+ Reply to Thread
Page 84 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast

Agree with Trouse. In the long term, RU is a waste of money. Of course there are a handful of guys on forums who had reported amazing regrowth, myself included, but as I say in the long term you're just back to where you started again. I was blown away initially by the regrowth or illusion of regrowth when I started out using RU. Then, after a while, it just stopped dead in its tracks and even though I kept on it to maintain, ultimately I'm back to where I was before. There's no doubt it improves the quality and perhaps the thickness of existing hair. If you want a quick fix, go for it but don't expect it to stay that way for very long because it won't. My advice would be to save your money.

In the long term, RU is a waste of money.
    Are you a long term RU user?

If so, how long you been taking it?

Do you believe RU looses its efficacy with long term use? I believe this is due to the bodies ability to adapt to its continual use by producing more androgens. In order to avoid this perhaps cycling dosages throughout the week/fortnight/month may be a viable option in order to avoid tolerance build up.

I used it steady for over a year. Perhaps this is not long enough to base an opinion on. However, I can tell you that after as little as a month, I began to see major improvements. It was shocking. My hair filled in dramatically to the point where you wouldn't really notice I was losing hair. I'm not sure if this was regrowth. I do think that my hair thickened up considerably, lost it's steel wool properties and began to resemble something that felt like healthy hair. This continued for several months. Around about the 6 month mark, things started to go pear shaped again and it simply lost efficacy. I kept on it anyway but it was a fruitless endeavour. Looks like it was the same for Hellouser and a few others I can think of. There's a reason they aren't on RU anymore after experiencing pretty mindblowing results and I suspect that it's because it simply stopped working. This is only my experience and everyone is different. For me, it didn't take very long to see improvements, but those improvements also came to a head rather quickly. For others, it may take some time and when you do get results, they may stick around longer than they did for me. No two bodies are the same.

Quote Originally Posted by diffuseloser View Post
    I used it steady for over a year. Perhaps this is not long enough to base an opinion on. However, I can tell you that after as little as a month, I began to see major improvements. It was shocking. My hair filled in dramatically to the point where you wouldn't really notice I was losing hair. I'm not sure if this was regrowth. I do think that my hair thickened up considerably, lost it's steel wool properties and began to resemble something that felt like healthy hair. This continued for several months. Around about the 6 month mark, things started to go pear shaped again and it simply lost efficacy. I kept on it anyway but it was a fruitless endeavour. Looks like it was the same for Hellouser and a few others I can think of. There's a reason they aren't on RU anymore after experiencing pretty mindblowing results and I suspect that it's because it simply stopped working. This is only my experience and everyone is different. For me, it didn't take very long to see improvements, but those improvements also came to a head rather quickly. For others, it may take some time and when you do get results, they may stick around longer than they did for me. No two bodies are the same.
    Interesting diffuseloser. Did you actually manage to stay at baseline and maintain though?

Thanks for the response diffuseloser.

Its surprising you got that kind of results from an antiandrogen. most people see improvement after 6-8 months and results tend to stabilize a few months later.

i started RU last january and things are working pretty good. Good maintenance and some rethickening of the nw 2-3 area

Maybe a little offtopic but i think the reason hellouser stopped ru was because of sides.

Keep in mind that maintaining hair is still a success but i understand is somewhat dissapointing to lose the gains.

@Swooping

Swoop, my hair was in pretty bad shape before I started RU. Hair loss was a typical diffuse pattern with recession at the temples. Scalp was very visible and had very noticeable difference in appearance to the sides and back of head which were dark and thick. This accentuated the loss I was suffering on top. All in all, a pretty dire state of affairs. I did not document my experience on RU with photos, but I can tell you that after a very short period of time, the top of my head began to blend in considerably well with the back and sides. Almost to baseline but not quite. I managed to maintain for quite a few months, then started losing again. Maybe this was shedding, but I did persevere and those initial results didn't return. My hair returned to the state it was in prior to RU and I was unable to maintain. I'm not sure what happened. There were too many variables to put a finger on. I was somewhat slapdash with regards to my RU preparation. I often forgot to put it back in the freezer and such. This experience may have been down to my own carelessness.

@Tenma

You're welcome. It's good to share the experiences we've had and come up with solutions. As I say, it was quite surprising that I experienced positive results with RU right off the bat. I may be incorrect in saying RU is a waste of money. I think there are many things I could have done better to give it a chance of succeeding. I am willing to give it another bash though and may do so now in the coming months. This time I will take a bit more care in the preparation and storage of RU to see if it makes any difference. My mixing method was lazy and did not require me to make very exact measurements. I generally mixed all my RU and minox from the start and stored the mixed bottles rather than preparing weekly doses. So this was my experience and wouldn't read into it too much as I don't think it's fair to say this is a very reliable experience. I wish you all the best of luck with your own and please do keep us posted.

Thanks diffuseloser, interesting indeed. For me RU is still working after 2 years. However it did reach a plateau before the 1 year mark. Didn't notice any improvement after that. A user (Elevation) used RU58841 for 10 years before it stopped working for him. Just shows how people can react differently to treatments. I think everyone should realistically just expect only to maintain on a longer time period whether that is with a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor or an anti-androgen. Everything better than that is a plus. And some unlucky individuals won't even be able to maintain. RU58841 doesn't block all DHT binding from the androgen receptor. So just like some people are not able to maintain with finasteride not everyone will be able to maintain on RU.

Hi Swooping, are you using Ru with Minox? if so, how do you apply both? ru first till it dries, and then the liquid minox? once or twice a day? i am using 5% Ru in ethanol.glycol

Quote Originally Posted by Swooping View Post
    Thanks diffuseloser, interesting indeed. For me RU is still working after 2 years. However it did reach a plateau before the 1 year mark. Didn't notice any improvement after that. A user (Elevation) used RU58841 for 10 years before it stopped working for him. Just shows how people can react differently to treatments. I think everyone should realistically just expect only to maintain on a longer time period whether that is with a 5 alpha reductase inhibitor or an anti-androgen. Everything better than that is a plus. And some unlucky individuals won't even be able to maintain. RU58841 doesn't block all DHT binding from the androgen receptor. So just like some people are not able to maintain with finasteride not everyone will be able to maintain on RU.

Quote Originally Posted by warner8 View Post
    Hi Swooping, are you using Ru with Minox? if so, how do you apply both? ru first till it dries, and then the liquid minox? once or twice a day? i am using 5% Ru in ethanol.glycol
    I used it with kirkland minoxidil at 6%. Just mix it into it and apply once a day. Now I use it with ethanol/PG. Dropped minoxidil.