Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thechamp
    • Jan 2011

we need a miracle

we need a miracle no new treatments coming any time soon we need a miracle!
  • UK_
    • Feb 2011

We need jebus.

Look, on a serious note, I recently read an article about a team of Japanese scientists cloning 500 mice.

That's the creation of 500 clones, an army of cloned mice... But...

Cloning a human hair follicle? Impossible.

Comment

• didi
      • Nov 2011

Their study is published today in the journal Cell Stem Cell.

In an experiment that started in 2005, the team led by Dr. Teruhiko Wakayama has used a technique called somatic cell nuclear transfer (SNCT) to produce 581 clones of one original 'donor' mouse, through 25 consecutive rounds of cloning.

We gotta get dr wakayama to work on hair cloning,
      dr nigam can you pls get in touch with this dude, he knows his sh!t

Comment

• bibz
        • Apr 2013

just shut your mouth with your useless threads...

Comment

• clandestine
          • Aug 2011

Good one, champ! You're my boy blue!

Real *****ing insightful here.

Comment

• walrus
            • Feb 2012

Cloning a whole animal is a very different process (easier) than cloning a single, self supporting organ (which is essentially what a hair is).

Comment

• UK_
              • Feb 2011

This is not a useless thread, we now have a place for anyone to post any miracles if they come across them.

Comment

• clandestine
                • Aug 2011

Funny, *****ing useless strong bump there, UK.

Good to see Winston has been moderating the cutting edge section lately. /s

Comment

• DepressedByHairLoss
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by UK_
                  We need jebus.

Look, on a serious note, I recently read an article about a team of Japanese scientists cloning 500 mice.

That's the creation of 500 clones, an army of cloned mice... But...

Cloning a human hair follicle? Impossible.
                  I know, it really absolutely makes no sense whatsoever. But then again, there are an infinite number of "scientists" who get paid to tinker with mice for their entire career, yet never do a damn thing for humans.

Comment

• iH8d0ugh
                    • Dec 2012

What these companies (replicel, histogen, ari etc) probably fail to realize is that their demographic isn't only 50 year old men who want their hair back but also young guys who want to stop their hairloss aswell. I'm only 16 and nobody should ever be cursed with this disease at such a young age. No 16 year old should have baldtruthtalk as their most visited website and no 16 year old should be spending as much time as i do researching treatments for baldness.

All I want is a good way to restore my hairline and keep it like that. I'm probably going to be bald by my 22nd birthday, and that terrifies me. I would trade one of my feet and however much money they ask for too get my hairline back and keep it for the rest of my life. You guys who are balding in your mid 20's have it easy, in that age it's actually not uncommon to start balding and quite socially acceptable but 16? It's ridiculous. The fact that I'm still way too young for any good treatments (Fin, Dutas) makes this whole situation even worse. If I could i would get on Dutas in a heartbeat

If these companies realized that 16-20 year olds are going through this too and would shower them with money for a cure i think they would hurry the **** up. I try to keep optimistic about the new treatments but the latest news from Histogen and Replicels clinical trails were really underwhelming and as it is right now, yes, we do need a miracle.

Comment

• greatjob!
                      • Aug 2011

Originally posted by iH8d0ugh
                      What these companies (replicel, histogen, ari etc) probably fail to realize is that their demographic isn't only 50 year old men who want their hair back but also young guys who want to stop their hairloss aswell. I'm only 16 and nobody should ever be cursed with this disease at such a young age. No 16 year old should have baldtruthtalk as their most visited website and no 16 year old should be spending as much time as i do researching treatments for baldness.

All I want is a good way to restore my hairline and keep it like that. I'm probably going to be bald by my 22nd birthday, and that terrifies me. I would trade one of my feet and however much money they ask for too get my hairline back and keep it for the rest of my life. You guys who are balding in your mid 20's have it easy, in that age it's actually not uncommon to start balding and quite socially acceptable but 16? It's ridiculous. The fact that I'm still way too young for any good treatments (Fin, Dutas) makes this whole situation even worse. If I could i would get on Dutas in a heartbeat

If these companies realized that 16-20 year olds are going through this too and would shower them with money for a cure i think they would hurry the **** up. I try to keep optimistic about the new treatments but the latest news from Histogen and Replicels clinical trails were really underwhelming and as it is right now, yes, we do need a miracle.
                      I feel for you buddy I started losing my hair pretty much right after puberty. Not very fun.

Comment

• Vox
                        • Jan 2013

Hey iH8d0ugh, I feel for you pal. I started losing hair when I was in your age but the result was not really noticeable before 20-21, I suppose due to strong regeneration in that age (body still under development). I ended up in NW6/7 territory, but this does not really provide any hint about the evolution of your case.

No matter how you look at it, it is really bad when it starts so early in life. Good luck.

Comment

• bibz
                          • Apr 2013

bla bla bla ***** thread bla bla....

Comment

• bibz
                            • Apr 2013

@iH8d0ugh
                            If i was your friend or your brother i would slap your face... Well you started to loose your hair early, and THANKS TO GOD you noticed it very early TOO, you are in the best position to keep all of your hair! If you start fighting this shit like a man and stop be a pessimist girl u will keep ALL of your hair and no one will see that you're loosing it! I started to loose my hair at the same age, today i have 21 and i have a ton of hair.
                            Regrowth hair: Fiction.
                            Maintain hair: Reality ----> Our case.

Comment

• Conpecia
                              • Sep 2011

on the bright side you'll most likely be cured while you're still young and live most of your life with a full head of hair. but yeah mpb at that age is tougher, no doubt.

Comment

Working...