+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default 18 year old NWIII

Hey everyone I'm an 18 year old Asian male (turning 19 soon) and I have genetic hairloss. I'm already a NWIIIish, frontal hairloss only, my dad is a NW5V so its safe to assume I will end up same as him, although I may have started a bit earlier. I've been taking finasteride for about 6 months now and started using rogaine once a day for about 2 months. Its definitely slowing down my hairloss but it seems like I'm still losing (unless finasteride is going to miraculously turn it around in the suggested 8 month use before evaluation). I'm thinking of just shaving my head bald when I can't hide it anymore. I wonder how I'll look as a bald asian male. right now my hair is parted down the middle so it covers the receding temples, most people cant tell. Hairloss at such a young age really sucks.

I'm interested in anyones story with a similar standing as me, with hairloss at a particularly young age.

And for any ladies that come across this thread, how do you feel about men who are losing hair?

lol

I am 20, I am also almost a norwood 3 at the front.

lol hey at least you have 2 years on me =P

Hey man, welcome It's not about what women or anyone feels about your hair loss, just how you yourself feels about it. You may look great with a shaved head, it's best to accept hair loss, but if you cant and want to fight it (like many of us do), you are in the right place

haha yeah Mick i hear you. and i know its how we feel about it but im just interested in hearing what women actually think. i havent actually asked until now

Sadly, without your hair you will have less impact on women. Thats just how it goes man.

I am living proof of this. It has impacted me BIGTIME. Girls loved my hair.

Now they smirk at me. It sucks. But I think my regimen is working in terms of not losing more hair. I might see some regrowth.

Best of luck to us all.

Approaching 24 and NW2. Starting my regime with propecia in a month's time, current undergoing treatment for dermatitis so that I will be suitable for rogaine

hey speaking of women im 26 an basically a NW3, and am going out with a babe tomorrow night, only problem is when i met her I was rocking a hat! AH this should be interesting

I obviously work in an industry where I meet a lot of men experiencing hair loss and I don’t find it to be a big deal at all. Through my job, I meet plenty of really attractive guys who just happen to be losing their hair but it’s certainly not off-putting in the way some men fear it is. I see hair loss as something natural that most men will experience at some point in their lifetime. That said, I do sympathize with men struggling with hair loss, particularly those who must lose their hair before all their peers. I realize that it’s even more difficult for men who are used to getting a lot of attention for their hair or looks- similar, I imagine, to how women who were really beautiful in their youth struggle the most with aging.

Hey man I just turned 22 and I have been dealing with hair loss since I was 18. It's gotten me extremely depressed in the past, but I find the best way to deal with it is this...

1. Take propecia, rogaine, and use nizoral shampoo as directed
    2. Style your hair so that you think it looks as good as possible, and cover as many thinning areas as possible (don't use too much gel or product though, because it will be obvious and/or look worse)
    3. Forget about it! If you're doing step 1, you're doing everything you can do prevent or slow hair loss. Don't stress constantly, and try to focus on the positive things in your life such as family, friends, and significant others. They all care about you regardless of your hair, and you think about it WAY more than any of them do. It's never as bad as you think, so keep your head up!