+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    lol youve made the pgd2 connection but you have failed to connect the diet.

that guy is still sucseptiable to baldness, infect his scalp with pathogens, he will go bald, or increase the pgd2 activity in his follicles, he will go bald...
    sure but why he didn't go bald?

Quote Originally Posted by 2020 View Post
    sure but why he didn't go bald?
    its probably to do with his healthy gut/body bacteria, or hes blessed somehow in the genetics department.

remember there are some people in the population that produce equol.

What i'm trying to focus on here is balding in your twenties, with the assumption that the cause of such early balding is an excessive production of DHT following the acquisition of metabolic syndrome.
    Basically, i'm trying to understand whether producing too much DHT isn't genetic, but an acquired "condition".
    If it was so, it would mean balding in your twenties is a true disease, or the symptom of an underlying disease.

The recent study about tocotrienol effect on hair growth showed major efficacy without blocking DHT (and actually increasing testosterone). Not only such tocotrienols exhibited an hormone-balancing effect, but they also seemed to relieve the "fatty liver syndrome", which is supposedly a necessary Metabolic Syndrome-linked cause to low SHBG levels, which in turn would cause over-availability of free Testosterone for DHT conversion.
    While the cause of hair regrowth due to tocotrienol is attributed to "antioxidant" action of the vitamin complex i believe it could be the hormone regulatory action instead. "Fixing" or "improving" the "fatty liver syndrome" could improve SHBG levels and thus reduce DHT levels. This effect could be transitory, though.

A normal diet shift could be not enough to heal the condition, like it isn't enough to heal people of type 2 diabetes, however an extremely low carb diet has proven to be able to heal type 2 diabetes sufferers and could help people with metabolic syndrome just in the same way. I guess the only thing left for me to do about this is to test it on myself in the following years. Fish oil supplements, the Toco-8 supplement and a permanent harsh low carb diet shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Wikipedia brazenly links early Male Pattern Balding to Metabolic Syndrome. However Metabolic Syndrome is supposedly caused by improper nutrition, mostly lack of omega 3 and high caloric and base sugar intake.

if this is true, then someone whose diet has always consisted almost entirely of fruits, vegetables, fatty fish, nuts and lean meats should not experience MPB in their early twenties.

Does any such person frequent the forums yet has had early MPB?

In theory vegans and vegetarians should also qualify, but recent studies hint at wheat and grains being the main cause of insulin resistance and thus obesity and Metabolic Syndrome.
    I was diagnosed with Metabolic Syndrome earlier this year. It does not make sense but low t and mpb are 2 of the symptoms. I was in good physical shape till I went back to grad school and gained more weight than I care to admit to. Once I graduated, I tried to lose weight but found it very difficult. I could walk but if I ran I would get sick. As time went on I got sicker and always felt like I was slightly drugged. I also had a false hunger. I would eat dinner at night say at 7p.m. Yet by 9 or 10 it was like I had never eaten and was starving. Also when I would get off work I would feel bad and would drink grapefruit juice and within a few minutes would feel fine. I was always the person who never got sick and always felt great so I knew something was badly going wrong.

As soon as they gave me T supplementation, everything started going back to normal. My weight started dropping right away. I could run again without getting sick. I was no longer hungry all the time for no reason. People who had not seen me in a couple of months could tell the difference, even said my face looked much better. One thing that motivated me was I saw what happens if you do nothing about it. A longtime friend's husband was told he had it some years back. Well he is super lazy and just blew off his docs attempts to help him. His weight just kept rising, he got full blown diabetes , had a heart attack in his sleep, became a full blown horseshoe and looks like crap at 400+ lbs now. He has that same false hunger too. His daughter has been trying to intervene and noticed last week that one of his dinners was 5000 calories. Anyway probably more than you wanted to know but figured I would throw that in since I am dealing with it right now myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aston View Post
    Basically, i'm trying to understand whether producing too much DHT isn't genetic, but an acquired "condition".

thats exactly what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gutted View Post
    thats exactly what it is.
    Since when is producing too much DHT the issue? Isn't it more so the oversensitivity to DHT?

Senior Member BaldinLikeBaldwin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    Since when is producing too much DHT the issue? Isn't it more so the oversensitivity to DHT?
    Well, with lower DHT levels the oversensitivity becomes less of a factor.

Your DHT levels, whether from diet or genes, aren't the problem. The problem is follicular sensitivity to DHT. That's what causes miniaturization, and lifestyle changes unfortunately won't anything much to help that.

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    well i guess that is probably what modern science has established so far, but in my opinon, flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by 25 going on 65 View Post
    Your DHT levels, whether from diet or genes, aren't the problem. The problem is follicular sensitivity to DHT. That's what causes miniaturization, and lifestyle changes unfortunately won't anything much to help that.
    Injecting steroids it's a life choice that alters your hormones and it does change much your hair loss status. Look at all the body builders !

Unless they all decided to get buffed once they started losing their hair