+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Early balding, metabolic syndrome and diet

Wikipedia brazenly links early Male Pattern Balding to Metabolic Syndrome. However Metabolic Syndrome is supposedly caused by improper nutrition, mostly lack of omega 3 and high caloric and base sugar intake.

if this is true, then someone whose diet has always consisted almost entirely of fruits, vegetables, fatty fish, nuts and lean meats should not experience MPB in their early twenties.

Does any such person frequent the forums yet has had early MPB?

In theory vegans and vegetarians should also qualify, but recent studies hint at wheat and grains being the main cause of insulin resistance and thus obesity and Metabolic Syndrome.

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Wikipedia brazenly links early Male Pattern Balding to Metabolic Syndrome. However Metabolic Syndrome is supposedly caused by improper nutrition, mostly lack of omega 3 and high caloric and base sugar intake.

if this is true, then someone whose diet has always consisted almost entirely of fruits, vegetables, fatty fish, nuts and lean meats should not experience MPB in their early twenties.

Does any such person frequent the forums yet has had early MPB?

In theory vegans and vegetarians should also qualify, but recent studies hint at wheat and grains being the main cause of insulin resistance and thus obesity and Metabolic Syndrome.
    japan before world war 2, when the western diet was not common.

I eat nearly no meat, no sugar except fruits and veggies, have a pretty sweet omega-3 to omega-6 ratio, eat no wheat or grains, and I'm bald as the dickens.

You really ought'a adopt such a diet for general health, but don't bother doing it for your hair's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    I eat nearly no meat, no sugar except fruits and veggies, have a pretty sweet omega-3 to omega-6 ratio, eat no wheat or grains, and I'm bald as the dickens.

You really ought'a adopt such a diet for general health, but don't bother doing it for your hair's sake.
    chances are, this was not your diet throughout childhood, when it mattered the most with regards to hair!

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    chances are, this was not your diet throughout childhood, when it mattered the most with regards to hair!
    That is definitely true. Though what makes you say that that is where it matters most? Sounds sketchy to me. But I suppose possible. Either way, you're right. It would probably be best to look at hairloss in countries that do or did follow that diet. (PRE-WWII Japan is out of the running hard because of rice, if you ask me.)

I can tell you this though: eating like this doesn't seem to slow hairloss, and for certain hasn't reversed it.

yeah I'm sure diet causes MPB....

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post

lol youve made the pgd2 connection but you have failed to connect the diet.

that guy is still sucseptiable to baldness, infect his scalp with pathogens, he will go bald, or increase the pgd2 activity in his follicles, he will go bald...

That is definitely true. Though what makes you say that that is where it matters most? Sounds sketchy to me. But I suppose possible. Either way, you're right. It would probably be best to look at hairloss in countries that do or did follow that diet. (PRE-WWII Japan is out of the running hard because of rice, if you ask me.)

I can tell you this though: eating like this doesn't seem to slow hairloss, and for certain hasn't reversed it.
    diet alone wont reverse baldness, it has an influence on it like dht has an influence on baldness, but is not the cause of it.
    i do believe diet alone can help prevent baldness though in your early years.

Davey; I'm entirely curious, how do you make proper gains when lifting but eat nearly no meat?

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post

dat dere hairline