Spencer, please help us end the debate on Dr. Gho's HST procedure!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yeahyeahyeah
    • Nov 2011

Originally posted by gc83uk
    Well it's sensible to only take from the donor area, you can't argue with that. It's better to be safe than sorry and to assume I'll end up an nw7.

So you've seen a very small bald spot on my donor area photos or are you talking about your donor area? I'm not mad about any observation like that. I'd like to see exactly what your referring to though. It could be from my biopsy or from a small strip surgery I had when I was 14 (That's a long story, probably not worth discussing here).

Personally if I knew I was going to be a nw7, I would keep getting say a 1000 grafts done each year chasing the baldness so it always looked as if I wasn't balding, I wouldn't wait until I was a nw7 and then do something about.

Each to their own though!
    Are you on propecia?

TBH with the new treatments coming out, restoring your hairline isnt such a bad idea maradona.

A HT should cover you for a few more years yet.

Comment

• Maradona
      • Nov 2011

Well it's sensible to only take from the donor area, you can't argue with that. It's better to be safe than sorry and to assume I'll end up an nw7.

So you've seen a very small bald spot on my donor area photos or are you talking about your donor area? I'm not mad about any observation like that. I'd like to see exactly what your referring to though. It could be from my biopsy or from a small strip surgery I had when I was 14 (That's a long story, probably not worth discussing here).

Personally if I knew I was going to be a nw7, I would keep getting say a 1000 grafts done each year chasing the baldness so it always looked as if I wasn't balding, I wouldn't wait until I was a nw7 and then do something about.

Each to their own though!
      No man, I told you your donor looks safe and good, looks bomb proof to me. I'm talking about my donor, i saw a small bald spot, very small you would have to part my hair carefully to see it, this is why I ask.

from where does Dr. Gho take the grafts in the above picture?

Comment

• gc83uk
        • Nov 2011

ok, I misread you. Loads of people have small bald spots all over their heads even in the safe donor area, you might always have had it, but paranoia makes you search looking for bald spots.

He takes grafts from the same place all hair transplant doctors take the grafts from. The NW7 last guy in the picture, this guy could easily still have a hair transplant.

wiki safe zone

Is this where your small bald spot is? I personally think your worrying way too much. When have you ever seen a old guy with absolutely no hair even in his safe zone?

Comment

• Maradona
          • Nov 2011

ok, I misread you. Loads of people have small bald spots all over their heads even in the safe donor area, you might always have had it, but paranoia makes you search looking for bald spots.

He takes grafts from the same place all hair transplant doctors take the grafts from. The NW7 last guy in the picture, this guy could easily still have a hair transplant.

wiki safe zone

Is this where your small bald spot is? I personally think your worrying way too much. When have you ever seen a old guy with absolutely no hair even in his safe zone?
          my bald spot is on the right side of the edge on that picture.

I'm telling you this is weird, my family history of baldness is mild at best. So I must've inherited some ****ed up genes from 3 generations ago.

If he takes the grafts from that picture, that's a very good thing.

Comment

• damielmillo
            • May 2011

I will have the procedure in Amsterdam...then i must to stay in the hotel for 2 days at least...i do not want to go out to the street with the head red and noticeable. I don{t know if i will shave all my head...but i saw in the Hasci webpage that the best results of the transplant are with the shaved head... :S

Are you having a strip shaved or will Gho's techs be shaving your entire head?

I'm just going to say this again in case you have misunderstood me, to have the best possible pictures then you would need to take a photograph AFTER your head has been shaved, but BEFORE the hair has been extracted by Gho.

If you don't want to shave your head, then I understand completely, I didn't and while trying to prove to others my donor regeneration, most people wanted to see the donor area photo shaved before extraction. Gho took some pictures, but you I know they won't be as good as the pictures I've been taking.

To answer your questions, you can wear a cap after the HST, but you have to be really careful. Obviously don't press the hat down too far. I had no choice but to wear a hat, there was no way I was walking outside like that without a hat onto a busy London road whilst trying to hail a london cab back to the train station. Are you having it done in London? I know a really good hotel which is a 2 min walk from the clinic if you need the details.

You can wash the hair 2 days after, but only gently with water first. Gho will give you all the after case instruction in an easy to understand chart showing day by day what you can and can't do etc.

Comment

• Maradona
              • Nov 2011

Originally posted by damielmillo
              I will have the procedure in Amsterdam...then i must to stay in the hotel for 2 days at least...i do not want to go out to the street with the head red and noticeable. I don{t know if i will shave all my head...but i saw in the Hasci webpage that the best results of the transplant are with the shaved head... :S
              cuanto te cuesta todo os gastos? o hotel y todo demás sin contar el precio del HST?

