+ Reply to Thread

Angry Restarting finasteride after quitting to conceive. Terrible shed. Help!

Hey all,

I'm 43 yrs old, thinning for several years. I've been on fin and min for over 5 yrs, my hairloss was halted with some regrowth.

I quit fin for 3 months while trying to conceive, after 2.5 months in I started to shed badly and have at least 30-40% of overall hair. In an attempt to recover, I started PRP treatments two months ago and restarted fin last month. I would be fine if i can recover about 50% of my lost hair. I still use 5% min twice daily, LLLT cap and microneedle. Is hope lost? Any other treatment options to boost recovery?

I'm still shedding, and its the most anxiety driven situation i've been in. Feels pretty hopeless. I am considering going to dutasteride as well. Since this is all so new, is there a chance I'm just going through a reset or some sort of shock loss?

Anyway, I really appreciate if anyone has any advice or even sharing their experience restarting after going through something like this.

I could not find where to edit my original post, I should say I've LOST 30-40% of my hair with this shed but then again I might only have 40% left. So I guess its just about 6 of one and half doze of the other. Either way, hoping to get some some feedback from folks who restarted fin after a very short break, and if they recovered. Its been pretty tough trying to ignore the situation, but after 2 months of terrible shed its becoming rough on the nerves. Thanks!