Closed Thread
Page 73 of 187 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DanWS View Post
    Not sure if it's any help but the following site is selling IGF-1 LR3 at pharmaceutical grade: http://www.chsir.com/IGF-1%20Pharmacutical.htm

The company seems to have an affiliation with the University of California, Irvine.
    1. I sent an email to the two emails on that page, but the "info" email auto-replied back to me saying the mailbox was full.
    2. I ran a JavaScript function on that website for latest activity and it hasn't been updated since 11/30/2006 @ 17:59:26.

Their homepage hasn't been updated in two years either, but regardless I'll let you know if they get back to me.

We are near to the goal, it's only a matter of time, if everything goes wrong at least increlex is somehow avaible guys, i found out is manufactured by hospira inc, in kansas
    http://www.hospira.com/en/

it seems it gives supply service, but with the shortage of increlex i can't find it listed but seems interesting

Post Insulin-Like Growth Factor -1: Roles In Androgenetic Alopecia

Experimental Dermatology (Impact Factor: 4.12). 02/2014; DOI: 10.1111/exd.12339
    Source: PubMed

ABSTRACT Of all the cytokines or growth factors which have been postulated to play a role in hair follicle, insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1) is known to be regulated by androgens. However, how IGF-1 is altered in the balding scalp has not yet been investigated. In this study, expressions of IGF-1 and its binding proteins by dermal papilla (DP) cells obtained from balding vs. non-balding hair follicles were quantified using growth factor array. DP cells from balding scalp follicles were found to secrete significantly less IGF-1, IGFBP-2 and IGFBP-4 (P< 0.05) than their non-balding counterparts.

Our data confirmed that the downregulation of IGF-1 may be one of the important mechanisms contributing to male pattern baldness.
    This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved

My view is that if Follicept add other growth factors to it, it's already a "Histogen".
    But Histogen won't have problem of supply whereas Follicept has.
    If Follicept solves this then we dont need to wait till 2019 for Histogen.
    But after seeing the current situation, I become a little bit pessimistic.

But in order to add other grow factors.....does it need an FDA approval ? So....5-7 years ?
    Or can be it like actually, a "simple cosmetic", i don't think ! :\

I'm not a scientist so forgive me if this is the wrong stuff, but this is worth a look:

http://www.ajiaminoscience.com/produ...cts/igf-1.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by DerekM228 View Post
    I'm not a scientist so forgive me if this is the wrong stuff, but this is worth a look:

http://www.ajiaminoscience.com/produ...cts/igf-1.aspx
    Thanks for all the help. We have narrowed it down to the 1 or 2 suppliers and are hounding them to get us a sample. We will update you ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Hairismylife View Post
    My view is that if Follicept add other growth factors to it, it's already a "Histogen".
    But Histogen won't have problem of supply whereas Follicept has.
    If Follicept solves this then we dont need to wait till 2019 for Histogen.
    But after seeing the current situation, I become a little bit pessimistic.
    I think this is a pretty accurate assessment. I wouldn't become pessimistic, though. We do have a supply issue but it's temporary. Hang in there guys! It looks like the thread has quieted down a bit for the moment, so I will check back in next week about this time to update you with any movement from the supplier. I will bug him Monday/Tuesday and let you know either way next Wednesday or so. I will monitor the forum so if anything big pops up I will respond, but if you don't hear from me, don't worry.

Happy Passover and Easter to those who celebrate, and have a great weekend to everyone!

Devon

Another couple links.

http://www.rndsystems.com/Products/8335-GMP (or http://www.rndsystems.com/Products/291-GMP). I sent an email.

The products say they're only for research or ex vivo application, not in vivo, though their terms and conditions state an exception to this...

"the End User will not use this GMP Product in any procedure wherein the product may be directly or indirectly administered to humans, unless the End User has obtained, or prior to their use will have obtained, an Investigational New Drug (IND) exemption from the FDA and will use the product only in accordance with the protocols of such IND and of the Institutional Review Board overseeing the proposed research"

Again, not a scientist, so I don't exactly know what to conclude of that.

Got an email back from a guy at R&D Systems:

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your inquiry. We have catalog# 291-GMP available that most closely matches your criteria. It is not scrutinized by the FDA, but R&D Systems' GMP proteins are produced according to relevant sections of the following documents: WHO TRS, No. 822, 1992 Annex 1, Good Manufacturing Practices for Biological Products; USP Chapter 1043, Ancillary Materials for Cell, Gene and Tissue-Engineered Products and USP Chapter 92, Growth Factors and Cytokines Used in Cell Therapy Manufacturing.

Please see the second page of the datasheet for more GMP-protein specific information.

Recombinant Human IGF-I GMP
    Catalog Number: 291-GMP
    http://www.rndsystems.com/pdf/291-GMP.pdf

If it looks like this product might meet your requirements, please fill out a bulk request form, so that our sales team may consider and get back to you regarding lead time, pricing and other specifics.

Bulk request form:
    http://www.rndsystems.com/customer_s...e_request.aspx

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Sincerely,

Andrew Shaffer
    Technical Associate
    R&D Systems, a Bio-Techne brand
    Learn more: www.bio-techne.com

Bio-Techne
    614 McKinley Place NE
    Minneapolis, MN 55413

Toll Free 1 800 343 7475
    Andrew.Shaffer@bio-techne.com

Bio-Techne Life Science Brands
    R&D Systems, rndsystems.com
    Novus Biologicals, novusbio.com
    Tocris, tocris.com
    ProteinSimple, proteinsimple.com

-----Original Message-----
    From: website@bio-techne.com [mailto:website@bio-techne.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, April 01, 2015 12:20 PM
    To: Sales Web
    Subject: RnD Contact Us Form

How Can We Help You? Sales
    Catalog Number(s):
    Questions & Comments: Hello,

A University-affiliated company is seeking FDA cGMP compliant clinical grade recombinant IGF-1 from microbial fermentation for research use. Do you manufacture this, and/or do you have a process developed to do so? If so, do you have a minimum order/batch size, what are the approximate startup costs, and what is your maximum capacity?

Thank you!
    Derek