+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default should i go for hair transplant at 24 (pic uploaded)

i want to have a hair transplant but fearing about the further hair loss. this is my pic . i am using Almond+cumin oil + coconut +olive oil for hairs. i have uesd minoxin but it make my face swollen.. dont want to use propecia due to its side effects.

should i wait more or i can have 1500 grafts on the temple and front ?
    my age is 24 .. but look older ...due to hair loss
    hairs are more thin on the crown area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dddd.jpg

Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	15138  

That picture is far from good - but it does not look like you even need a hair transplant.

Sounds like there's more of a problem at the crown than there is at the front?

That pic is pretty creepy haha but you dont seem like you need a hair transplant just some rogaine!

thanks 4 reply... my crown is visible to the eye. and my hairs are too thinn on the front. when my hairs are wet .. i look like a bald guy.
    this is the my 4 years ago hair pattern and thickness.

in this pic i have lost almost 30% hairs. (4 years ago)

Name:	photo-0014.jpg

Size:	4.8 KB
ID:	15140  

Judging from the pictures (which don't tell me too much) you definitely should not get a HT. jmo

Quote Originally Posted by hairwanted View Post
    i look like a bald guy.
    No you don't.

in this pic i have lost almost 30% hairs.
    Not even close to 30% judging by your photos. You have a natural and normal adult male hair line. This is not a good indicator of whether you are balding or not. Since you are not showing us your crown or mid-anterior, it is impossible to tell any more than that from the very poor quality photos you are sharing.

It would not be a good idea for you to get a hair transplant. Most ethical doctors will not do a hair transplant for a man with your hair line. It is also very unwise to have a hair transplant without at least trying proven treatments for at least a full year to make sure you can arrest your hair loss.

The treatments you are currently experimenting with are not going to do you any good. If you have thinning in the crown, the only treatments proven to help you are Propecia and Rogaine. Nizoral shampoo and low level laser therapy may help you as well - but thy key components of an effective hair loss treatment regimen for males is Propecia and Rogaine. Any treatment that does not include those two medications will not be a very effective treatment.

these r the pic taken when i have used oil.
    i haves used minoxin and nizodrem( nizrole) for 2 years but no result but i never use propecia

Name:	IMG-20120523-00113.jpg

Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	15141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120523-00114.jpg

Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	15142  

Hey man from ur pics it looks like ur hairline is fine. With regard to the top, you hair will always look much thinner when covered in oil etc. however it does look like you are diffuse thinning on top. You best bet is to get on Propecia and you may even see some thickening up. Give it one year then consider a transplant. Everyone worries about sides but it's something you have to weigh up and realise that 2% of men experience them. Good luck!

i haves used minoxin and nizodrem( nizrole) for 2 years but no result but i never use propecia
    Those pics are much better. Your hair line is fine but you obviously have a problem all over the top. Rogaine and Nizoral alone are only going to help a little when you have so much loss. You really need to consider adding Propecia to your regimen. It is not my place to recommend it but you do need to consider it if your hair loss bothers you. Talk to your doctor about it. In addition to considering Propecia, also consider using the laser comb every other day.

In any event, you need to try treating your hair loss with the proven treatments for a least a full year prior to considering hair transplant surgery. In your situation, I would say at least 18 months to two years because you have so much loss. Although you have a lot of loss, you might gain a lot back if a good treatment regimen works for you.

While you are treating the problem, you can conceal it with Dermmatch. If a good treatment regimen works well for you, over time you will find yourself using less and less Dermmatch to conceal it.