Comment

• damielmillo
                • May 2011

Y...es caro!! El hotel el primer dia te lo paga HASCI...
                El segundo dia me sale algo como 85 Euros...
                Al tercer dia me voy a ir a uno mas barato... Amsterdam es una ciudad muy cara...

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                  • Oct 2011

So I just went to ghos website for the first time and looked through the before after photos.

Jesus god damn !@#$ing what the hell does it take for these morons to put up decent before and after photos.

I got disgusted with those slider before/after that aren't even remotely at the same angle or of the same hair length and some you can't even tell its the same head AND there is a different combing style going on.

Talk about disguising the total achievable effect.

*sigh*

Not to say its all a joke - its clearly not...but come the !@#$ on already take pride in your god damn work and put up some decent god damn before and after instead of resorting to trickery to make it look better.

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by NotBelievingIt
                    So I just went to ghos website for the first time and looked through the before after photos.

Jesus god damn !@#$ing what the hell does it take for these morons to put up decent before and after photos.
                    Keep in mind that the before after photos are after sessions of no more than 1,800 grafts... some of the results are good for that considered

Comment

• amadeus
                      • Dec 2008

That can’t be correct. These doctors could not sue Dr. Gho for false advertising or for driving patients away because of that false advertising. It is more likely that they reported Gho to a state or country agency for false advertising and the agency might have found no cause for the action. Then Gho went after them for hurting his reputation and they settled with a full retraction and apology. Since the doctors could not prove that Gho was not doing what he claimed to be able to do, the agency had to say there was no just cause for the action.

Originally posted by Davey Jones
                      My understanding of the situation is that Gho was sued by other hair transplant surgeons because he was claiming to do things that they thought were impossible, and they thought they were losing clients who were woo'ed away by his false promises. As the trial went on, the court decided the evidence was consistent with his advertisements, i.e. that they couldn't successfully sue him, because he wasn't lying, and he could do what he was saying.

I have no doubt that the letter was written by a lawyer as part of a settlement, but it stands that the proceedings found Gho to be truthful in his assertions. How accurate those trials were, we can't say for sure. I am fairly ignorant to most things Gho related, actually. Hopefully we get some more pics up in this b*tch.

damielmillo already mentioned that he will be taking pics to try to see evidence of Gho's claims. What about you, NeedHairASAP?

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                        • Jul 2011

Originally posted by amadeus
                        That can’t be correct. These doctors could not sue Dr. Gho for false advertising or for driving patients away because of that false advertising. It is more likely that they reported Gho to a state or country agency for false advertising and the agency might have found no cause for the action. Then Gho went after them for hurting his reputation and they settled with a full retraction and apology. Since the doctors could not prove that Gho was not doing what he claimed to be able to do, the agency had to say there was no just cause for the action.
                        Gho sued other doctors for a defamation type deal

Comment

• amadeus
                          • Dec 2008

That's what I thought. Whoever is spreading the rumors that these doctors sued Gho has it all mixed up. It makes no sense. There seems to be a lot of false information being spread about Gho and a lot of related issues about him.

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                          Gho sued other doctors for a defamation type deal

Comment

• NeedHairASAP
                            • Jul 2011

That's what I thought. Whoever is spreading the rumors that these doctors sued Gho has it all mixed up. It makes no sense. There seems to be a lot of false information being spread about Gho and a lot of related issues about him.

It would be cool if Spencer asked other doctors about it...

it would be great, if for example,he could clarify with Feridini what happened, why he doesn't carry HST, and so forth.

Isn't spencer the head of some group that feridini and others are in? it shouldnt be hard to contact them, though i doubt well get many answers from them..... gee, I wonder why....

Comment

• JJJJrS
                              • Apr 2012

According to the HASCI website:

HaarStamcel Transplantatie® (Hair Stem Cell Transplantation) by the Hair Science Institute (HSI) is a great success. In fact, it has proven so successful that a number of other clinics in the Netherlands have decided to challenge the HSI’s claims through the courts – twice! The direct motivation for doing so was the treatment of the Dutch singer and entertainer Gerard Joling, who is very well known in both the Netherlands and Belgium. After his first treatment at the HSI, Gerard publicly expressed great praise for both the HSI and its patented technique at the end of 2009.

The result? The court decided in the Hair Science Institute’s favour on both occasions.
                              I'm not familiar with the court proceedings, but based on the information provided on Gho's website it sounds like the other clinics initiated this.

Comment

• NotBelievingIt
                                • Oct 2011

Originally posted by NeedHairASAP
                                Keep in mind that the before after photos are after sessions of no more than 1,800 grafts... some of the results are good for that considered
                                I'm sure the results are what they are for the number done, but thats beside the point. My rant about being decent is around the "trickery" used in the photos.

Whether intentional or not doesn't matter, the consistency just isn't there and thats sad.

Comment

Working...