second and are not analyzing your hair...so right now it looks good.

I wouldn't do a HT for at least another 10 years and hopefully products like Repilicel will be available by then.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Looks like you have slowed down the progression so no hurry to do anything right now. When I look at the first set of pictures I wouldn't think you are going bald. Most people just look at you for a second and are not analyzing your hair...so right now it looks good.

I wouldn't do a HT for at least another 10 years and hopefully products like Repilicel will be available by then.
    Thanks . The reply and opinion really means a lot.

Since as I mentioned I have been taking finasteride 1 mg and a supplement daily for the last 4 years.
    Should I add a ketocinazole shampoo weekly/bi weekly to the regimen as I have seen it is recommended to be done with finasteride. Will also help since I get flare ups of sabbhoric dermatitis sometimes. What do you suggest.

Also is overall thinning on the scalp and not receding hairline or a bald spot normal for male pattern baldness

Hey I don't think your hair looks bad at all. I would cut it shorter, from experience my hair looks way thicker when it is short.

Quote Originally Posted by raghavsarin2612 View Post
    Thanks . The reply and opinion really means a lot.

Since as I mentioned I have been taking finasteride 1 mg and a supplement daily for the last 4 years.
    Should I add a ketocinazole shampoo weekly/bi weekly to the regimen as I have seen it is recommended to be done with finasteride. Will also help since I get flare ups of sabbhoric dermatitis sometimes. What do you suggest.

Also is overall thinning on the scalp and not receding hairline or a bald spot normal for male pattern baldness
    I use Nizoral I think it is the same thing. I think it is a good scalp cleanser and recommend it. People bald in all kind of different patterns but usually starts in the back and and works it way to the hairline...at least in my case it did. Could be something new soon so don't panic.

Bad News Guys.

Had gone to a dermatologist about 20 days back as I was having severe itching , was dignosed with sabbhoric dermatitis and given meds
    Took those meds for 20 days went to doc again.

And now he says it is psoriosis and psoriosis is causing hair loss too. He even recommended a transplant .
    He prescribed a different set of meds.

Had suffered from psoriosis 2 years back and it had troubled me a lot.

Anyone suffering from psoriosis too and does it cause hair loss.

From what I read, it only causes hair loss if you scratch when it itches.

Quote Originally Posted by raghavsarin2612 View Post
    Bad News Guys.

Had gone to a dermatologist about 20 days back as I was having severe itching , was dignosed with sabbhoric dermatitis and given meds
    Took those meds for 20 days went to doc again.

And now he says it is psoriosis and psoriosis is causing hair loss too. He even recommended a transplant .
    He prescribed a different set of meds.

Had suffered from psoriosis 2 years back and it had troubled me a lot.

Anyone suffering from psoriosis too and does it cause hair loss.
    Wow...run away from this guy.

Guys any idea about homeopathic medicines for male pattern baldness ?

Have started taking one today.....plan to try out for half a year since there arnt any side affects associated with them

Anyone having any experience.

Homeopathy has been proven to be a SCAM! If anything, a placebo. Naturopathy probably has more value for many illnesses, but I have not seen anyone on here with any significant hair regrowth from "natural" therapies. Adding a little bit of hair to a thin head of hair... does not help if you want serious density.

Quote Originally Posted by mrclean View Post
    Looks like you have slowed down the progression so no hurry to do anything right now happy wheels. When I look at the first set of pictures I wouldn't think you are going bald. Most people just look at you for a second and are not analyzing your hair...so right now it looks good.